Healthy fast food

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
yeahman

Re: Healthy fast food

Post by yeahman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm

We found the food snobs.

I only eat free-range eggs, fair trade coffee, and locally-sourced vegetables from the farmer's market that I bike to on Sundays after SoulCycle. I'm trying to cut out the coffee because everyone knows it's not good for you. It messes with your body's natural rhythm. Gluten is classified as a poison according to the People's Center for Holistic Well-Being - Brooklyn Chapter. The rest isn't even food, it's all chemicals pushed on us by Big Farma. We didn't have mass shootings before the invention of artificial sweeteners. Noah lived to 950 because he couldn't eat the animals on his ark and had to subsist on wild fish high in Omega-3 and the hydroponic garden he had on board.

rj342

Post by rj342 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:40 pm

AAA wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 am
Turbo29 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 pm
As was previously mentioned, look at Asia. If it is toxic, where are the bodies in the streets?
If Asians eat a lot of MSG and are overall healthier than Americans, it's not logical to conclude that MSG is okay to eat. It could just mean that their overall diet is much healthier than Americans so the effect of MSG is not as obvious.
One factoid I find interesting is how we are constantly told to avoid the 'white' simple starches, yet East Asians still have a pretty large component of their diets as polished white rice.

I wonder if part of it is that they are simply better adapted to rice than norther Europeans are to wheat because they were several rice a few thousand years before we ate wheat (wheat didn't make it to northern Europe until the Romans brought it). The Paleo diet notion that we haven't really changed in 100k years is wrong, as well as the notion that there have been no changes more than skin deep. See greg Cochranes The 10,000 Year Explosion for what genetics is telling us.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I removed a post making medical claims regarding a food additive. Additionally, several posts are discussing the health benefits of certain diets. This thread has run its course and is locked (medical advice). See: Medical Issues
Questions on medical issues are beyond the scope of the forum. If you are looking for medical information online, I suggest you start with the Medical Library Association's User's Guide to Finding and Evaluating Health Information on the Web which, in addition to providing guidance on evaluating health information, includes a list of their top recommended sites.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.