FYI - Flaw in new Medicare D Cost Comparsison Tool

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
dowse

FYI - Flaw in new Medicare D Cost Comparsison Tool

Post by dowse » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 am

Just ran into this article, which should be of interest to many BH'ers here. apparently, a new tool being released in advance of the upcoming open enrollment period lacks total cost comparisons that have been part of the tool in the past. The action here would be to wait until this gets fixed before making a decision on a prescription plan for next year unless you want to do the math yourself.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/ ... ntentQuery

Stinky

Re: FYI - Flaw in new Medicare D Cost Comparsison Tool

Post by Stinky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 am

Thank you for the link.

I was just on the Medicare D site trying to input DW's drug information became eligible for Plan D in October, and found the site to be really clunky and non-intuitive.

Now I know that it wasn't just me. :oops:
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

cheese_breath

Re: FYI - Flaw in new Medicare D Cost Comparsison Tool

Post by cheese_breath » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 pm

And that may not be all....

From a Medicare related newsletter I occasionally receive....

"You cannot create an "anonymous" saved list of prescriptions any longer. It will be tied to your Medicare number on mymedicare.gov, unless you specifically, intentionally specify that you are not going to save the data."

"The website's output is notably worse than in the past. It no longer includes the cost of premiums when calculating your drug cost. This is non-sensical: the entire objective is to lower your overall financial costs, which must include the premium."

If it ain't broke, break it.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.