Ordering custom t-shirts (for a team)

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Colorado13

Ordering custom t-shirts (for a team)

Post by Colorado13 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 am

Has anyone designed and ordered custom t-shirts online? There are many websites that print t-shirts; I don't know which one to use. I need to design ~10 team t-shirts (all one design) and welcome advice from anyone who has done this. Thanks!

Nestegg_User

Re: Ordering custom t-shirts (for a team)

Post by Nestegg_User » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am

local may be better... likely more control over what you get. For only ten shirts, the setup and shipping wouldn't make on-line any cheaper
(disclaimer: I haven't done any shirts online)

bubbadog

Post by bubbadog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:00 pm

I used Custom Ink a while ago.

Designed the shirts on their website and had no problems.

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

In my experience, t-shirts from printing companies online are very thin and cheaply made. I always go down to my local print shop which carries a wide variety of shirts from cheap to well made name brands. Pricing of course varies depending on amount and complexity of the design.

CAsage

Post by CAsage » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Check with any of your local baseball or soccer team organizations, or school/PTA. Every club I've ever seen orders tons of shirts, either for teams or grade school field trips or High School Spirit events, and they will know who in your community can do this fast and fair. Most can work with your design, but keep in mind silk screening color limitations (as in, fewer is better). And then, you can stock your paint rag box with all the old ones....
Salvia Clevelandii "Winifred Gilman" my favorite. YMMV; not a professional advisor.

Topic Author
Colorado13

Post by Colorado13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 am

Thank you for the suggestions. I will do additional research.