Need hotel near LAX

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Gort

Need hotel near LAX

Post by Gort » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 am

Friends,
Can you suggest a clean, quiet, reasonably priced hotel close to LAX with airport shuttle service. One night stay.
Thanks,
Gort

quantAndHold

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by quantAndHold » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 am

We used the Quality Inn a couple of times. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

GuyInFL

Post by GuyInFL » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 am

Check Hotwire.com and select 4 * and LAX area.

02nz

Post by 02nz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 am

The Hyatt Place in El Segundo is very very good. It's the new design, sleek, quiet (very well insulated from aircraft noise), comfortable. Rates vary a lot depending on demand.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am

Red Lion - so so. Stayed there twice. Security iffy. Will not stay there again.

Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am

Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
Good to hear. I have a room booked there in a couple weeks.

Jordan4FI

Post by Jordan4FI » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am

There are plenty within walking distance...

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm

lthenderson wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
Fletch wrote:
Good to hear. I have a room booked there in a couple weeks.
Let me know how you think it is now. I might be going there in a few months. Hope you have a good stay.
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

mindgap

Post by mindgap » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Custom Hotel. My parents stayed there and seems to be ok.

itaos

Post by itaos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I second the suggestion for Hyatt Place in El Segundo

SixAlpha

Post by SixAlpha » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:13 pm

I've stayed at both the Four Points and the Westin. I enjoyed both. Keep in mind that LAX has a really funky shared shuttle system for hotels. 3-4 hotels will share the same shuttle, and the guests at the hotel at the end of the line are often frustrated by full busses. Worth checking reviews to see if this is an issue at the hotel you're interested in.

Nearly A Moose

Post by Nearly A Moose » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 pm

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard right by the airport when I had an early morning flight back. A bit pricey compared to your typical Courtyard, but modern, clean, large and nice room, and there’s a bar and I think a restaurant onsite. There’s a Hyatt something or other right next to it that’s probably comparable. It looked like you could walk to the airport from there, but it was late when I got there, early when I left, and I couldn’t easily figure it out. It probably would have been faster than the cab. No offense to folks in LA, but I can’t stand traveling there. To each his own, fortunately.
Pardon typos, I'm probably using my fat thumbs on a tiny phone.

NoMad18

Post by NoMad18 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 am

Fletch wrote:
Red Lion - so so. Stayed there twice. Security iffy. Will not stay there again.

+1 on the Marriott!

JoMoney

Post by JoMoney » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 am

"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham