Thoughts on this all Fidelity index portfolio. Thank you

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Thoughts on this all Fidelity index portfolio. Thank you

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 am

Hi everyone been following this board for quite some time, finally decided to join and be in a community with people sharing the same passion as mines. But unlike most of you here I'm a little late to the party, looking to learn a lot from each and every one of you. Here's my question, I'm thinking to redo my portfolio from a 3 fund to the one listed below. I'm aggressive so don't mind the risk, looking for more exposure to small-cap and emerging market at the same time add a little with real estate. Please share all thoughts and recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Asset Class Symbol % ER

S&P 500 ---------------------- FXAIX 30% .015

Mid-Cap ---------------------- FSMDX 10% .025

Small-Cap ------------------- FSSNX 15% .025

Developed Market ---------- FSPSX 17% .045

Emerging Market ------------ IFPADX 08% .070

Real Estate Index ------------FSRNX 10% .070

Short Term Bonds ------------FNSOX 05% .030

Inflation Protected Bonds - FIPDX 05% .050

age - 40, retire 70, wife 2 kids, filing joint, 24% bracket, max out my 401k roth, 2 roth IRA, 1 Simple IRA, two 529 plans ($1000 a month each), 1 ESA $2000/yr. $200k to invest. pretty much debt free in 8 yrs. didn't invest in 2000 or 2008, if I did probably wouldn't freak out (long time horizon to recover). please let me know if anything else helps...thanx again...oh I prefer mutual funds just because easier to do automatic investments. Also I did compare these funds with the etf alternatives and most of them is cheaper..unless I'm doing something wrong (definitely cheaper than the Vanguard version, actually model this after steven goldberg's article in Kiplinger using Vanguard funds with minor tweaks ).https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/inv ... index.html
Last edited by StrongLikeBuLL on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

atdharris

Re: Thoughts on this all Fidelity index portfolio. Thank you

Post by atdharris » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am

This is totally a personal preference, but 10% in REITS seems high for me. I don't invest in real estate funds, but if I did, I'd never go over 5%. It also matters if this is a tax advantaged account or not, because all of the dividends are going to increase your tax burden.

software

Post by software » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:54 am

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 am
Hi everyone been following this board for quite some time, finally decided to join and be in a community with people sharing the same passion as mines. But unlike most of you here I'm a little late to the party, looking to learn a lot from each and every one of you. Here's my question, I'm thinking to redo my portfolio from a 3 fund to the one listed below. I'm aggressive so don't mind the risk, looking for more exposure to small-cap and emerging market at the same time add a little with real estate. Please share all thoughts and recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Asset Class Symbol % ER

Developed Market ---------- FSPSX 15% .045

Emerging Market ------------ IFPADX 10% .070

You mention you are late to the game. How long until you expect to retire? You may not have the time to wait for losses to recoup in a 90% stock portfolio.

Also, the ERs on some of those funds seem really high...You may want to look at ETF equivalents unless you are for some reason married to mutual funds (like in a 401k).

oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 am

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Here's my question, I'm thinking to redo my portfolio from a 3 fund to the one listed below.
Why?
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 am

Welcome to the forum :) .

An aggressive asset allocation trying to make up for a late start is often bad idea in my opinion. The better strategy in my opinion is a high savings rate.

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:

Asset Class Symbol % ER

Developed Market ---------- FSPSX 15% .045

Emerging Market ------------ IFPADX 10% .070

I can't assess your risk tolerance. You don't give your age, say you are "a little late to he party", and "are aggressive so don't mind risk". (If new to investing how can you know that a market collapse will not bother you?)

What is your age, years to expected retirement, do you have debt (types, amount and interest rates), do you have dependents (number and ages), where you investing in 2000 and 2008 (size of portfolio), and if so how did you act during the crises?

What is your tax bracket, both federal and state? What is your tax filing status? How much are you contributing annually to investing?

You can simply add this to your original post using the edit button (the pencil icon near the upper right corner of your post), it helps a lot if all of your information is in one place.

The funds you have chosen are all reasonable choices. The percentages for your desired asset allocation may or may not be within the range of what is reasonable.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am

Stronglikebull,

Well, this is a certainly an aggressive 90/10 portfolio, but it's OK for someone who can hold through the rough times. It would be helpful, for you and us, if you posted information in the recommended format, here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6212

You can edit your post be clicking on the pencil image in the upper right corner of your post.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 am

Thanx everybody for replying! I feel the love..lol. anyhow I'm 39 going into 40. doing this in fidelity brokerage account, roth IRA(s) and simple IRA, $10k in Fundrise account. So yes all tax advantage account, looking to retire between 65-70 (haven't made up my mind yet. $150k left in mortgage paid off in 8 yrs. have a wife and 2 yr old with one on the way. Have an ESA and two 529 plans. I think that's everything, apologize if I miss anything. Looking forward to you guys knocking some sense into me =P. Please enlighten me. Oh almost forgot I have railroad retirement as well.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:22 pm

StrongLikeBull wrote: . . . . 24% bracket, max out my 401k roth, 2 roth IRA, 1 Simple IRA, two 529 plans ($1000 a month each), 1 ESA $2000/yr. $200k to invest.
. . . . .
Contribution rate.
It's good to see that you are making maximum contributions to tax-advantaged accounts and have a high savings rate:
Roth 401k, $19k
2 Roth IRAs, $12k
SIMPLE IRA $13k
2 529s, $24k
1 ESA, $2k
Total = $70k annually

Do I understand you correctly about your contribution rate?

You said "$200k to invest". Is that the total you currently have in all accounts, or an amount of cash you currently have available to add to investing?

Asset allocation.
StrongLikeBull wrote:age - 40, retire 70, wife 2 kids, . . . . pretty much debt free in 8 yrs. didn't invest in 2000 or 2008, if I did probably wouldn't freak out (long time horizon to recover). please let me know if anything else helps.
Fixed income.
You indicate 10% in bonds. In my opinion a 10% allocation in fixed income (bonds, etc.) is too low. My suggestion is around 30-40% in fixed income. Wiki article "Asset allocation". Wiki article Bogleheads Investment Philosophy, "Never bear too much or too little risk".

Risk tolerance is a matter of emotions, i.e. whether one might panic sell in a crash. I don't believe it's possible for anyone to know how they might react to seeing half of their investments seem to disappear in a market crash, unless they have actually experienced a crash. It easy for any investor to believe that they would not panic, it's harder to do in real life.

People who panic sell usually have trouble reetering the market, and so miss the recovery.

You indicate 1/2 of bonds in TIPS. I don't suggest TIPS unless retired, if then. At age 40 your inflation protection is your human capital and a relatively high stock allocation.

My own personal preference for bonds is an intermediate-term bond fund. Most here prefer Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares (VBTLX). I prefer Vanguard Intermediate-term Bond Index Fund (VBILX).

In my opinion the primary purpose of the fixed income allocation is safety. Just about any well diversified, low expense, intermediate-term or short-term bond fund should do the job.

Equities.
You indicate 28% of stocks in international stocks (25/90 = 27.8%) which is within the range of what is reasonable in my opinion.

I usually suggest around 20-30% of stocks in international stocks. His 20% of stocks in international stocks would have captured about 95% of the maximum diversification benefit, and 30% of stocks in international stocks would have captured about 99% of the maximum diversification benefit. Vanguard paper "Considerations for Investing in Non-U.S Equities", p. 6.

If you went 40% fixed income then that would mean around 15% in international stocks, and 45% in domestic stocks. Asset allocation is a very personal decision which you must make based on your own ability, willingness and need to take risk.

Slice and dice equities, overweighting.
StrongLikeBull wrote: S&P 500 ---------------------- FXAIX 30% .015

Developed Market ---------- FSPSX 17% .045

Emerging Market ------------ IFPADX 08% .070

I am a fan of the three-fund portfolio, which uses just a few very diversified, low expense funds. Wiki article "Three fund portfolio". Forum discussion "The three-fund portfolio".

You indicate about 45% of domestic stocks in S&P 500, and 55% in mid-cap and small-cap. Whereas about 81% of the U.S. stock market is covered by the S&P 500 index.

You indicate about 32% of international stock in emerging markets, whereas emerging markets are about 22% of the international market.

0thers prefer to split total market funds into components, in order to overweight U.S. small-cap and emerging markets feeling that this gives the possibility of greater returns or lower correlations.

Wiki article "Slice and dice". Wiki article "Slice and dice international".

In my opinion the total market funds give you greater simplicity and easier portfolio management. In my opinion the other approaches present greater risk.

Roth versus traditional.
Will you have a significant pension?

You indicate Roth contributions to your 401k. For most people traditional contributions will likely be better than Roth contributions.

TFB blog post "The case against Roth 401k". "I think for most people the majority, if not 100%, of the contribution should go to a Traditional 401(k)."

A significant pension in addition to Social Security changes that analysis. TFB blog post "Most TSP Participants Should Switch to the Roth TSP" That analyzes the effect of a federal pension, by the analysis should hold for a private sector pension.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 am
Thanx everybody for replying! I feel the love..lol. anyhow I'm 39 going into 40. doing this in fidelity brokerage account, roth IRA(s) and simple IRA, $10k in Fundrise account. So yes all tax advantage account, looking to retire between 65-70 (haven't made up my mind yet. $150k left in mortgage paid off in 8 yrs. have a wife and 2 yr old with one on the way. Have an ESA and two 529 plans. I think that's everything, apologize if I miss anything. Looking forward to you guys knocking some sense into me =P. Please enlighten me. Oh almost forgot I have railroad retirement as well.
Congratulations on the new child on the way.

I see now that you have Railroad Retirement. That is similar to Social Security, but I am not really familiar with Railroad Retirement. So I can't say if Roth or traditional contributions might be best.

Since you have a fidelity brokerage account you should pay attention to tax-efficiency. A bond fund is not very tax-efficient so ordinarily should be held in a tax-advantaged account. In a taxable account use very tax-efficient stock index funds. Wiki article "Tax-efficient fund placement".

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Wow...thank you...very insightful...to clarity that's $200K in total account (that's what I meant by late to the party, didn't take investing seriously till now). And yes you are correct I am planning to max out all my tax advantaged account (about $70K like you've stated). I know that sounds high but only because I have my own business (part of the reason why I don't mind the risk as much). After your post I think I'll stay with the 3 fund, but I still like Roth option over traditional only due to the fact that earnings grow tax free and withdrawals is also tax free also no RMDs. When I find some time I will try to read all the links you've provided...thanx again

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Wow...thank you...very insightful...to clarity that's $200K in total account (that's what I meant by late to the party, didn't take investing seriously till now). And yes you are correct I am planning to max out all my tax advantaged account (about $70K like you've stated). I know that sounds high but only because I have my own business (part of the reason why I don't mind the risk as much). After your post I think I'll stay with the 3 fund, but I still like Roth option over traditional only due to the fact that earnings grow tax free and withdrawals is also tax free also no RMDs. When I find some time I will try to read all the links you've provided...thanx again
Maintaining that high savings rate is the most important thing you can do at this point. That will probably be the key to accumulating a large enough investing portfolio for a comfortable retirement.

MikeMak27

Post by MikeMak27 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I would use IJR, IJH, and IVV instead of the fidelity funds. They are free to trade at Fidelity like many i shares products and are more tax efficient than the fidelity funds if this is a taxable account. Plus IJR and ijh track s and p indexes which far out perform their Russell counterparts.
Mac 4 fund portfolio: 45% US small cap value (IJS, VBR), 40% Emerging Markets (IEMG, VWO, FPMAX), 10% long term US treasuries (TLT), 5% US REITS (VNQ)

pward

Post by pward » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm

I think your equity break out is fine. I might consider increasing your bond allocation though. I also agree with previous statements that savings rate is the most important thing. You don't need to be super aggressive in allocation to succeed, and being super aggressive is no guarantee that you're going to wind up any better in the end (you very well could wind up underperforming a more conservative allocation): https://portfoliocharts.com/2016/07/25/ ... tion-plan/

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanx guys...it's all in a tax advantaged accounts...I like all those ETF recommendations (will do comparisons see if it works for me, try to keep fee as low as possible)...thinking switching out small cap fund to IJS and the bond funds to AGG for, still debating HDV for dividends.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Thanx guys...it's all in a tax advantaged accounts...I like all those ETF recommendations (will do comparisons see if it works for me, try to keep fee as low as possible)...thinking switching out small cap fund to IJS and the bond funds to AGG for, still debating HDV for dividends.
iShares Core US Aggregate Bond ETF (AGG) ER 0.05% is a reasonable choice for a total bond market ETF.

Is your account at Fidelity? You could instead use Fidelity® US Bond Index (FXNAX) ER 0.025%.

If you add iShares Core High Dividend ETF (HDV) it is not tax-efficient if used in a taxable account.. Be sure it is placed in a tax-advantaged account,preferably a tax-deferred account. Wiki article "Tax-efficient fund placement".
Last edited by ruralavalon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes...and by george you are correct...totally forgot about FXNAX..and it's cheaper...totally slipped my mind...thank you!...so you saying HDV in tax defer? I can either...but can you explain why since they're both tax advantaged..I would really appreciate that...still learning...I have both traditional 401k and a Roth 401k account...Portfolio is in brokeragelink account inside the 401k thru fidelity.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 pm

If you add iShares Core High Dividend ETF (HDV) it is not tax-efficient if used in a taxable account. Be sure it is placed in a tax-advantaged account, preferably a tax-deferred account. Wiki article "Tax-efficient fund placement".

dcabler

Post by dcabler » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:57 pm

atdharris wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am
This is totally a personal preference, but 10% in REITS seems high for me. I don't invest in real estate funds, but if I did, I'd never go over 5%. It also matters if this is a tax advantaged account or not, because all of the dividends are going to increase your tax burden.
+1 on REITs. Not sure they add value to what you otherwise put together. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this portfolio, but I'm sure you'll soon get several posts telling you that the only portfolio you should have is the 3-fund portfolio. In fact, expect Taylor to post his message in 3, 2, 1.....

:P

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes just saw the link you provided.....in the middle of editing my response..but you're fast..lol..I will go read it..thank you

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I wanted Reits only because I want something in real estate...have a fundrise account also...but don't want to put too much in it cause it's fairly new and a bit illiquid.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

I suggest greatly simplifying your stock allocations.

I suggest choosing funds to simulate the very well diversified, low expense ratio "three-fund portfolio". Wiki article "Three-fund portfolio". Forum discussion, "The Three-Fund Portfolio".

For domestic stocks I suggest using a total stock market index fund where available; otherwise an S&P 500 index fund is good enough by itself for domestic stocks. "In a 401(k) plan with limited choices one might very well opt for an S&P 500 index fund to serve as the domestic stock component of a three-fund portfolio." Wiki article, Three-fund portfolio, "Other considerations".

An S&P 500 index fund covers 81% of the U.S. stock market investing in stocks of selected large-cap and mid-cap U.S. companies, and in the 27 years since the creation of the first total stock market index fund the total return of the two types of funds has been almost identical. Morningstar, "growth of $10k" graph, VTSAX vs VFIAX.

See also Allan Roth, CBS Moneywatch, "John C. Bogle on the S&P 500 vs. the Total Stock Market".

So it seems that adding a little in mid/small cap stocks trying to mimic the holdings of a total stock market fund has historically made little difference in performance.

If you really, really want to add something then iShares S&P Small-Cap 600 Value ETF (IJS) is a good choice in my opinion.

Rick Ferri, ETF.com (7/21/2014), "To tilt or not to tilt?". "My preference is 75 percent to a total market index fund and 25 percent allocation to a small-value index fund."

dcdowden

Post by dcdowden » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm

We use FSMAX Fidelity Extended Market Index Fund (0.045% ER) to overweight small and midcap US stocks in conjunction with FZROX Fidelity Zero Total Market Index and FZILX Fidelity Zero International Index.

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:33 pm

I see you're utilizing the zero funds...just curious why FSMAX and not FZIPX..since you already have the other two zero funds. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea...a complete all ZERO fund Portfolio. Total stock market fund(FZROX), total international (FZILX), overweight in Mid and small Cap (FZIPX)...then top it off with FXNAX...well as close to zero as possible =)..sounds like a winner to me and simple...just no small value fund...oh well

And about the other post Mr. Ferri recommends 75% total market and 25% small value..what about the bonds?

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:14 pm

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:33 pm
. . . . .
And about the other post Mr. Ferri recommends 75% total market and 25% small value..what about the bonds?
In that article Rick Ferri was writing about how an investor might divide up (tilt) the domestic stock allocation.

He also advocates having a bond allocation and an international stock allocation.

So if the desired asset allocation is 40% fixed income, 15% in international stocks, and 45% in domestic stocks.60/40 equities/fixed income, then that would mean about a portfolio with about 34% large-cap/11% small-cap value.
Last edited by ruralavalon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

elcadarj

Post by elcadarj » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Have you considered the iShares Core Allocation ETFs? It's a family of ETFs built of 8 iShares Core ETFs in varying proportions according to broad risk tolerance categories: Conservative, Moderate, Growth, Aggressive. You just pick the allocation according to your risk tolerance. They do all the balancing....

Description SYM ER TOTAL ALLOCATION EQTY BOND CASH

iShares Core Aggressive Allocation ETF AOA 0.25% 100% 75% 18% 7%

Top 8 Holdings AS OF 03/04/2019 100.00% of 8 total
iShares Core S&P 500 ETF IVV 35.82%
iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF IDEV 27.56%
iShares Core Total USD Bond Market ETF IUSB 15.30%
Cash CASH 7.39%
iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF IEMG 7.26%
iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF IJH 2.72%
iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF IAGG 2.70%
iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF IJR 1.26%

iShares Core Growth Allocation ETF AOR 0.25% 100% 57% 37% 6%

iShares Core Total USD Bond Market ETF IUSB 31.36%
iShares Core S&P 500 ETF IVV 27.54%
iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF IDEV 21.21%
Cash CASH 5.74%
iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF IEMG 5.60%
iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF IAGG 5.51%
iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF IJH 2.09%
iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF IJR 0.95%

iShares Core Moderate Allocation ETF AOM 0.25% 100% 39% 57% 4%

iShares Core Total USD Bond Market ETF IUSB 48.25%
iShares Core S&P 500 ETF IVV 18.82%
iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF IDEV 14.50%
iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF IAGG 8.41%
Cash CASH 4.08%
iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF IEMG 3.85%
iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF IJH 1.44%
iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF IJR 0.65%

iShares Core Conservative Allocation ETF AOK 0.25% 100% 28% 62% 10%

iShares Core Total USD Bond Market ETF IUSB 53.00%
iShares Core S&P 500 ETF IVV 13.29%
Cash CASH 10.14%
iShares Core MSCI International Developed Markets ETF IDEV 10.04%
iShares Core International Aggregate Bond ETF IAGG 9.27%
iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF IEMG 2.79%
iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF IJH 1.01%
iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF IJR 0.46%

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Man my head is spinning..lol...but in a good way..alot of great advices...gonna take awhile to digest everything...everyone thank you so much...I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to help a noob out...loving the forum so far

Topic Author
StrongLikeBuLL

Post by StrongLikeBuLL » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Alright after a lot of soul searching in the end I've decided to stay with the try and true 3 fund portfolio. Based on the inputs I got tilting a bit here and there don't really change much for the added risk. But I admit I'm still a bit stubborn about the 10% bond allocation (I will increase it incrementally as time goes on). For me I'm totally comfortable with that a little risk won't hurt keeps thing's interesting. To be perfectly honest I'm even ok with 100% stock, so it's kind of a compromise, happy medium, meet me in the middle kind of thing =) . Once again I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to share their wonderful thoughts and recommendations.

P.S

As much as I don't like fees I've decided to pass on the ZERO funds and go with old reliable FSKAX and FTIHX. Reason being they have a track record and a bit more diversified, so in the end it's worth the chump change.

My final answer: FSKAX 60%, FTIHX 30%, FXNAX 10%

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:36 pm

StrongLikeBuLL wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:06 pm
Alright after a lot of soul searching in the end I've decided to stay with the try and true 3 fund portfolio. Based on the inputs I got tilting a bit here and there don't really change much for the added risk. But I admit I'm still a bit stubborn about the 10% bond allocation (I will increase it incrementally as time goes on). For me I'm totally comfortable with that a little risk won't hurt keeps thing's interesting. To be perfectly honest I'm even ok with 100% stock, so it's kind of a compromise, happy medium, meet me in the middle kind of thing =) . Once again I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to share their wonderful thoughts and recommendations.

P.S

As much as I don't like fees I've decided to pass on the ZERO funds and go with old reliable FSKAX and FTIHX. Reason being they have a track record and a bit more diversified, so in the end it's worth the chump change.

My final answer: FSKAX 60%, FTIHX 30%, FXNAX 10%
Those are reasonable decisions, no reason to try for a perfect plan