TurboTax forms should all be available as of 1/25/19

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
RickBoglehead

TurboTax forms should all be available as of 1/25/19

Post by RickBoglehead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 am

Figured others may want to know. Of course most brokerage paperwork won't be available until mid-February anyway.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intu ... idual.html
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

Iorek

Re: TurboTax forms should all be available as of 1/25/19

Post by Iorek » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 am

I was thinking the other day that one difference between a "mutual fund" account and a "brokerage" account at Vanguard is that Vanguard gets an extra month to give you a 1099.

Alan S.

Re: TurboTax forms should all be available as of 1/25/19

Post by Alan S. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:28 am

I wouldn't count on all these "expected" availability dates to be met by the IRS, given the shutdown and TCJA required changes, as last year there were a few forms that were late (8606 as I recall was one of them) without a shutdown and prior to the major changes due to the TCJA.

Tax program vendors are quite efficient once the IRS releases the forms. The IRS, not so much. They do not seem to get form revisions started early enough in the year. Perhaps the shutdown will provide an incentive to get started earlier for 2019, just in case.