FreeTaxUSA declining my credit card - resolved

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Groundhog

FreeTaxUSA declining my credit card - resolved

Post by Groundhog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Based on reviews here and my relatively basic tax return I decided to use FreeTaxUSA this year for the first time. I finished my return and am ready to efile. I need to pay for the state return which is $12.95 and have attempted to use my credit card and it was declined. The message from FreeTaxUSA said to try another card, which i did and it was declined also. I logged onto both credit card websites and see no issue. Anyone else run into this with FreeTaxUSA?
Last edited by Groundhog on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrGrumpy

Re: FreeTaxUSA declining my credit card

Post by SrGrumpy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

What did the bank say when you called?

Topic Author
Groundhog

Re: FreeTaxUSA declining my credit card - resolved

Post by Groundhog » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm

There was not an issue with my credit card. After submitting a ticket to FreeTaxUSA they did something (didn’t say what) and asked me to try it again. The purchase of the state efile went through fine and I efiled my returns today. Received emails back a bit later saying both were accepted.

willthrill81

Re: FreeTaxUSA declining my credit card - resolved

Post by willthrill81 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Good to hear it got resolved easily.

I filed our taxes with them this year, and it was very easy and completely free, two things that I value highly. :D
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien,The Lord of the Rings