Irish domiciled version of BND/VTI/VXUS lazy portfolio

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
wiserabbit

Irish domiciled version of BND/VTI/VXUS lazy portfolio

Post by wiserabbit »

Hi Bogleheads,

I find BND/VTI/VXUS portfolio appealing. However, as non US resident, I lean towards Irish accumulating ETFs rather than US distributing ones. Any suggestions on how to build the above or similar portfolio with Irish accumulating ETFs?

I failed to find clear answer to this question asked 3 years ago: viewtopic.php?t=161889. Maybe things changed since then?

Thanks!
TedSwippet

Re: Irish domiciled version of BND/VTI/VXUS lazy portfolio

Post by TedSwippet »

wiserabbit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 amI find BND/VTI/VXUS portfolio appealing. However, as non US resident, I lean towards Irish accumulating ETFs rather than US distributing ones.
The wiki now offers a couple of sample portfolios using Ireland-domiciled ETFs, including one made up of accumulating ETFs.

You did not say which country you live in, but although these are under the "EU investing" part of the wiki the sample portfolios should work equally well for investors living outside the EU and in countries with no US tax treaty coverage, provided they can open a brokerage account offering trading on the relevant exchanges (for example, London or Euronext).
Topic Author
wiserabbit

Post by wiserabbit »

Thank you!
galeno

Post by galeno »

For equities use VWRD. For bonds use SUAG. KISS. X% VT + Y% SUAG.

If you want to mirror USA Vanguard's VT use 88.5% VWRD + 12.5% WSML.

Instead of SUAG (ER=0.25%) we use 33% VDCP + 33% VDTY + 25% ITPS + 9% CASH (ER=0.14%) as our FI allocation.
KISS & STC.