Gillette Fusion razors

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
joe8d

Re: Gillette Fusion razors

Post by joe8d » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Always go with the newest Gillette razor.The" Skin Sensitive "will be next.
All the Best, | Joe

Topic Author
ThankYouJack

Post by ThankYouJack » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:06 pm

I didn't shave for 3 days and compared the Fusion and Mach 3 side by side. Both were comfortable and didn't pull or cut. But the 3 day stubble is where I feel the Fusion had the biggest advantage as the Mach 3 seemed to miss more spots. I'm going to stick with the Fusion but found both worked very well. Now for next thread - which shaving cream? :)

TimeRunner

Post by TimeRunner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm

ThankYouJack wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:06 pm
I didn't shave for 3 days and compared the Fusion and Mach 3 side by side. Both were comfortable and didn't pull or cut. But the 3 day stubble is where I feel the Fusion had the biggest advantage as the Mach 3 seemed to miss more spots. I'm going to stick with the Fusion but found both worked very well. Now for next thread - which shaving cream? :)
Cremo, sage/citrus. :P But I need to ask, is three days no-shave your typical use case? If you shave daily or every other, do that comparison, and toss in cost/benefit unless you don't care about that, which is difficult to believe given you hang out here at BH (BH<>Beverly Hills).
Man assumes more intelligence than dolphins because he achieves so much, while dolphins just have a good time. Dolphins believe they're more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reason. (HGG)

yeahman

Post by yeahman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 am

mancich wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:51 am
I like Harry's. Reasonable cost and close shave. I am a fast shaver, and I'm not sure how forgiving a DE razor is for someone who rushes through their shaves; anyone have any insight on that?
It's just not possible to shave as fast without cutting yourself. Maybe people have leather skin or they've forgotten how fast shaving with a cartridge is. Even bladeheads will acknowledge that it takes longer.

yeahman

Post by yeahman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am

ThankYouJack wrote:
Now for next thread - which shaving cream? :)
Best: Taylor of Old Bond St.
Cheapest: Facial soap
Best buy: Proraso

Applied with a Parker badger hair brush. If it's a tube, I just apply directly onto the wet brush.

Topic Author
ThankYouJack

Post by ThankYouJack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:31 pm

TimeRunner wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm
ThankYouJack wrote:
Cremo, sage/citrus. :P But I need to ask, is three days no-shave your typical use case? If you shave daily or every other, do that comparison, and toss in cost/benefit unless you don't care about that, which is difficult to believe given you hang out here at BH (BH<>Beverly Hills).
I usually go every other or sometimes I'll grow a quick beard out. Shaving that down can be painful with a cheap razor, that's where I think the Fusion shines.

RRJeff

Post by RRJeff » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 pm

StevieG72 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:50 am
I shave my head regularly, so I have been through some razors.

Tried the Head Blade, was not impressed. It is too small also cut my head a few times with this device.

Have settled in to the Gillette Fusion razors, bought a refill pack from Sam's that was expensive but should last awhile. The Fusion razors work well, rarely cut myself with them. So far I have not found a comparable shave to the Fusion to include quality of shave, ease of use, safety etc.

Ok, so just saw this and I must admit it is a bit over the top! When will it end?

https://ondemand.gillette.com/en-us/sho ... lsrc=aw.ds
I shave my head also, and Fusion is the best I’ve used. While expensive, I find that I can use the same cartridge for over a year shaving my head twice a week with no loss of comfort or closeness. I use dual blade safety razors for my face except when traveling (easier to travel with a cartridge).

peetsperk

Post by peetsperk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 pm

I don't buy Gillette products. Better options available.