Amazon third-party item received damaged. No recourse?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
windaar

Amazon third-party item received damaged. No recourse?

Post by windaar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 am

I received a poorly-packaged item from an Amazon third party vendor that had been completely damaged. I contacted the company, with info provided by Amazon, and a photo of the damaged item. They are not writing back. When looking into Amazon's "A to Z Guarantee," I am being asked to click a "problem with order" button next to the item in "my orders" but there is no such button. is there any solution to this or do I just eat the loss?

ShadowRegent

Re: Amazon third-party item received damaged. No recourse?

Post by ShadowRegent » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 am

Try contacting Amazon. They are generally extremely helpful-- here's a link.

Topic Author
windaar

Post by windaar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:55 am

Thank you; problem was solved through Chat right away.

Dyloot

Post by Dyloot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 am

This is why 90% of my online purchases are made with Amazon. There's such an amazing safety net built in to the entire process. I've only had one problem in the past year, and in the end the third-party seller refunded my money and sent me an upgraded item as a replacement for what I actually purchased.

go_mets

Post by go_mets » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Dyloot wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 am
This is why 90% of my online purchases are made with Amazon. There's such an amazing safety net built in to the entire process. I've only had one problem in the past year, and in the end the third-party seller refunded my money and sent me an upgraded item as a replacement for what I actually purchased.
I buy most of my online purchases on eBay.
I choose carefully and have not had any major problems.

I only buy on Amazon if I can get a deal by using points from my credit cards.

CaliJim

Post by CaliJim » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 pm

I've had mostly good luck w/ the vendors in the amazon market place. apparently the marketplace can be very competitive vendors are beholden to amazon who can quickly down their store fronts if they fall out of line. and that can be devistating to market place vendors who may have significant investments in inventory that they cannot monitize easily if they are shutdown by amazon. so for the most part they are very attuned to eliminating complaints about them to amazon.
-calijim- | | For more info, click this Wiki

All Star

Post by All Star » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Amazon has gotten REALLY bad with fake reviews and scummy third party vendors. I only buy brand-name stuff direct from them these days.

walkerbait

Post by walkerbait » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm

All Star wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Amazon has gotten REALLY bad with fake reviews and scummy third party vendors. I only buy brand-name stuff direct from them these days.
It is SO bad, and most people don't realize it. I own a company that sells on amazon, and it's difficult to compete because of all the fake reviews (I don't engage in anything like that).

To make matters more interesting, third party vendors can get Amazon to buy/sell their item directly. These items show up as ships from and sold from Amazon.com, but could be of garbage quality anyway.

I highly recommend everyone use fakespot.com or a similar service to check the quality of reviews. As I said above, I use no review manipulation tactics and have an "A" grade whereas many competitors have C, D, or F ratings. For that reason, I think the service is generally fairly accurate.

capsaicinguy

Post by capsaicinguy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:43 pm

walkerbait wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm
I highly recommend everyone use fakespot.com or a similar service to check the quality of reviews. As I said above, I use no review manipulation tactics and have an "A" grade whereas many competitors have C, D, or F ratings. For that reason, I think the service is generally fairly accurate.
Thanks for that tip. Always hate sifting through bogus reviews.

All Star

Post by All Star » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 am

walkerbait wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm
All Star wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm
It is SO bad, and most people don't realize it. I own a company that sells on amazon, and it's difficult to compete because of all the fake reviews (I don't engage in anything like that).

To make matters more interesting, third party vendors can get Amazon to buy/sell their item directly. These items show up as ships from and sold from Amazon.com, but could be of garbage quality anyway.

I’m also banned from submitting reviews and have no idea why.