New credit card to replace expiring card never received, what to do?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Ricchan

New credit card to replace expiring card never received, what to do?

Post by Ricchan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Citi sent a letter over a month ago saying they were going to send a new credit card to replace an expiring credit card. I have not received the new card, and my current card expires next month. My main concern is about what happened to the new card they supposedly sent out.

Should I assume they mailed it out and it got lost in the mail, or is it possible they have not mailed it out yet? If I assume it got lost in the mail, should I ask them for a completely new replacement card with a new CC number?

I called Citi, but their automated system only had the choice to report a stolen card, not any way to query the status of a replacement for an expiring card, nor what to do about a suspected card lost in the mail. I could not find out how to get a hold of a live person.
Last edited by Ricchan on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New credit card to replace expiring card never received, what to do?

Post by 123 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Call Citi and ask them about the card. Tell them you never got the card they said they were mailing to you. They will know what to do. You are not the first person in this situation.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:42 pm

When you call just hit 0 or say representative until someone live answers. You can also just chat with them on the website/in the app.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Citi card sent the letter to us way way too early. The new card was not sent until many weeks later. The new card arrived in plenty of time. But you don't have to follow their rules on phone tag. If you click through to "stolen card" you will very likely get to a real person. If they don't want to talk to you, then they will connect you to someone who will talk to you. In other words, never be intimidated by a machine or computer.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Topic Author
Ricchan

Post by Ricchan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. I started an online chat session with my question and am now waiting for someone to respond. In the meantime, I guess I can wait until the end of the month gets closer before I start worrying.

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 pm

I received my new Citi card July 1 to replace the card expiring July 31.

Citi sent an email very early saying they would be mailing a new card. They sent another email saying the card was actually mailed about a week before it was delivered.