MassMutual for Term Life ?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
armeliusc

MassMutual for Term Life ?

Post by armeliusc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has MassaMutual term life insurance and can share their experience with the company. I am interested in getting their 25 year term, but the agent I got from Term4Sale is suggesting Pacific Life instead, and telling me how un-competitive is MassMutual with their underwriting, that they will hound me for Whole Life in a few years, etc. etc.

I supposed I don't really have very good reason for wanting MassMutual rather than their AM rating and just some 'gut feeling' that they seem solid. But I have to wonder why the agent seems to really want to get me to use other company rather just going with what I wanted.

Another thing I am interested in is the logistic of paying / customer service. I have TIAA term and everything is very easy from their website: set a credit card to be charged automatically, email reminder, change address, etc. In contrast, we have term life with Midland National for for DW, it is always a hassle of mailing in a check, changing address was a pain, etc.

Thanks for any comment.

Nate79

Re: MassMutual for Term Life ?

Post by Nate79 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 am

I would use the cheapest company that you found on term4sale or can also check with Zander. No way would I pay extra to someone like Mass Mutual for something that is basically a commodity today which is term life insurance.

Stinky

Re: MassMutual for Term Life ?

Post by Stinky » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am

Yes, Mass Mutual is a solid company. But they don't specialize in term insurance, and are unlikely to have the best price.

If I were you, I'd go to an insurance quote service like zander.com or term4sale.com, and pick the company based on price. Also, there aren't a lot of companies that write 25 year term insurance - you might have a greater selection if you look at 20 or 30 year term.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt