[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
cheese_breath

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by cheese_breath » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:44 pm

I spend most of my time in DW's room at the nursing home and let her control which programs we watch. So it's a lot of Housewives of (insert city name), Say Yes to the Dress, and Dr. Pimple Popper.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.

BigFoot48

Post by BigFoot48 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 am

American Vandal on Netflix is very funny and well-done.
Retired | Two-time in top-10 in Bogleheads S&P500 contest; 13-time loser

Good Listener

Re: Personal favorite TV/cable series

Post by Good Listener » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Go Blue 99 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 pm
Good Listener wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:48 pm
I just started binging Banshee from Cinemax. I've binged most of the other known famous ones over the last 2 years since retiring. Banshee is very brutal in some parts and has a bit too much sex for my taste. But if you like MMA type fighting (although it is not actual fighting in the ring but often to settle issues) the star has an interesting moral sense of right and wrong and uses fighting to often resolve it. I also just watched Billions and found that quite good
I also loved Banshee, though pretty much nobody has heard of it. The creator of Banshee has a new show coming out on Cinemax called Warrior.

https://www.cinemax.com/warrior
Thanks !!

4nwestsaylng

Post by 4nwestsaylng » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:06 am

Jesse Stone,starring Tom Selleck. These came out a few years ago, I note that they are rerunning now on GetTV Comcast channel 325, Sundays 4-7pm.
Well written, Selleck is excellent, on location in New England with great supporting cast and mood music. I had seen tonight's episode before and enjoyed watching it again.

4nwestsaylng

Re: Personal favorite TV/cable series

Post by 4nwestsaylng » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:13 am

delete

cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 am

4nwestsaylng wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:06 am
Jesse Stone,starring Tom Selleck. These came out a few years ago, I note that they are rerunning now on GetTV Comcast channel 325, Sundays 4-7pm.
Well written, Selleck is excellent, on location in New England with great supporting cast and mood music. I had seen tonight's episode before and enjoyed watching it again.
+1 I have all the Jesse Stone movies on DVD although I haven't been able to watch them for awhile.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.

BrooklynInvest

Post by BrooklynInvest » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 am

Bodyguard: The BBC series on Netflix - really good

Russian Doll - hmmm. Gonna see if to gets better

Sopranos: Wife's never seen so we're going through the series. Like a fine wine . .

sixtyforty

Re: Netflix, Your Current Favorite Show

Post by sixtyforty » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Moolala wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am
MJW wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 pm
mancich wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:00 am
I like to watch Frasier and Cheers while I workout in our basement gym. The writing never fails to make me laugh :D
My spouse and I are slowly making our way back through Frasier. I was surprised by how many of my best memories from the show came from Season One.
Frasier is the best! I've watched it at least thee times but it still entertains. I wish there were something (beyond Cheers, which I do also love!) that was similar in comedic style and equally available on Netflix/Amazon Prime.
Agree on Frasier. We are on our 4th go around watching it. It never gets old.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

MP173

Post by MP173 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:06 pm

True Detective, Season 3, ep 7 last night.

Very good. Setting up quite a finale.

Also The AO.

Ed

4nwestsaylng

Post by 4nwestsaylng » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:21 pm

sixtyforty wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:06 pm
Moolala wrote:
MJW wrote:
mancich wrote:
I like to watch Frasier and Cheers while I workout in our basement gym. The writing never fails to make me laugh :D
My spouse and I are slowly making our way back through Frasier. I was surprised by how many of my best memories from the show came from Season One.
Frasier is the best! I've watched it at least thee times but it still entertains. I wish there were something (beyond Cheers, which I do also love!) that was similar in comedic style and equally available on Netflix/Amazon Prime.
Also agree on Frasier. Again a previous generation of writers who knew how to develop character, humor, pathos, without the need for a PC lesson every line. Same with Seinfeld, great writing and delivery. By comparison, shows like "Modern Family" are totally unrealistic and just one-liners with a laugh track, but ohso "woke".Just tiresome.

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:20 am

4nwestsaylng wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:21 pm
sixtyforty wrote:
Moolala wrote:
MJW wrote:
mancich wrote:
Also agree on Frasier. Again a previous generation of writers who knew how to develop character, humor, pathos, without the need for a PC lesson every line. Same with Seinfeld, great writing and delivery. By comparison, shows like "Modern Family" are totally unrealistic and just one-liners with a laugh track, but ohso "woke".Just tiresome.
Young Sheldon.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

bearcub

Post by bearcub » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:58 am

Really like this new FBI show. Lot of popular actors in it also.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 am

hoops777 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:20 am
4nwestsaylng wrote:
sixtyforty wrote:
Moolala wrote:
MJW wrote:

Young Sheldon.
Oh, nooooo!

We LOVE Big Bang Theory, and especially the cleverness of the earlier seasons.
We'll watch reruns, and laugh and laugh, and then laugh at *ourselves* for laughing at the same old, same old. But it was done so well (the show, not "us"!).

But "Young Sheldon"? Obnoxious kid.
Yes, yes, I know.... Sheldon is obnoxious as an adult, too :D
Somehow, that's very different, or how it is done is...

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

barreg

Post by barreg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:50 am

Currently watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix and it's pretty good. Kind of a combination superhero/mystery series.

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:26 am

We finally watched some Hawaii Five-O last night. It’s because my husband used to watch this show when he was younger.

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:36 am

ResearchMed wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 am
hoops777 wrote:
4nwestsaylng wrote:
sixtyforty wrote:
Moolala wrote:

Young Sheldon.
Oh, nooooo!

We'll watch reruns, and laugh and laugh, and then laugh at *ourselves* for laughing at the same old, same old. But it was done so well (the show, not "us"!).

RM
I respectfully disagree about Sheldon.The kid does a great job and he seems exactly as you would picture Sheldon as a kid.It ain’t rocket science :D

goblue100

Post by goblue100 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 am

Binged watched Numbers on H and I network. Somehow I missed this smart show when it was on.
Financial planners are savers. They want us to be 95 percent confident we can finance a 30-year retirement even though there is an 82 percent probability of being dead by then. - Scott Burns

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 pm

ResearchMed wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 am
hoops777 wrote:
4nwestsaylng wrote:
sixtyforty wrote:
Moolala wrote:

Young Sheldon.
Oh, nooooo!

RM
As an actual scientist with an autism spectrum disorder, I have very strong feelings about how unoriginal and unclever Big Bang Theory is.

mak1277

Post by mak1277 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:49 pm

stoptothink wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 pm

As an actual scientist with an autism spectrum disorder, I have very strong feelings about how unoriginal and unclever Big Bang Theory is.
I'm neither of these, but I also find the popularity of this show to be confounding. I've watched 3 or 4 episodes and find the show to be awful.

Dantes

Post by Dantes » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Via a BritBox subscription: the original episodes of Dr. Who, from the 1960's. I was surprised at how good the vey first episodes were. My previous exposure was with the Tom Baker episodes broadcast in the US in the early eighties.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm

The 100, on Netflix. A sci-fi action drama. My initial impression - is this going to be yet another space opera? Nope. After watching the 1st episode, it got a little interesting. Watching a few more, I'm hooked. Just when you think everything is going good, an unexpected plot twist steps in the way. I like the creativity.

I'm midway through the first season. Four-1/2 seasons to go.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Dantes

Post by Dantes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:00 am

barreg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:50 am
Currently watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix and it's pretty good. Kind of a combination superhero/mystery series.
I watched the first two episodes last night and like it a lot. I really liked the selection and use of music, something I don't normally think much about on this sort of show.

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:22 am

LadyGeek wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm
The 100, on Netflix. A sci-fi action drama. My initial impression - is this going to be yet another space opera? Nope. After watching the 1st episode, it got a little interesting. Watching a few more, I'm hooked. Just when you think everything is going good, an unexpected plot twist steps in the way. I like the creativity.

I'm midway through the first season. Four-1/2 seasons to go.
I will tell you that show goes on a lot of different journeys that you would never imagine at the beginning.

rh00p

Post by rh00p » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:10 pm

By sheer luck stumbled upon The Story Of God on Nat Geo and ended up binge watching the last episodes. Beautifully done. Excellent cinematography and narration. Can't wait for the new episodes next month.
Preparing for the worst. Hoping for the best.

htdrag11

Post by htdrag11 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:58 pm

Finished 2 series in 2 weeks.
Korean drama Stranger/Secrets of Forest by Bae Doona is an intelligent and fast paced crime/corruption series featuring a prosecutor and a female cop in a male dominant profession. It's one of the best I've seen in this genre. Season 2 starts later in the year.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6461346/?r ... flmg_act_7
The other one is a sci-fi/mystery from Germany, Dark with 10 episodes. Season 2 is suppose to be released in June. If you think that Westworld and The Man in the High Castle blew your mind, this one spans 3 timelines and multiple characters in various stage of their lives. Each action has consequences and reverberation.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/?ref_=rvi_tt

4nwestsaylng

Post by 4nwestsaylng » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 pm

goblue100 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 am
Binged watched Numbers on H and I network. Somehow I missed this smart show when it was on.
I like Numbers also. Strong character cast with Rob Morrow (the doctor from Northern Exposure),his "brother" the genius, and Judd Hirsch from "Taxi".
I like the way they show the classroom where the brother works, lots of wood and filtered sunlight, as you would expect to see likely at CalTech, which I think is where he is assumed to be working.

H and I channel has done pretty well in showing some of the old series.

As far as Hawaii Five 0, it is ok but actually I preferred the older version, which used primarily Hawaiian supporting actors rather than trying to fill a generic "diversity" pallete that you would use for a mainland show.

The new "Magnum-PI" I have tried to like, but it is boring, the supporting characters empty, the idea of a saucy female "Higgins" is very PC but doesn't work, and there is not the byplay that Selleck had with cast members. It has a Ferrari and the old theme song, that doesn't salvage it.

50/50

Re: What Movie Have You Recently Watched?

Post by 50/50 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 pm

[Posts merged into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

Deleted
Last edited by 50/50 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Started "The Looming Tower" on Hulu. Very good so far.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Also started the most recent season of "Orange Is The New Black" on Netflix. I read that there will be one more season (to be released this summer) to end the series.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm

I moved 50/50's and abuss368's posts into the TV show thread (this one), which is for streaming series.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

KSOC

Post by KSOC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 pm

The Widow - Amazon Prime Starring Kate Beckinsale. Awesome. Full of twists & turns. Could not stop watching.
Too soon old, too late smart.

bengal22

Post by bengal22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Discovered The Americans. Currently season 2, episode 10. Neat how they believe in their mission but they also enjoy their American lifestyle. They look like normal middle class folk but they are KGB agents who occasionally execute bad guys.
"Earn All You Can; Give All You Can; Save All You Can." .... John Wesley

LawEgr1

Post by LawEgr1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 pm

There are only two shows recently that I was legitimately sad about r unning out of seasons. These two caught us completely by surprise.

PEAKY (bleep) BLINDERS - It sounds generic, but it's about UK Gang and general rackateering folks named the Peaky Blinders. It's funny, sad, and straight up awesome. Fantastic soundtrack and acting.

And one that we caught on a whim, and immediately fell in love with -

Killing Eve (on HULU) - Classic cat n'mouse international espionage with one of my favorite female leads I've seen with surprising and sometimes funny twists. It's awfully witty, we can't wait to see season 2 soon.
Last edited by LawEgr1 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elric

Post by Elric » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Vikings, as others have posted. Favorite though, is Berlin Station. It is EXCELLENT!!!

Others include Billions, of course (coming back this month!), Mr. Robot, Black Mirror, and Mayans.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Elric wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Vikings, as others have posted. Favorite though, is Berlin Station. It is EXCELLENT!!!

Others include Billions, of course (coming back this month!), Mr. Robot, Black Mirror, and Mayans.
Billions starts again tomorrow night. We just re-watched the last few episodes of the last season as a refresher.

RM

Emilyjane

Post by Emilyjane » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 pm

We are enjoying “The Kominsky Method” on Netflix. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin.
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance", Confucius

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 pm

The Good Place, on Netflix.

Bad girl Eleanor wakes up in a version of heaven, realizes she is there by mistake, struggles to cover up the mistake, and tries to become a better person so she will not be found out and sent to the bad place. Stars Kristen Bell as Eleanor. This is very enjoyable, and funny.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

Elsebet

Post by Elsebet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm

I binge watched "Shrill" on Hulu. I like Aidy Bryant on SNL and I thought this show was cute and light enough to just enjoy and not really dig too deep into it. It reminds me a lot of "Master of None" on Netflix and makes me wonder if they were trying to compete there.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:55 pm

It is amazing when you browse this thread that there are almost no shows from the big networks ever mentioned.It is almost like if you watch anything from ABC,CBS,NBC or Fox you are in the same category as an investor who believes the opposite of Bogleheadism.I honestly think the quality of all the Streaming sites original programming is a bit overrated.Some very good and most nothing special.Certainly many are no better than a lot of network programs.The nice thing is no commercials to fast forward and binge watching,but I think the actual quality is not as good as public perception.Just my opinion.
I think the majority of the best shows have been from HBO and Showtime.I predict the final season of Game of Thrones will be superior to even the most critically acclaimed films this year.

Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Blue Bloods. ION channel. All day marathons every Wednesday. Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg are superb.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 pm

hoops777 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:55 pm
It is amazing when you browse this thread that there are almost no shows from the big networks ever mentioned.It is almost like if you watch anything from ABC,CBS,NBC or Fox you are in the same category as an investor who believes the opposite of Bogleheadism.I honestly think the quality of all the Streaming sites original programming is a bit overrated.Some very good and most nothing special.Certainly many are no better than a lot of network programs.The nice thing is no commercials to fast forward and binge watching,but I think the actual quality is not as good as public perception.Just my opinion.
I think the majority of the best shows have been from HBO and Showtime.I predict the final season of Game of Thrones will be superior to even the most critically acclaimed films this year.
You may be right, but there is an awfully lot of good stuff coming out of Great Britain. Perhaps it is also helpful that it is mostly new to us and therefore has a great deal of back-catalog to go through.

Just yesterday I cancelled my DirecTV so it will no longer to be easy to get at the network TV offerings. Since finding all the good streaming offerings (especially the British stuff) I realized network TV shows I once liked were not as good as I remembered. For example Hawaii FIve-O was one of my favorites but it now seems juvenile with lots of flashy action but stupid, repetitive and boring plots. (At least it still has that theme song!)

Also it is quite annoying to have to skip through advertisements. Being able to do that instead of putting up with them was a revelation way back when I got a Tivo. I took it for granted when I got DirecTV but now I see even having to skip past the advertisement is a big annoyance. Network TV, even the fairly good stuff (e.g. Blue Bloods), simply isn't worth the trouble. I'm now getting even pickier. I get annoyed by old TV shows that originally had advertisements so there is a break in the action where the advertisement used to be and that is followed by a redundant re-cap.
Last edited by bertilak on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker, the Cowboy Poet

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

First episode of the new season of Billions.

It was a bit of a disappointment. We are hoping that they just added some grim details to try to grab the attention of viewers. But it seems like the John Malkovich character, et al., might continue to give this more of a nasty touch, which would be a shame. There financial shenanigans are what this is, or was, about, and there's surely plenty more of this to milk.

We hope we are wrong about the theme(s) that are emphasized this season, or we may not continue with it.

RM

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 pm

bertilak wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 pm
hoops777 wrote:
You may be right, but there is an awfully lot of good stuff coming out of Great Britain. Perhaps it is also helpful that it is mostly new to us and therefore has a great deal of back-catalog to go through.

Just yesterday I cancelled my DirecTV so it will no longer to be easy to get at the network TV offerings. Since finding all the good streaming offerings (especially the British stuff) I realized network TV shows I once liked were not as good as I remembered. For example Hawaii FIve-O was one of my favorites but it now seems juvenile with lots of flashy action but stupid, repetitive and boring plots. (At least it still has that theme song!)

Also it is quite annoying to have to skip through advertisements. Being able to do that instead of putting up with them was a revelation way back when I got a Tivo. I took it for granted when I got DirecTV but now I see even having to skip past the advertisement is a big annoyance. Network TV, even the fairly good stuff (e.g. Blue Bloods), simply isn't worth the trouble. I'm now getting even pickier. I get annoyed by old TV shows that originally had advertisements so there is a break in the action where the advertisement used to be and that is followed by a redundant re-cap.
Blue Bloods is a good example.Good show,good actors.There are so many choices now it is just nuts.I will always have Directv or the equivalent because of the sports and the quality of the picture watching sports.

mak1277

Post by mak1277 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 am

hoops777 wrote:
What Network shows do you enjoy? I'm certainly open to watching network shows, I just haven't found many I enjoy recently.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 am

bertilak wrote:
I think I get more value from my Acorn subscription than either Netflix or Amazon (although they are valuable also). I did find that subscribing to Acorn through Amazon, rather than directly, improved the video quality considerably and costs the same.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am

PEN15 on Netflix is pretty funny for those who were in middle or high school around the year 2000. The ridiculousness of two 30 something actresses playing themselves as teenagers works pretty well.

Formula1: Drive to survive on Netflix is very good and bringing lots of fans to F1. You don't need to be a racing fan, just a fan of technology and competition.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 am
bertilak wrote:
I think I get more value from my Acorn subscription than either Netflix or Amazon (although they are valuable also). I did find that subscribing to Acorn through Amazon, rather than directly, improved the video quality considerably and costs the same.
I also get it through Amazon. Video is 1080P HD.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker, the Cowboy Poet

GT99

Post by GT99 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 am

mak1277 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 am
hoops777 wrote:
What Network shows do you enjoy? I'm certainly open to watching network shows, I just haven't found many I enjoy recently.
I do think the streaming services are putting out more good content, and I think there are a couple reasons why:
1. They are putting out more content overall, so they have more chances for success
2. The big networks are obviously still deriving primary revenue from ads, and their biggest revenue slots (aside from sports) are generally 8-10pm. Given that limitation, they are trying to appeal to more people (i.e. less targeted audiences). It's very expensive to throw up a series that bombs at 9 pm on Sunday (I haven't checked ratings but that seems to be the #1 time slot for dramas). Mass appeal generally means a move towards lowest common denominator. So they use a lot of retread ideas (keep it familar - same thing happens with movies), and when they have good ideas, they tend to use more generic writing (I thought Designated Survivor had really good potential in this regard, but it fizzled quickly).

I definitely agree that HBO and Showtime probably have the best content on average. Hate to be trendy, but GoT is the best series of all time IMO.

I personally haven't seen a drama from a major network that I've really enjoyed in years. I've tried several.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:24 am

bertilak wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am
TomatoTomahto wrote:
bertilak wrote:
Technically, it’s also 1080p when you subscribe directly to Acorn, but I found the image really soft and degraded. Since I was on a free trial basis, I did a comparison between direct and via Amazon, and the difference was not subtle. That might have been a short-term issue, but it was enough for me.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:29 am

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:24 am
bertilak wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am
TomatoTomahto wrote:
bertilak wrote:
Technically, it’s also 1080p when you subscribe directly to Acorn, but I found the image really soft and degraded. Since I was on a free trial basis, I did a comparison between direct and via Amazon, and the difference was not subtle. That might have been a short-term issue, but it was enough for me.
For shows available on both Amazon and Netflix (e.g. Midsomer Murders) the Amazon resolution is better. Might Netflix depend on old DVDs and Amazon go back to original source?