Best investing/financial/tax advice podcasts in 2019?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
seadreamer

Best investing/financial/tax advice podcasts in 2019?

Post by seadreamer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi all,

What investing/financial/tax advice podcasts do you listen to? I seem to have more time to listen then I have time to read.

Thanks!

Island John

Re: Best investing/financial/tax advice podcasts in 2019?

Post by Island John » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I like Rob Berger's Dough Roller Money Podcast. You can download or listen to past episodes here: https://www.doughroller.net/thepodcast/

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Post by Taylor Larimore » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm

seadreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 pm
Hi all,

What investing/financial/tax advice podcasts do you listen to? I seem to have more time to listen then I have time to read.

Thanks!
seadreamer:

In my opinion, the best financial podcasts are right here on the Bogleheads Forum:

viewtopic.php?p=4308414#p4307477

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle

travelogue

Post by travelogue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm

• Boglehead On Investing Podcast
  • Bigger Pockets Money (just found this -- good FI inspiration. Listening through the back catalog now. Like it.)
  • Vanguard's The Planner and The Geek (a bit chatty but good info -- possibly defunct?)
  • Vanguard: Investment Commentary
  • Paul Merriman Sound Investing
  • Dough Roller

librarianaire

Post by librarianaire » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am

I listen to a lot of podcasts: I’ve probably averaged about 100 episodes per month for the last few years. In general, I’m least interested in unscripted, lightly edited conversation, either among the hosts or between a host and a guest.

One of the few exceptions is Animal Spirits, a podcast by two employees of Ritholtz Wealth Management, Micheal Batnick and Ben Carlson. The hosts have good chemistry, and they’re efficient with the amount of time they spend on each topic and about editing out tangents. They remind me of my younger self, if that younger self were a more sophisticated investor than even my current self. Personally, I skip over the portion at the end of the show in which they recommend books, movies, and television shows.

Another exception is the already mentioned Bogleheads on Investing, hosted by Rick Ferri. The guests have been outstanding, and they’re clearly comfortable with Ferri. I wish the audio were better, and the shows were a bit shorter and the conversations more actively edited. I’m pretty sure I’d like this show twice as much if each episode were half as long.

My favorite podcast in this category is a behavioral economics podcast by Charles Schwab, Choiceology with Katy Milkman. The first season, hosted by Dan Heath, was very good, and the second season, with Milkman as host, is even better. Once you get the basics of Boglehead-style investing, the real challenge is behavioral: staying the course. The interesting, well edited stories in Choiceology help with that challenge.
“Our own experience provides the basic material for our imagination, whose range is therefore limited.” Thomas Nagel, What is it like to be a bat?