Leave negative eBay feedback for item not received?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
markfaix

Leave negative eBay feedback for item not received?

Post by markfaix » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:15 pm

I purchased an item on eBay in December. The seller never sent notification of shipment and didn't respond to my messages. I filed a case with eBay and got my money back.

Should I also post a negative feedback? In the one other time I posted a negative feedback for failure to deliver the item, the seller retaliated and left me a negative feedback full of lies.

Watty

Re: Leave negative eBay feedback for item not received?

Post by Watty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm

That must have been a long time ago. I don't think sellers have been able to leave a buyer negative feedback for a long time now, which is one of the problems with eBay.

I would leave the negative feedback, but not rant in the comments. Just say something like "Item was never shipped, selled did not respond to messages."

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Watty wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
That must have been a long time ago. I don't think sellers have been able to leave a buyer negative feedback for a long time now, which is one of the problems with eBay.
+1 I am a seller and it has been years since that was allowed - at least 5.

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

markfaix wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:15 pm
I purchased an item on eBay in December. The seller never sent notification of shipment and didn't respond to my messages. I filed a case with eBay and got my money back.

Should I also post a negative feedback? In the one other time I posted a negative feedback for failure to deliver the item, the seller retaliated and left me a negative feedback full of lies.
I am a seller and usually don't like when negative feedback is given, but in this case, it feels justified.

A simple, "Item never shipped, seller did not respond" would suffice with the negative.

RudyS

Post by RudyS » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm

runner3081 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Watty wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
+1 I am a seller and it has been years since that was allowed - at least 5.
+1. Been a long time.

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm

similar issue last year on an item- sellers ad stated very explicitly they dropship w/in 24 hours, once I ordered, the item wasn't shipped for at least 5-6 days. Normally not an issue but it was an item I needed for a trip. It arrived over a week after I left. Seller was an arse about it.

I didn't leave feedback as I didn't want a disgruntled seller then leaving bad feedback on me. I wasn't aware they couldn't.

legio XX

Post by legio XX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 pm

runner3081 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm
. . . A simple, "Item never shipped, seller did not respond" would suffice with the negative.
I've been selling a bit on eBay since y2k+1. Even when sellers could leave negative feedback for buyers I found a cool, factual - and brief - statement did no harm.

BTW, with non-shipment or shipment of something materially different from what was offered eBay is good with giving refunds. "eBay refunded," is a pretty good indicator that you had a reason to be POed. If you didn't do it already, report the non-shipment and get your $$ back! Leave accurate feedback and help others avoid an incompetent or dishonest seller.

I've left neutral feedback - e.g., the item differed materially from the description but was worth keeping - and eBay asked if I wanted a refund. Get your $$ back and then buy from better sellers.

Topic Author
markfaix

Post by markfaix » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks all! I didn't realize sellers can't leave neg feedback. I left neg feedback for the seller.