Jump rope recommendations

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Mrxyz

Jump rope recommendations

Post by Mrxyz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:57 am

Hi all,
Looking at jump rope exercises, and I wonder if you have any recommendations on what to buy.
Online searches give so many 'recommendations' but not sure what to trust and many site 'push' you towards a online retailer and are likely biased.
Thanks

Kuna_Papa_Wengi

Re: Jump rope recommendations

Post by Kuna_Papa_Wengi » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:10 am

I bought a gold's gym brand from walmart. It works very well and was only about $5.

Hillview

Post by Hillview » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am

Husband has this
http://mil-specropes.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=64
Got it at a Crossfit event. He has had 3 others but this one has passed the test of time. He has used it for4 years. He uses it several times a week and takes it to a gym and back as well as on business/vacation trips. He jumps double unders.

That said I have one too. I use it for singles and like it as well but I don't use it nearly as much as he does.

Summit111

Post by Summit111 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:58 am

Really🤦‍♂️
“Got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind!” Snoop Dog

TonyDAntonio

Post by TonyDAntonio » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:56 am

I found an old vacuum cleaner and cut the power cord to jump rope length. Use it every day.

Nah, I was just kidding about that last part.

And the first part.

I think it would work though. 🤷‍♂️

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:20 am

Basic speed ropes can be found on Aliexpress for ~$5. I have 2 and they do the job and have lasted a few years.

hectorochoa

Post by hectorochoa » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:35 am

Kuna_Papa_Wengi wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:10 am
I bought a gold's gym brand from walmart. It works very well and was only about $5.
Gold's Gym from walmart. Has the option of including little weights in the handles, or you can remove them. I've had many of this same jump rope over the years and find it to be a great rope at a good price.

Morik

Post by Morik » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 am

I have one of those adjustable ropes, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Cross-J ... =jump+rope

Not sure if that is the exact one I have, but it looks like that.
I've been happy with it--it is nice being able to adjust it perfectly for your height.

Depending on your goals, you may also want to consider getting a heavy/weighted jump rope. It will give your arms/shoulders a bit more of a workout. I haven't used one, but I know several people who do and they love them. (I will probably get one at some point...)

GibsonL6s

Post by GibsonL6s » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:54 am

I have a basic plastic speed rope that I use and also a the linked below. It is a weighted rope with the weight in the rope (as opposed to the handles) It is a great work out. The key is the right length, I needed to go one size longer than what was recommended for my height. Good luck

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0759 ... UTF8&psc=1