Sandals with arch support

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
pablolo

Sandals with arch support

Post by pablolo »

I have very high arched feet and triple e width and I'm trying to find out if anybody sells sandals that will provide some type of support and comfort
JBTX

Re: Sandals with arch support

Post by JBTX »

Vionics. You can find them on Amazon. I have two pair of Vionics sandals and a pair of casual loafer style shoe I use for work. Very helpful in treating the Plantar Fasciitis I developed.

Vionic Men's Tide Toe-Post Sandal - Flip Flop with Concealed Orthotic Arch Support Brown 11 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3IXT5I/re ... jDbTJW15BP
autolycus

Post by autolycus »

Have you tried Keen or Chaco?
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

It is trivial to use a high-arch shoe insert or insole with a sandal. I am wearing sandals at the moment with a high arch appliance. The extra arch stays put because my foot keeps it in place. I move the insert to my shoes when I am wearing my shoes.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

Spenco has a wide variety of shoes and sandals with arch support.

https://www.spencofootwear.com/category.aspx?catid=273
cresive

Post by cresive »

I have been using Olukai flip flops. They are great, but a bit expensive. However, I will also look at the other brands posted by previous responders. Sounds like this is more common a problem than I realized.
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

I had good luck with the Teva brand.

Tried to go cheaper after the Teva's fell apart (5-years). Stay away from the Reef brand.
Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 »

Birkenstocks. They are all I wear in the summer. I don't care if people think I'm a hippie. They form to your feet. Very comfortable.
delamer

Post by delamer »

Try Naot or Romika.

Both have worked well with my plantar fasciitis.
Last edited by delamer on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

My son wears orthotics, and when we wanted to get him sandals that wouldn't cause him to lose the progress he made, we got him fitted for ABEO sandals. They have a variety of setups with pseudo-orthotics built in, and we were able to find one that was close enough to his custom-fitted ones that he could wear them comfortably. He had no issues walking 10+ miles in a day on our vacations in them.
Bogle7

Post by Bogle7 »

Mephisto.
I love my Sharks. https://www.mephisto.com/us/shark-1372366.html
I have had them since 1994. When they need rebuilding back to "like new", I can have that done for $160 as I had my Dribblers rebuilt.
Last edited by Bogle7 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old fart who does three index stock funds, baby.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

runner3081 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm I had good luck with the Teva brand.
+1 My original Teva's are 25 years old. I did buy another less heavy pair about five years back. Both still get worn.
bernoulli

Post by bernoulli »

I like Crocs, they are light and versatile.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

JBTX wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm Vionics. You can find them on Amazon. I have two pair of Vionics sandals and a pair of casual loafer style shoe I use for work. Very helpful in treating the Plantar Fasciitis I developed.

Vionic Men's Tide Toe-Post Sandal - Flip Flop with Concealed Orthotic Arch Support Brown 11 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T3IXT5I/re ... jDbTJW15BP
Bionic reallyhas great arch support. A little intrusive for me in fact. I have one pair which are too fancy for every day.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

lazydavid wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:07 pm My son wears orthotics, and when we wanted to get him sandals that wouldn't cause him to lose the progress he made, we got him fitted for ABEO sandals. They have a variety of setups with pseudo-orthotics built in, and we were able to find one that was close enough to his custom-fitted ones that he could wear them comfortably. He had no issues walking 10+ miles in a day on our vacations in them.
Sounds great!
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

Dottie57 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:55 pm
JBTX wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm Vionics. You can find them on Amazon. I have two pair of Vionics sandals and a pair of casual loafer style shoe I use for work. Very helpful in treating the Plantar Fasciitis I developed.

Bionic reallyhas great arch support. A little intrusive for me in fact. I have one pair which are too fancy for every day.
You have to get used to it. Feels strange at first. But now it feels normal, and flat shoes feel weird. I wear either my vionics or occasionally running stype shoes with orthopedic insole almost 100% of the time.
mrb09

Post by mrb09 »

+++1

I have flat feet with a semi-custom insole in my lace-up shoes, but I love my Vionic's just the way they are. They don't make my model any more, but I think it corresponds to their new Leo model. I also have a pair of Chaco's (has no leather, use them around water), but the arch support is not as good.
MJS

Post by MJS »

lazydavid wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:07 pm ..., we got him fitted for ABEO sandals. They have a variety of setups with pseudo-orthotics built in, and we were able to find one that was close enough to his custom-fitted ones that he could wear them comfortably.
With EEE width, look at ABEO. Most sandals have a limited selection of widths.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Bacon F.
missliss

Post by missliss »

After a long search I found that Merrells work for me. The arch support is sufficient that I can walk all day without pain. Pricey, but well worth it. I've worn the same pair for 3 years now.
Topic Author
pablolo

Post by pablolo »

Wow .lot of wonderful responses. None of my toes touch the ground. The tips of my shoes would turn up .when I was a teenager the podiatrist attached electric impule stimulators to my toes. That was a long time ago maybe this information to will help my followers. Thank you
DesertDiva

Post by DesertDiva »

pablolo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 am I have very high arched feet and triple e width and I'm trying to find out if anybody sells sandals that will provide some type of support and comfort
OP, just came across this article and I thought of your post:
https://www.travelandleisure.com/style/ ... ns-sandals
hudson

Post by hudson »

I need to wear orthotics so I use Merrill low cut hiking boots with orthotics in. https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens-Moa ... th=1&psc=1

I use cord-locks on the laces so I don't have to tie them. I cut of the excess laces...tie a knot in the end and push them under the other laces.
I loosen the laces so that I can just slip them on...no hands. I don't have to tighten them unless I actually go hiking.

I use these sandals without orthotics around the house: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9 ... UTF8&psc=1
GT99

Post by GT99 »

I also need good arch support. I've don't wear sandals nearly as much as I used to, but rather than buy expensive sandals to fit my foot, all I did was buy silicon arch supports with adhesive (I actually added gorilla glue to make sure they stayed put =) and attached them to my sandals. Search for "silicon arch support" on Amazon and you'll see tons of options.

Regarding Abeo, I haven't tried their sandals, but their sneakers were one of the worst pair of shoes of any type I've bought in my life. Despite their custom inserts, I had to buy 3rd party inserts (Protalus works great for me) and replace their custom ones because they weren't effective, and they fell apart quickly - very shoddy construction.
drawpoker

Post by drawpoker »

Orthaheel brand from QVC. Am still wearing same pair after 4 years, they are not only super comfortable but virtually indestructible. Arch is very well-designed and constructed.

QVC also offers another brand, can't remember the name, similar to Orthaheel, regular price is around $70, but they put them on sale frequently for around $55.
jmk

Post by jmk »

I find Ecco sandals have great arch support.

Post by 5532 »

+1 for Keen, my feet are similar to OP's and I live in my Keen Newport sandals (including 5+ mile walk/hikes). Suggest local REI or Zappo's online.
Topic Author
pablolo

Post by pablolo »

Because I have 4E width my searches were limited. The only foot wear I can use is New balance 893 EE sneaker. I have worn them for years for work walking and hiking 24/7. I ended up ordering a new balance sandals today I will let you know how it is. Thank everybody so much
delamer

Post by delamer »

One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
oldzey

Post by oldzey »

Birkenstock Arizona is what I would start with.
"The broker said the stock was 'poised to move.' Silly me, I thought he meant up." ― Randy Thurman
ROIGuy

Post by ROIGuy »

Reef sandals were recommended (walking around and the beach) by my podiatrist because of my plantar fasciitis..they work great...good arch support
Kennedy

Post by Kennedy »

Vionic brand sandals cleared up my plantar fasciitis when PT, rest and the various contraptions the podiatrist and foot and ankle surgeon suggested failed.

I can't wear anything else without that horrid pain returning.

They are sold on QVC as well as some department stores.