Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2019!

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
kjsammy

Re: Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2019!

Post by kjsammy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 am

May, 2019. Will be 65 that month.

Thought I would retire last fall but switched to part time until May.

2 bits

Post by 2 bits » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am

Congratulations to Tycoon and Inmydreams. And have a great week to David Jay and Cyclist.
I sometimes think that I am living the life of which my immigrant ancestors dreamed.

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm
On Retirement Permahold 8-)
TheTimeLord (class of 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019 . . to infinity and beyond! . . )

Please sign up if you wish to be included in this Fantabulous Class :D
Being the charter member of the Infinity Class is a high honor indeed.
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Miriam2 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm
Tycoon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 am
I worked my last day yesterday. So long Megacorp, hello happiness.
Congratulations Tycoon and best wishes for a long enjoyable retirement filled with wonderful new experiences :happy
And don't mess with Texas 8-)
Thank you.

Let the final journey begin. 8-)
Be still, sad heart! and cease repining; | Behind the clouds is the sun still shining; | Thy fate is the common fate of all, | Into each life some rain must fall, | Some days must be dark and dreary. | Longfellow

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm

2 bits wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am
Congratulations to Tycoon and Inmydreams. And have a great week to David Jay and Cyclist.
Thank you.
Be still, sad heart! and cease repining; | Behind the clouds is the sun still shining; | Thy fate is the common fate of all, | Into each life some rain must fall, | Some days must be dark and dreary. | Longfellow

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:15 pm

kjsammy wrote: May, 2019. Will be 65 that month.

Thought I would retire last fall but switched to part time until May.
Ok good, let us know your R-date and we'll log you into the 2019 Roll Call Class :happy

Any plans for retirement? How about the Bogleheads Conference in October?

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 pm

TheTimeLord wrote:
Miriam2 wrote: On Retirement Permahold 8-)
TheTimeLord (class of 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019 . . to infinity and beyond! . . )

Please sign up if you wish to be included in this Fantabulous Class :D
Being the charter member of the Infinity Class is a high honor indeed.
The Infinity Class! And our very own TimeLord as our Charter Member 8-)

Vagabondette

Post by Vagabondette » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi Everyone! Long time lurker here, posting for the first time to join the 2019 retirement roll call! My target last day of work is May 10, and I’ll be 44. My husband is retiring a couple of weeks before me, and will be 52. We have an amazing early retirement plan and I am (literally) counting the days until we are there. We are selling our house and will be traveling the world in an overland truck for the next three-ish years, along with our four year old son and our awesome Rhodesian Ridgeback dog. In our first year we are going up the west coast all the way to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean, and then we’ll ship to Colombia and go all through South America. After that, TBD! It’s going to be an incredible adventure and we could not be more excited for our family retirement adventure. Thanks to this board for years of good financial advice that helped make our retirement dream happen! T minus 117 days....

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Vagabondette wrote: Hi Everyone! Long time lurker here, posting for the first time to join the 2019 retirement roll call! My target last day of work is May 10, and I’ll be 44. My husband is retiring a couple of weeks before me, and will be 52. We have an amazing early retirement plan and I am (literally) counting the days until we are there. We are selling our house and will be traveling the world in an overland truck for the next three-ish years, along with our four year old son and our awesome Rhodesian Ridgeback dog. In our first year we are going up the west coast all the way to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean, and then we’ll ship to Colombia and go all through South America. After that, TBD! It’s going to be an incredible adventure and we could not be more excited for our family retirement adventure. Thanks to this board for years of good financial advice that helped make our retirement dream happen! T minus 117 days....
Hi Vagabondette and welcome to the Bogleheads! and welcome to this very prestigious Retirement Roll Call :D

Now . . . about your retirement plans :shock:

Here is a photo of Tuktoyaktuk - your first goal up the west coast to the Arctic Ocean 8-)

Without question, you will take the prize for the Most Adventurous Boglehead Retirement Plan :beer - even our founding Retirement Roll Call mother, VictoriaF, does not venture out in her outlandish retirement adventures to the Arctic Circle in an overland truck with a Rhodesian Ridgeback (although I will admit, they are awesome dogs and she probably should have had one with her, and no question that 4-year-old sons are awesome kids :D

We share your enthusiasm for this adventurous retirement plan and wish you best of travels with the wind at your back and the open road ahead of you :sharebeer

Vagabondette

Post by Vagabondette » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Thank you for the very warm welcome! I would post a pic of our truck but it doesn't look like I can. It's a beast! :D

David Jay

Post by David Jay » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

Vagabondette wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:21 pm
I would post a pic of our truck but it doesn't look like I can. It's a beast! :D
You have to host the picture somewhere else (your dropbox, imgBB, etc.) and insert the link here.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius

JonnyBeRetired

Post by JonnyBeRetired » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi all! My DW introduced me to this wonderful site nearly three years ago with a simple ‘Here, you might like this’. Ever since I’ve been immersed in reading (and re-reading) posts and wikis on allocation, simplification, tax efficient placement, conversion strategies, withdrawal strategies, and more - simply an amazing wealth of information and all generously shared. I’ve found it to be enormously helpful and reassuring as I moved toward my retirement date. Thank you all!

My last day was January 9th after 34 years with the same firm. Age 56.
Jon

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Tycoon wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:
Tycoon wrote: I worked my last day yesterday. So long Megacorp, hello happiness.
Congratulations Tycoon and best wishes for a long enjoyable retirement filled with wonderful new experiences :happy
Thank you.
Tycoon - what happened to Texas?? :shock: :shock:

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:38 pm

JonnyBeRetired wrote: Hi all! My DW introduced me to this wonderful site nearly three years ago with a simple ‘Here, you might like this’. Ever since I’ve been immersed in reading (and re-reading) posts and wikis on allocation, simplification, tax efficient placement, conversion strategies, withdrawal strategies, and more - simply an amazing wealth of information and all generously shared. I’ve found it to be enormously helpful and reassuring as I moved toward my retirement date. Thank you all!
JonnyBeRetired - Welcome to the Retirement Roll Call! Yes, finding this wonderful site has been enormously helpful and reassuring for all of us as we move through our financial lives toward retirement :happy We also learn how to trap mice in the attic, cook oatmeal with Dr. Pepper, and whiten our teeth :mrgreen:
JonnyBeRetired wrote: My last day was January 9th after 34 years with the same firm. Age 56.
Congratulations! That's impressive, 34 years with the same firm. Must give you a good feeling of work well done and now no regrets as you move into the next phase of your life. You're on this Highly Acclaimed Retirement Roll Call - and so far, at age 56, you're our youngest retiree 8-) What are your plans?

JonnyBeRetired

Post by JonnyBeRetired » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 pm

[quote=Miriam2 post_id=4332711 time=1548016711 user_id=57949
...so far, at age 56, you're our youngest retiree 8-) What are your plans?
[/quote]

Looks like Vagabondette has me beat on both age and adventure. My plans are to spend more time with my parents (who are in their eighties), take road trips to visit national parks and relatives, weed through the dozens of volunteer opportunities in my area and find a couple that fit, and I’ve signed up for a course at a local college that starts tomorrow. All that plus a list as long as my arm for things that need to get done around the house. Oh - and we rented a plot at the community garden for the first time.
Jon

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Miriam2 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Tycoon wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:
Tycoon wrote: I worked my last day yesterday. So long Megacorp, hello happiness.
Thank you.
I went into mourning after Mr. Bogle's passing. That man saved me A LOT of money.

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Tycoon wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:29 pm
Miriam2 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Tycoon wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:
Thank you.
I went into mourning after Mr. Bogle's passing. That man saved me A LOT of money.
We understand :( :(

Edit - Mr. Bogle would be delighted with your new Texas avatar :happy
I like your Longfellow poem - emotionally on-target :)
Last edited by Miriam2 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Congratulations to David Jay who is retired!

nesdog

Post by nesdog » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Last August, I posted that I had just spoken with our CFO, letting her know I would be retiring in June 2019. "Ten months to go!" I wrote.
This past week, I informed my 10 member team of this news, which I was asked to keep under wraps until now. Yesterday, the entire organization got a really nice tribute letter also telling staff about it. Really touching.

The job posting for my replacement goes out Feb 1. Will nail down an exact retirement date mid April. If I haven't used all personal days by then, I can knock a couple of days off. I have pretty good vacation day balance as well so might take one or two to be done around June 21st....first days of summer! The rest will come to me as payroll check.

Now....Five months to go!

David Jay

Post by David Jay » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Dottie57 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 pm
Thanks, just trying to keep up with other ex-programmers who retired LAST year.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius

Barsoom

Post by Barsoom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:22 pm

My plan is to retire in July 2019.

I'll be 60, with 38 years of service at Megacorp.

-B

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 am

Well my target date to tell my company is March 4th. I'm going public here to keep myself accountable. Some days I feel like I'm going to chicken out but most days I'm 95% convinced it's the right decision and the right time. Still very unnerving.

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:49 am

David Jay wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:18 pm
Dottie57 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 pm
Thanks, just trying to keep up with other ex-programmers who retired LAST year.
Congratulations to you, David Jay.

TravelforFun

David Jay

Post by David Jay » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Spindrift wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 am
Well my target date to tell my company is March 4th. I'm going public here to keep myself accountable. Some days I feel like I'm going to chicken out but most days I'm 95% convinced it's the right decision and the right time. Still very unnerving.
Yeah, mixed feelings too: excitement and relief

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:46 pm

nesdog wrote: Last August, I posted that I had just spoken with our CFO, letting her know I would be retiring in June 2019. "Ten months to go!" I wrote. This past week, I informed my 10 member team of this news, which I was asked to keep under wraps until now. Yesterday, the entire organization got a really nice tribute letter also telling staff about it. Really touching.
Very nice! A nice retirement glidepath at one's employment means so much to everyone - you the retiree, and all your co-workers who can share your milestone and look forward to their own retirement milestone.
nesdog wrote:The job posting for my replacement goes out Feb 1.
Won't happen - you're irreplaceable.
nesdog wrote:Will nail down an exact retirement date mid April. If I haven't used all personal days by then, I can knock a couple of days off. I have pretty good vacation day balance as well so might take one or two to be done around June 21st....first days of summer! The rest will come to me as payroll check.
Now....Five months to go!
And what a summer vacation that will be! Keep us posted with your R-date :D

oldmotos

Post by oldmotos » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:06 pm

My plan is to retire in April, 2019 at age 64. Over 45 years with the same company. Started as a welder with plans to just stay one year but was moved into sales and management and never left. The company paid for my college but that took over 20 years to complete! The one employee who has been there longer is retiring the month before I do. I have a couple of side businesses and several hobbies so not worried about keeping busy.

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:48 pm

JonnyBeRetired wrote:
Miriam2 wrote:...so far, at age 56, you're our youngest retiree 8-) What are your plans?
Looks like Vagabondette has me beat on both age and adventure.
Yes, thanks for the age correction - and she has everyone beat on adventure 8-)
JonnyBeRetired wrote:My plans are to spend more time with my parents (who are in their eighties), take road trips to visit national parks and relatives, weed through the dozens of volunteer opportunities in my area and find a couple that fit, and I’ve signed up for a course at a local college that starts tomorrow. All that plus a list as long as my arm for things that need to get done around the house. Oh - and we rented a plot at the community garden for the first time.
Great plans for a long and enjoyable retirement :happy

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Barsoom wrote: My plan is to retire in July 2019.
I'll be 60, with 38 years of service at Megacorp.
-B
Congratulations Barsoom and welcome to the Retirement Roll Call :D

With 38 years of service at Megacorp, it must be an emotional roller coaster to retire and leave your second home. Let us know your R-date and we'd enjoy hearing how you plan your emotional glidepath to retirement 8-)

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Spindrift wrote: Well my target date to tell my company is March 4th. I'm going public here to keep myself accountable. Some days I feel like I'm going to chicken out but most days I'm 95% convinced it's the right decision and the right time. Still very unnerving.
"Unnerving" - but maybe time to enjoy the rest of your life :happy

Here are other threads grappling with the same angst -
One more year {to retire}
One more year reflection
Anyone disenchanted with retirement?

And Taylor's wisdom, about retiring at age 57:
Taylor wrote:

I retired 36 years ago at the age of 57. Unquestionably one of the best decisions of my life.

What's not to like when I can wake up each morning at any time I want, to do whatever I want, including conversations with my Boglehead friends such as this.

It's a beautiful life . . .

Best wishes,
Taylor
Taylor Larimore, now 95 years young 8-)

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Awesome post. Thank you Miriam2!!

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:19 pm

oldmotos wrote: My plan is to retire in April, 2019 at age 64. Over 45 years with the same company. Started as a welder with plans to just stay one year but was moved into sales and management and never left. The company paid for my college but that took over 20 years to complete! The one employee who has been there longer is retiring the month before I do. I have a couple of side businesses and several hobbies so not worried about keeping busy.
Oh my, what a neat retirement story! Just to think - you started as a welder probably before you could drink :beer So nice you found a great company that made for a nice working life.

Now time to move on and begin the next phase of your life :happy Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and best wishes for wonderful experiences and memories it will bring.

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Here is the latest Roll Call for our Fabulous Retirement Class of 2019 :D

We already have 13 graduates!

:arrow: Congratulations Graduates!!
01 Jan - Tzoellner (60)
02 Jan - bhsince87
05 Jan - Canoesmith
09 Jan - JonnyBeRetired (56) <<== Welcome to the Class!!
11 Jan - Tycoon
12 Jan - InMyDreams
15 Jan - David Jay (62)
15 Jan - cyclist (62)
__ Jan - doneat53
__ Jan - Osprey
__ Jan - cogitan
01 Feb - dskelcy (62)
15 Feb - falconsfan (60) <<== Welcome to the Class!!

:!: Upcoming Graduates!!
29 Mar - Xelah (58)
__ Mar - Kcr8n (60)

30 Apr - BoomXer (61)
__ Apr - kacang
__ Apr - oldmotos (64) <<== Welcome to the Class!!

10 May - Vagabondette (44) <<== Welcome to the Class!!
31 May - dknightd
__ May - kjsammy (65) <<== Welcome to the Class!!
__ May - saddle_tramp <<== Welcome to the Class!!

21 Jun - nesdog (65)
__ Jun - Luv2Perform
__ Jun - psrobinson (67)

01 Jul - walterbird
01 Jul - lacseul (67)
04 Jul - jamacq
31 Jul - Castanea_d (mid-60's)
__ Jul - MROCTOBER (62)
__ Jul - Barsoom (60) <<== Welcome to the Class!!

__ Aug - TravelforFun (67) <<== Welcome to the Class!!
__ Aug - spearo
__ Aug - 3504PIR
__ Aug - mike_slc

27 Sep - dccboone (62)
__ Sep - Barefootgirl

21 Nov - chevre (69)

31 Dec - ClaycordJCA (60)
__ ___ - bluelight (62 ?)
__ ___ - Spindrift (57)

8-) The Infinity Retirement Class

Sign up if you wish to be included in this Highly Esteemed Class - you will receive this awesome bumper sticker for your car :D

Last edited by Miriam2 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Just started the one-day-a-week schedule :D

Fully funded my 2019 HSA before the change.

Enjoying sleeping in in the mornings :)

saddle_tramp

Post by saddle_tramp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:46 pm

:beer Time to ride off into the sunset after a 40+ year career. Will be joining this class in May. Many thanks to Mr. Bogle's "Little Book of Common Sense Investing" which I discovered in the late 1990s for getting me seriously on to the road of retirement saving and investing. :beer

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:08 pm

saddle_tramp wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:46 pm
:beer Time to ride off into the sunset after a 40+ year career. Will be joining this class in May. Many thanks to Mr. Bogle's "Little Book of Common Sense Investing" which I discovered in the late 1990s for getting me seriously on to the road of retirement saving and investing. :beer
Congratulations Saddle_tramp and welcome to the Bogleheads! You're included on this Roll Call. Let us know your R-date and age if you choose.

You can ride off into the sunset after a 40+ year career, but if you ride far enough, you'll be back around to sunrise and the beginning of your new retirement life - unless of course the world is really flat, and if so, please let us know :mrgreen:

I re-read "The Little Book of Common Sense Investing" every so often -I just find that little book so well written and so compelling. And fortunately for you, it's a little book, fits right into your saddle bags 8-)

saddle_tramp

Post by saddle_tramp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 pm

That's the thing about my life seems the landscape is always changing so no worries about the world being flat. Riden both the high mesas and the low valleys, change is a constant companion. Original retirement plans were shot all to hell when the Mrs was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. Laid her to rest last November so I am faced with a changing landscape once again. So with no more illness related expenses and at age 67 it is time for me to start the next chapter in life, retirement. I'll have a better idea of date as May rolls around. Working a shortened work week and using up accrued vacation until then.

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Miriam2, put me down for August 16 please (age 67).

TravelforFun

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm

TravelforFun wrote: Miriam2, put me down for August 16 please (age 67).

TravelforFun
Very happy to include you on the list, TravelforFun :happy Where is your first retirement destination?

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:58 pm

saddle_tramp wrote: That's the thing about my life seems the landscape is always changing so no worries about the world being flat. Riden both the high mesas and the low valleys, change is a constant companion. Original retirement plans were shot all to hell when the Mrs was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. Laid her to rest last November so I am faced with a changing landscape once again. So with no more illness related expenses and at age 67 it is time for me to start the next chapter in life, retirement. I'll have a better idea of date as May rolls around. Working a shortened work week and using up accrued vacation until then.
Dear Saddle_tramp - Very personal and profound post and we extend our sympathies to you on your wife's passing. :(

Here is an absolutely incredible video of Art Garfunkle singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" at the 1981 Concert in Central Park - it is my go-to emotional support, soulful and uplifting, divine . . .

"When you're weary,
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes . . . "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcwRt6J32o

We hope this next chapter of your life "sails on by" and gives you great pleasure :happy

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:52 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm
TravelforFun wrote: Miriam2, put me down for August 16 please (age 67).

TravelforFun
Very happy to include you on the list, TravelforFun :happy Where is your first retirement destination?
Going back to Italy and Spain for a couple of weeks.

TravelforFun

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm
Vagabondette wrote: Hi Everyone! Long time lurker here, posting for the first time to join the 2019 retirement roll call! My target last day of work is May 10, and I’ll be 44. My husband is retiring a couple of weeks before me, and will be 52. We have an amazing early retirement plan and I am (literally) counting the days until we are there. We are selling our house and will be traveling the world in an overland truck for the next three-ish years, along with our four year old son and our awesome Rhodesian Ridgeback dog. In our first year we are going up the west coast all the way to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean, and then we’ll ship to Colombia and go all through South America. After that, TBD! It’s going to be an incredible adventure and we could not be more excited for our family retirement adventure. Thanks to this board for years of good financial advice that helped make our retirement dream happen! T minus 117 days....
Hi Vagabondette and welcome to the Bogleheads! and welcome to this very prestigious Retirement Roll Call :D

Now . . . about your retirement plans :shock:

Here is a photo of Tuktoyaktuk - your first goal up the west coast to the Arctic Ocean 8-)

Without question, you will take the prize for the Most Adventurous Boglehead Retirement Plan :beer - even our founding Retirement Roll Call mother, VictoriaF, does not venture out in her outlandish retirement adventures to the Arctic Circle in an overland truck with a Rhodesian Ridgeback (although I will admit, they are awesome dogs and she probably should have had one with her, and no question that 4-year-old sons are awesome kids :D

We share your enthusiasm for this adventurous retirement plan and wish you best of travels with the wind at your back and the open road ahead of you :sharebeer
Hi Vagabondette,

Best wishes for your adventures! Please come back and share with us your retirement life.

Hi Miriam,

I like how you run the Bogleheads Retirement Classes. You are providing an important service to the community showing many faces of retirement and role models for current and future retirees. Now, I have to think about Tuktoyaktuk 8-) .

Thank you!

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:03 pm

VictoriaF wrote: . . . Now, I have to think about Tuktoyaktuk 8-) . . .
Victoria
Yikes!! I knew it - there she goes, off on another wild retirement adventure :shock: :D

falconsfan

Post by falconsfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Retiring Friday Feb the 15th! 37 years with one company, hard to believe it's been that long. Going to decompress, travel and spend time with the kids and grand kids. 60 and 58 so we hope to enjoy a long retirement. Great community here and it has helped me fire our advisor and narrow down our portfolio funds.

Topic Author
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:54 pm

falconsfan wrote: Retiring Friday Feb the 15th! 37 years with one company, hard to believe it's been that long. Going to decompress, travel and spend time with the kids and grand kids. 60 and 58 so we hope to enjoy a long retirement. Great community here and it has helped me fire our advisor and narrow down our portfolio funds.
Awesome! - 37 years with one company, tearful but grateful good-byes, and now you can enjoy your retirement life :happy

As our friend cfs says - stay mentally and physically active 8-) Well, you'll stay physically active chasing your grand kids around, lol - and you'll stay mentally active if you read our great Bogleheads forum everyday, especially the threads debating factor funds, small cap value tilts, market beta, momentum, and negatively correlated factors - - that'll keep your brain cells fired up :mrgreen:

Welcome to The Active Retired Force 🎉

dccboone

Post by dccboone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Congratulations falconsfan! Here's hoping you have a long and very happy retirement.