No more print Money magazine

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
krafty81

Re: No more print Money magazine

Post by krafty81 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Let's talk about more important publications that will no longer be published - like Mad Magazine!

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Already done. See: No more print Mad magazine
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

nedsaid

Post by nedsaid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I got my card in the mail yesterday that the remainder of my Money subscription will be filled out by Kiplinger. That is okay with me, I have enjoyed reading Kiplinger magazines as well though I don't remember if I ever subscribed. I have bought Kiplinger magazines off the rack.
A fool and his money are good for business.

CrossOverGuy

Post by CrossOverGuy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:04 pm

I recently was re-credited with airline miles after I had just a weeks before used some for another year of Money magazine. I see that Kiplinger's on-line has articles that are similar so I might at some point try the print edition. They were offering 12 issues for $12 recently, and it's possible, since they know Money was a competitor, have some other deals out there since they know other financial magazines have disappeared over the years.

Linked is an article about Kiplinger's still going strong, with a shout-out to Money Magazine.

[url][/https://www.kiplinger.com/article/savin ... trong.html]

meebers

Post by meebers » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 pm

RE: previous post. Well I did not get my refund as promised in 2-3 weeks. Called the Phone #, just rang busy, no reply via email either. I had just renewed Money and Kiplinger for 3 years each, now Kiplinger said they were extending and did so until 2015. :annoyed I still want my refund for Money $30/3yr and will resubscribe to Kiplinger in 3 yr if I want to.

topper1296

Post by topper1296 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 am

meebers wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 pm
RE: previous post. Well I did not get my refund as promised in 2-3 weeks. Called the Phone #, just rang busy, no reply via email either. I had just renewed Money and Kiplinger for 3 years each, now Kiplinger said they were extending and did so until 2015. :annoyed I still want my refund for Money $30/3yr and will resubscribe to Kiplinger in 3 yr if I want to.
I called on Jun 4 for a refund and I haven't received anything either. :annoyed

The good news for me is that my subscription ended in Dec, so I wasn't expecting much.

krafty81

Post by krafty81 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Looked at the website. Pretty bad.

Gnirk

Post by Gnirk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

We have nearly 2 1/2 years left on our Money subscription. I've emailed them and heard nothing back. If they don't refund my $$ isn't that theft?
Didn't care for their on-line articles at all.

gunn_show

Post by gunn_show » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Go Blue 99 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:21 pm
I still subscribe ($2 per yr) though I don’t find it highly useful for new finance knowledge. I really enjoyed the family finance profiles where they listed income, debts,and an action plan. But it seems they phased out that feature awhile back.

Call me old-fashioned but I’ll be sad when print magazines eventually go extinct.
similar reasons for still subscribing (along with a super cheap 3 year rate), gave me something to read at the pool or on work flights

read the new kiplingers today... junk ... bummed at the swap ... will eat the rest of the year and not renew.. RIP MONEY - they had some really good writers and editors
"The best life hack of all is to just put the work in and never give up." Bas Rutten