where to park money

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
ionenergy

where to park money

Post by ionenergy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am

Hi,

i have some cash remaining after all the investments I made. High yield savings has been steadily coming down and it could continue to do so. Where else can I put my money that can safely generate some income that is not related to interest rate?

thanks in advance

megabad

Re: where to park money

Post by megabad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

ionenergy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am
Hi,

i have some cash remaining after all the investments I made. High yield savings has been steadily coming down and it could continue to do so. Where else can I put my money that can safely generate some income that is not related to interest rate?

thanks in advance
Arguably, every investment is somehow directly or indirectly related to "interest rate" so I am not sure what you are looking for. Can you be more specific? What is your time horizon? Are you in a high tax bracket? I can't tell what you are looking for but I might speculate that I-bonds may be a good option for you but there are a multitude of options depending on your risk tolerance.

RickBoglehead

Re: where to park money

Post by RickBoglehead » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 am

ionenergy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am
Hi,

thanks in advance
Nothing like that exists to my knowledge. If you want income, it's either related to interest rates or to the stock market. Get a No Penalty CD at Ally, 2.2% for 11 months last I looked, $25,000+ investment. Break it any time after 6 days.
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.