Bluetooth alarm clock with temperature?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Lemonaid56

Bluetooth alarm clock with temperature?

Post by Lemonaid56 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm

I am looking for an alarm clock that I can Bluetooth link to my cell for sound and will display outdoor temperature. And maybe charge my cell also.
Anyone have any experience with that?
Searched Amazon and Walmart but the few clocks they offer with those features look cheap, maybe some unheard of Asian name that all come from the same factory? Any quality clocks for the bedroom out there?>

goblue100

Re: Bluetooth alarm clock with temperature?

Post by goblue100 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 pm

I don't know of any that do it through Bluetooth. Most have a wireless remote that goes outside and then transmits data back to the base unit. I think that is how this one works:
https://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technolog ... larm+clock

I have an Emerson Smartset alarm clock that I look a lot, but it doesn't appear to do temperature. I do have a separate
outdoor thermometer that works as the one above and it works well. Battery lasts almost 2 years.
Can't take it with you when you're gone | But I want enough to get there on - Rollin with the flow - Jerry Hayes

eddot98

Post by eddot98 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Try this, it’s a Google Assistant alarm clock, Bluetooth enabled, with a usb charging outlet.

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS ... -B/5865801

It doesn’t display the temperature, but you can just ask the google assistant what the temperature is outside, plus a million other things. It does everything else that you asked for. It goes on sale periodically. I got one for $25 and another for $20. Mine works very well.

There is also a portable version for more money, but I didn’t need one and have no experience with it.

rgramma

Post by rgramma » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:08 am

Get an Amazon Echo Spot. The screen can be set to show temperature, and you can always ask Alexa at any time for the temperature.