Bond Fund question..

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Post Reply
Topic Author
jw11
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 pm
Location: Illinois

Bond Fund question..

Post by jw11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 pm

I currently have a 40% of my retirement money in a Fidelity IRA... with the other 60% in my company 401k.
I'm almost 60 years old.

Is there a Fidelity bond fund that is similar to the Vanguard Total Bond Fund ?

Thanks in advance.
jw11

Always passive
Posts: 392
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 am
Location: Israel

Re: Bond Fund question..

Post by Always passive » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 pm


User avatar
Mountain Doc
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Location: Life Elevated

Re: Bond Fund question..

Post by Mountain Doc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 am

The comparable bond fund is the Fidelity US Bond Index Fund.

Fidelity Total Bond is an active fund with a much higher ER.

User avatar
MN-Investor
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am
Location: Twin Cities

Re: Bond Fund question..

Post by MN-Investor » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:25 am

You could always buy a Vanguard bond ETF.

In my Fidelity taxable account I own Vanguard's Short-Term Bond ETF (BSV).

I own Vanguard's Total Bond Market ETF (BND) in my TDAmeritrade IRA.
The key to success - Save early, save often, invest well.

Post Reply