Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Time2Quit

Re: Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

Post by Time2Quit » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 pm

It is great to see a lot of millineals taking saving seriously. Congrats to all! :sharebeer
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor." --Seneca

JimmyD

Post by JimmyD » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am

We officially hit $1MM in assets this morning.

Definitely not getting carried away with the celebrations though. We still have a gargantuan student loan on the books for another four years. When that balance reads “$0.00”, that’s when I’ll dance a jig.

McDougal

Post by McDougal » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:14 am

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:19 pm
I really like the posts from those who are hitting major goals. It reinforces what most all of us believe.

However, don't ever forget what the market gives, the market can, and probably will, take some back.

I have been Flagship three times, I hope I will stay this time!

Broken Man 1999
Very sage advice Broken Man 1999, thanks for the reminder. I have added, lost and added a comma also.

student

Post by student » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:27 am

LiterallyIronic wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:33 pm
Finally got to having 1x income saved for retirement (again)! I actually hit 1x income on August 1st when I had $65k saved vs $63.5k income. But then the market later dropped at about the same time that I got a significant raise, so I fell back under 1x. But as of March 1, I've got $76k saved vs $75k income.

Also, I finally have a net worth that is higher than the number of miles on my car - $197k vs 190k miles. My wife's car, with 202,000 miles, is still winning, but not for long!
Congratulations on the pay raise and the savings.

student

Post by student » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 am

JimmyD wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am
We officially hit $1MM in assets this morning.

Definitely not getting carried away with the celebrations though. We still have a gargantuan student loan on the books for another four years. When that balance reads “$0.00”, that’s when I’ll dance a jig.
Congratulations.

majiaknight

Post by majiaknight » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:32 pm

ze233 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:55 pm
My wife and I just hit 2 commas for our combined investments + cash assets as of close of business yesterday. We had hit 2 commas in networth a couple of years ago, but that included our home equity.

However the 2 commas in just investments and cash has been a goal of mine to reach before turning 40 since I graduated college and started working.
I'm happy to say we reached it a few months before I turn 36.

I can't tell anyone else except my wife, but I'm glad to be able to share it with the Boglehead community.
Thanks for everyone for all the excellent advice and inspiration and motivation to stay the course and make this goal a reality. :beer

Now I suppose I need to figure out the next age goal, and target number.
Big congrats!
As of today our family just achieved the same financial milestone by the age of 37. Early this year we also paid back borrowed ~$92K from parents for the house downpayment in 2014.
Projected time to reach the 3rd milestone by the end of 2020. Cheers! :beer
  • (04/12/2017) 1st milestone - $1 million counting home equity.
    (03/02/2019) 2nd milestone - $1 million in investable assets, ignoring home equity.
    3rd milestone - $2 million if I start counting home equity again!
    4th milestone - $2 million in investable assets, ignoring home equity
    Ultimate milestone - $5 million overall assets (FIRE)!!

7th_Diagram

Post by 7th_Diagram » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm

I've reached $50K in retirement savings earlier in Feb. I started saving 2 years and 2 months ago thanks to Bogleheads..

DW and I have a passive online business that is 2 years old. It turned $20k in profit for 2018. Our first year we broke even.

We are not ruled by greed and are loving our small wins.
"You have to understand, most people are not ready to be unplugged,and many of them are so injured, so hopelessly dependent upon the system, that they will fight to protect it." | ~Morpheus

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:20 pm

7th_Diagram wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm
I've reached $50K in retirement savings earlier in Feb. I started saving 2 years and 2 months ago thanks to Bogleheads..

DW and I have a passive online business that is 2 years old. It turned $20k in profit for 2018. Our first year we broke even.

Congratulations on $50k in retirement investments :) , and on turning a profit in your business :) .

Small wins come before big wins.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

jwhitaker

Post by jwhitaker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:01 am

I posted on the "why I left wealthfront" thread about how I just rolled over my taxable account with wealthfront to vanguard. although it is very annoying because of the complicated holdings and vanguards website, it did cause us to have over $500k invested with vanguard for the first time. that's across roth IRAs for me and my wife, my wifes solo 401k, our prior taxable account and this new brokerage account.

I'm also liquidating my lendingclub account by selling my notes on folio. it's small but annoying to have to check and worry about the taxes. so once that's done i will be fully divested from "fintech", thanks for nothing silicon valley. i also took some small amounts of cash in settlement accounts and got it invested. my goal for the end of the year is to have greatly simplified my holdings for tracking my net worth and also my overall asset allocation. i would love to do 3 fund but i use target date funds for some things, and then i have significant capital gains on some of the funds wealthfront put me in so i have to leave those alone. but it will be much simpler.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:08 am

jwhitaker wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:01 am
I posted on the "why I left wealthfront" thread about how I just rolled over my taxable account with wealthfront to vanguard. although it is very annoying because of the complicated holdings and vanguards website, it did cause us to have over $500k invested with vanguard for the first time. that's across roth IRAs for me and my wife, my wifes solo 401k, our prior taxable account and this new brokerage account.

I'm also liquidating my lendingclub account by selling my notes on folio. it's small but annoying to have to check and worry about the taxes. so once that's done i will be fully divested from "fintech", thanks for nothing silicon valley. i also took some small amounts of cash in settlement accounts and got it invested. my goal for the end of the year is to have greatly simplified my holdings for tracking my net worth and also my overall asset allocation. i would love to do 3 fund but i use target date funds for some things, and then i have significant capital gains on some of the funds wealthfront put me in so i have to leave those alone. but it will be much simpler.
Congratulations on consolidating and simplifying your investments.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Just made it to the two comma club! Became aware of Bogleheads a bit over three years ago, posted my financial situation and was graciously guided towards a sustainable and productive investment path by retiredjg - thank you! Can't tell you how appreciative I am of all of you who have taken the time to mentor me and others who visit this site.

student

Post by student » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 am

giesen5 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Just made it to the two comma club! Became aware of Bogleheads a bit over three years ago, posted my financial situation and was graciously guided towards a sustainable and productive investment path by retiredjg - thank you! Can't tell you how appreciative I am of all of you who have taken the time to mentor me and others who visit this site.
Congratulations.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 am

giesen5 wrote:
Congratulations on joining the 2 comma club :D .

Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 am

giesen5 wrote:

Congratulations! :sharebeer
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions

travellight

Post by travellight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 pm

If I add my net present value of pension, I realized this week that my net worth would double. The pension is the same as my entire net worth ( it’s actually a bit higher).

cdc

Post by cdc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm

travellight wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 pm
If I add my net present value of pension, I realized this week that my net worth would double. The pension is the same as my entire net worth ( it’s actually a bit higher).
How did you do this calculation? I was thinking PV of payment stream using, say, a 4% discount rate and assuming mortality of 90.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am

cdc wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm
travellight wrote:
How did you do this calculation? I was thinking PV of payment stream using, say, a 4% discount rate and assuming mortality of 90.
For the value of a pension (if near retirement), how about simply using today's purchase price of a Single Premium Immediate Annuity (SPIA) that would give the same income stream?

Or if not near retirement, use today's purchase price for a fixed deferred annuity which would give the same income stream.

travellight

Post by travellight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am

ruralavalon wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am
cdc wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm
travellight wrote:
For the value of a pension (if near retirement), how about simply using today's purchase price of a Single Premium Immediate Annuity (SPIA) that would give the same income stream?

Or if not near retirement, use today's purchase price for a fixed deferred annuity which would give the same income stream.
I did it both ways.... tried npv of pension calculators and tried annuities and the numbers were very close. I presumed 3% for the rate in calculators that required it and life span to about age 87.

PhillyPhan

Post by PhillyPhan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 pm

With the rise in the market today, I crossed the 500k net worth milestone. :sharebeer

I completely understand it is very probable that I cross it going the other way, but the milestone is something I am proud of, and happy to share with the community. I started following Bogleheads in 7 years ago and have added over 400k in that time, mostly through the principals I have learned here. Here's to the next 500k.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

First time posting a milestone. With yesterdays paycheck and the rise in the market, the wife and I crossed a net worth of 2 mil yesterday, probably back to a little below if todays opening movements hold. My wife's reaction when I told here over text, "Oh, Interesting". We crossed 1 mil in mid 2015 but when averaged between two decent earners that didn't feel like it counted. Here is a chart:

Relavent info:
Ages 33 and 32
Values are pretax because who knows what my tax rate will be upon withdrawal.
Salaries starting about about 95k at the beginning of the chart, growing to about 115k now. 60k each out of college in 2008/2009
Currently putting 30% of paycheck directly into 401k, able to do full backdoor roth and save about 30k a year in taxable.
House PITI $3800 a month on a 20 year note with 10 to 17 left (depending on how much extra we pay), 4.125% rate.
CC averages $2600 per month, maybe a $200 of bills straight from the checking account.
About 300k of our net worth is due to inheritance
Net present value of pension not included.
No student loans thankfully.
Last edited by barnaclebob on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

packet

Post by packet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am

PhillyPhan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 pm
With the rise in the market today, I crossed the 500k net worth milestone. :sharebeer
Well done and congrats!

Keep up the good work ... :beer

Cheers,
packet
First round’s on me.

packet

Post by packet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 am

barnaclebob wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am
First time posting a milestone. With yesterdays paycheck and the rise in the market, the wife and I crossed a net worth of 2 mil yesterday...
Sahweeet!

Congrats.

:beer Cheers,
packet
First round’s on me.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:24 am

PhillyPhan wrote:
. . . . . .
barnaclebob wrote:
First time posting a milestone. With yesterdays paycheck and the rise in the market, the wife and I crossed a net worth of 2 mil yesterday...
Congratulations to you both :D :D

Investing.Newbie

Post by Investing.Newbie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:13 pm

barnaclebob wrote:
First time posting a milestone. With yesterdays paycheck and the rise in the market, the wife and I crossed a net worth of 2 mil yesterday
Congrats barnaclebob :sharebeer just curious if you don't mind sharing what professions are you and your wife in ? You mentioned pensions...I'm assuming you guys are in government ?
Thanks !

Investing.Newbie

Post by Investing.Newbie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:15 pm

PhillyPhan wrote:
Congrats PhillyPhan :sharebeer :moneybag

marti038

Post by marti038 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Hit 500k in retirement funds on Tuesday.

Will probably go back under that mark after today.

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Investing.Newbie wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:13 pm
barnaclebob wrote:
First time posting a milestone. With yesterdays paycheck and the rise in the market, the wife and I crossed a net worth of 2 mil yesterday
Congrats barnaclebob :sharebeer just curious if you don't mind sharing what professions are you and your wife in ? You mentioned pensions...I'm assuming you guys are in government ?
Thanks !
Not in govt, we've got one of the few remaining corporate pensions and it is still growing at the moment. I don't expect that to last much longer. Newer employees don't get it anymore.

mushyyy

Post by mushyyy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 pm

no specific milestone, just turning 30.
Accumulated slightly more than 600k in the old fashion way.

Despite being a novice here, I recently realized that the real value of investing regularly (aka monthly) is in habit formation. You psycologically get used to market fluctuations and you progressively adapt as your portfolio grows.
A $50.000 daily fluctuation might be emotionally too hard for a 25 years old who has inherited few millions. But the 60years old who has been investing the whole life and seen the portfolio grow over time, can very detach himself from the absolute dollar amount.

Now my daily portfolio fluctuations are in line with the monthly take home, but they don't cause any distress

obafgkm

Passed 2.1 Commas Today

Post by obafgkm » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm

I just passed 2.1 commas today -- 10^(3*2.1)= 10^(6.3) = $1,995,262. I also passed $2 million, but I think 2.1 commas sounds better.

I'm not including the value of my home in that net worth, but it is worth $250,000, with about $80,000 that I still owe.

I also know this is an April fools joke on me, because I'll likely cross the 2.1-comma/$2 Million marks several times in the near future. This is just the first time.

Grt2bOutdoors

Re: Passed 2.1 Commas Today

Post by Grt2bOutdoors » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 am

obafgkm wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm
I just passed 2.1 commas today -- 10^(3*2.1)= 10^(6.3) = $1,995,262. I also passed $2 million, but I think 2.1 commas sounds better.

I'm not including the value of my home in that net worth, but it is worth $250,000, with about $80,000 that I still owe.

I also know this is an April fools joke on me, because I'll likely cross the 2.1-comma/$2 Million marks several times in the near future. This is just the first time.
Congratulations!
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions

EdNorton

Post by EdNorton » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 am

I hit 2 commas in 2014, retired at end of 2016 at 59. Plan was to hopefully live on small pension and earnings off next egg. Since then net worth has increased $650k, might have to spend more. DW and I were DINKWAD's, will leave any leftover money to nieces, nephews and charities, but that is not a priority. I got very lucky on some individual stocks, now slowly converting to BH portfolio. :sharebeer
Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho

LiterallyIronic

Post by LiterallyIronic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 am

Just hit a net worth of $200,000! It took about as long to go from $100,000 to $200,000 as it did from $50,000 to $100,000. Home equity ($105,000) is a big part of that, though, as invested assets are just $79,000.

ruralavalon

Re: Passed 2.1 Commas Today

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:53 am

obafgkm wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Congratulations :D .

NeoNeo

Post by NeoNeo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Dear all, this is my first post on Bogleheads after a decade of lurking and 14 months after creating an account for these forums. I hope this is the right place to express my gratitude and announce a milestone.

The milestone is age: today is my 40th birthday. I've reached it while in decent health and (coming into and then managing) some wealth. That latter part I don't talk about with most people, so I figured I'd talk about it here.

Eleven years ago, at 29, with much of my 20s mired in a PhD program with minimal stipends, I had a net worth under $EDITED Today, my taxable, IRA, and Roth IRA accounts between Vanguard and Merrill Lynch are at $DELETED, and with my Mom's savings that I helped her invest the last decade (including my late father's savings--mostly from the 90s and 00s bull markets), she and I are Vanguard Flagship (i.e. 2-commas).

Between 2009 and 2015 I had a middle-income job (by DC standards) ---REDACTED. During that time, with savings and then a $DELETED gift from family, I managed to put a 20% down payment on a townhouse purchased for $DELETED, a house which has likely appreciated over 70% due to a gamble taken on the neighborhood (i.e. "gentrification"). After my father's untimely death in 2013, I came into an $DELETED inheritance, which I partially invested and partially lived off of while diverting the max allowed amount from my salary to a 401k for a few years (all index funds). From 2016 through mid-2018, I was partially "FIRE" while returning to grad school without a stipend, supporting myself off investments (dividends but also selling taxable funds too) and having a room rented out. Since last year, I'm back at work, living frugally but fully, continuing near-max contributions to 401k and Roth IRA.

This is all to say that I am grateful that I discovered index funds, Jack Bogle's writings, Bogleheads, and (to be fair) Mr Money Mustache, at the times in my life that I did.

I have a financial milestone of being truly financially independent by age 52 (a dozen years), but I don't have hard numbers assigned to this yet. I envision occasionally leaving the workforce to focus on writing and music, and returning to the work force as needed. Perhaps it will be "FIRE" mixed with work. In saying this, I realize I am tremendously lucky, and among the people to thank are the participants in this forum.
Last edited by NeoNeo on Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JediMisty

Post by JediMisty » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Third milestone - 2M including home equity. I'm single. If my SO would tie the knot his contribution would bring us to the fourth milestone. But, alas.

Big Dutch

Post by Big Dutch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Two comma club last month for us, investments only! I've been on this forum for about 4 years, lurked for several prior to joining in the conversation. This is such an educated group, thanks for letting me soak up your knowledge and experiences, not to mention the camaraderie.

I've been working on simplifying and streamlining our assets over the last several years and I'm equally proud that our aggregate ER is 0.23%. I'm stuck with some fees in our 401k so we can't get much lower.

We're keeping our foot on the gas and trying to make hay while the sun shines: saving aggressively and paying down debt.

Best of luck to all the others pursuing their goals!

~Big Dutch

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Big Dutch wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:25 pm
Two comma club last month for us, investments only! I've been on this forum for about 4 years, lurked for several prior to joining in the conversation. This is such an educated group, thanks for letting me soak up your knowledge and experiences, not to mention the camaraderie.

I've been working on simplifying and streamlining our assets over the last several years and I'm equally proud that our aggregate ER is 0.23%. I'm stuck with some fees in our 401k so we can't get much lower.

We're keeping our foot on the gas and trying to make hay while the sun shines: saving aggressively and paying down debt.

Best of luck to all the others pursuing their goals!

~Big Dutch
Congratulations on joining the two comma club :) .

A weighted average expense ratio of 0.23% is low, and pretty good when working around a high ER 401k plan.

onthecusp

Post by onthecusp » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm

neologistocrat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:48 pm
... living frugally but fully, ...
Congrats! Seems you are an a fine and fulfilling path here in your new decade! :D

Darth Xanadu

Post by Darth Xanadu » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Big Dutch wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:25 pm
Two comma club last month for us, investments only!
Congratulations!

I too achieved two commas excluding home equity in March 2019.

I would also second your thoughts about this wonderful community. To use a poor analogy, I feel like my ship was always pointed in the right general direction, but the insights I've gotten from the folks here is like being given a map to the stars.
"A courageous teacher, failure is."

NeoNeo

Post by NeoNeo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 pm

THANKS! Entering my 40s with a lovely little house, good health, many friends and fellow musicians nearby, and index ETFs with low expense ratios! I have so much gratitude for the collective wisdom on this forum--really unusual for the modern internet, if I may say so.
onthecusp wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm
neologistocrat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:48 pm
... living frugally but fully, ...
Congrats! Seems you are an a fine and fulfilling path here in your new decade! :D

Bully3000

Post by Bully3000 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:47 pm

2 years after my Divorce I have recouped 50% of my 401k, first time maxed 401k, IRA and HSA, first time with a financial plan and budget, first time with a fully funded emergency fund and first time on track to not working until i die :happy

Oakwood42

Re: U.S. stocks continue to soar!

Post by Oakwood42 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 pm

MotoTrojan wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am
[Posts moved into here, see below --admin LadyGeek]

Hit $100K today for the first time!
Nice work!

Oakwood42

Post by Oakwood42 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:52 pm

ruralavalon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:20 pm
7th_Diagram wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Congratulations on $50k in retirement investments :) , and on turning a profit in your business :) .

Small wins come before big wins.
"Small wins come before big wins."

+1

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:55 pm

3yrs and 3 months into our mortgage, on April 1st we officially hit the halfway mark on principal. Planning on having the entire thing done January 1st, 2022. Fingers crossed that we'll cross the 2-comma mark about the same time.

jaj2276

Post by jaj2276 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Passed the 3m net worth mark. This includes real estate carried at purchase price w/ no appreciation (or depreciation). I have 3 RE accounts in my net worth. One is a mortgage my wife and I wrote to my sister-in-law that decreases each month that a payment is made on it. The other is a house we just purchased and the other is a house that we're now trying to sell. Hopefully the proceeds from the house we're trying to sell can pay off the house we now live in and I can come back in and make a few more milestone announcements this year.

This was my target to retire early but that was assuming I'd hit that mark around 50. I'm 5-10 years too early for that so I will need to keep working and change the goal to 5m @ 50.

Thanks for (not) listening.

dad2000

Post by dad2000 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Hit FI last month at age 52 with 5M in retirement funds and no debt. More importantly, wife and I are in excellent health.

ColoradoNewBiker

Post by ColoradoNewBiker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:52 pm

jaj2276 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:13 pm
Passed the 3m net worth mark. This includes real estate carried at purchase price w/ no appreciation (or depreciation). I have 3 RE accounts in my net worth. One is a mortgage my wife and I wrote to my sister-in-law that decreases each month that a payment is made on it. The other is a house we just purchased and the other is a house that we're now trying to sell. Hopefully the proceeds from the house we're trying to sell can pay off the house we now live in and I can come back in and make a few more milestone announcements this year.

This was my target to retire early but that was assuming I'd hit that mark around 50. I'm 5-10 years too early for that so I will need to keep working and change the goal to 5m @ 50.

Thanks for (not) listening.
Congratulations! Keep going! :sharebeer

ColoradoNewBiker

Post by ColoradoNewBiker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 pm

dad2000 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 pm
Hit FI last month at age 52 with 5M in retirement funds and no debt. More importantly, wife and I are in excellent health.
Wow, I'm jealous. :twisted:

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 am

dad2000 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 pm
Congratulations :) .

GlennK

Post by GlennK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks to a suggestion or thread I read on here, I found a net worth calculator. I entered the data for the first time this week and was pleasantly surprised. Including my house (no mortgage), I am at the 2M net worth. I hope to retire at age 60 in 3 years.

That is if my company comes through as promised with my pension buyout and doesn't go bankrupt before then.