Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
hale2

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by hale2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm

One of the things I always liked with the previous Fidelity Full View is that I could keep track of all of my credit card charges and balances. This was extremely helpful during credit card churning. The new system doesn't work nearly as well for that. Is there another brokerage that has a system similar to the prior Full View?

Beck49

Post by Beck49 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:02 pm

hale2 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm
One of the things I always liked with the previous Fidelity Full View is that I could keep track of all of my credit card charges and balances. This was extremely helpful during credit card churning. The new system doesn't work nearly as well for that. Is there another brokerage that has a system similar to the prior Full View?
I've struggled with the new version as well. It's clunky, but I found you can track credit card purchases, though as of now I only get them back through May. Go to Accounts. Select the credit card from the list. When the CC page comes up, go to the bottom and click on Spending Transactions. Then set the Date range to whatever you want. Naturally, you aren't done. No matter what I choose it only lists 30 days. But you can export the results to an excel file, and that file will include the full date range. For me it went back to May 2018. Good luck.

tooluser

Post by tooluser » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 pm

I just tried this today. (My employer recently forced everyone to a 401k at Fidelity). It still has problems, won't login to my Vanguard account, yet has no problem everywhere else. The only help available is by phone. I'd much rather have a secure e-mail.
"Budget: A mathematical confirmation of your suspicions” is a jocular quotation that was credited to A. A. Lattimer in 1949. Nothing else is known about the author besides this quotation.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 pm

To be honest, I gave up on Full View. They lost over 2 years worth of transactions and several other issues mentioned above. I'm back with Quicken 2017 (no subscription) and I'll make a decision next year if I want to pay the annual fee for Quicken.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

heritage972

Fidelity Full View

Post by heritage972 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Full View has been so bad for years that Fidelity has sent out emails apologizing. Among the latest problems is their 'algorithm" for calculating net worth. Full View lists my Investments and Cash Equivalents but reports my Net Worth by subtracting my 529 Plan value (specifically Investments + Cash Equivalents - 529 Plan). The Private Client Group tries to contact the Full View group but seems to receive a stock answer 'we are working on it'. Fidelity is the top investment house (in my opinion) and it is a wonder that they put up with the Full View clowns for some many years.
I finally removed all types of accounts to simplify the calculations but this did not help Full View.
Another irritation is that Full View is always significantly behind the Portfolio summary until Saturday when it essentially catches up and the two agree fairly closely (except for the silly Net Worth calculation)
:annoyed

inbox788

Re: Fidelity Full View

Post by inbox788 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 am

heritage972 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 pm
Full View has been so bad for years that Fidelity has sent out emails apologizing. Among the latest problems is their 'algorithm" for calculating net worth. Full View lists my Investments and Cash Equivalents but reports my Net Worth by subtracting my 529 Plan value (specifically Investments + Cash Equivalents - 529 Plan). The Private Client Group tries to contact the Full View group but seems to receive a stock answer 'we are working on it'. Fidelity is the top investment house (in my opinion) and it is a wonder that they put up with the Full View clowns for some many years.
I finally removed all types of accounts to simplify the calculations but this did not help Full View.
Another irritation is that Full View is always significantly behind the Portfolio summary until Saturday when it essentially catches up and the two agree fairly closely (except for the silly Net Worth calculation)
:annoyed
They just got new clowns recently so it's a different circus.

The old Full View folks are probably playing ping pong blame with the new eMoney characters.

I suspect they're prioritizing their business clients over retail direct ones. They don't want to lose paying business, and they probably don't think or care or are counting on the retail business they lose. They certainly are losing some, but it's harder to directly attribute to the product, but if Full View is or is not a factor in your business relationship with Fidelity, do let them know so they can improve.

https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidelity ... ey-advisor

https://clearingcustody.fidelity.com/ap ... tions.html

FWIW, I have up on Full View and won't be moving money to Fidelity because of it. If things improve a lot, I may take another look.