Fine Dining Cape Cod

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
fishmonger

Fine Dining Cape Cod

Post by fishmonger » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Wife and I have our 10 year anniversary next week and are going to the Cape for the long weekend. I've been travelling to the Cape every summer since before I could walk so I know it well.

We love to eat and drink, but generally hit up casual spots, beach bars, etc. We've been to plenty of good to very good spots - The Impudent Oyster, Old Yarmouth Inn, Del Mar Bistro and others.

I'm wondering if the board has any recommendations for exceptional spots that are a cut above? About 15 years ago I used to deliver fish to Chillingsworth in Brewster - they had an outstanding reputation then and were FANATICAL about the freshness of what we sold them. I was surprised to see their reviews are not that great. Although to be fair, most folks hit them on the price of the meal. Cost is not an issue for us.

We'll be staying in Dennis but would be willing to drive to either end of the Cape, Falmouth, etc.

Thegame14

Re: Fine Dining Cape Cod

Post by Thegame14 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Italian food - Mezza -Luna in Buzzards Bay
Mexican Food - Casa Vallarta - East Falmouth.

But we don't like to spend a lot on food, so these might be a little underwhelming if you are used to a higher price point.

Chatham Wine Bar and Restaurant gets great reviews....

wilked

Post by wilked » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Two good options that fit what you are asking:

Ocean House - amazing views, great food. Reservations can be tough, may not be an option
Clean Slate Eatery - Get the tasting menu. Food is unsurpassed on the Cape

jodydavis

Post by jodydavis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Twenty-Eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Resort is very good, and definitely qualifies as fine dining.

Topic Author
fishmonger

Post by fishmonger » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:07 pm

wilked wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:59 pm
Two good options that fit what you are asking:

Ocean House - amazing views, great food. Reservations can be tough, may not be an option
Clean Slate Eatery - Get the tasting menu. Food is unsurpassed on the Cape
Had been to Ocean House once before years ago and was underwhelmed, but would certainly try again. Clean Slate was a place I wanted to try, thanks for the rec!

depressed

Post by depressed » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:42 pm

If I were your spouse, I would say "Rent a nice cottage with a kitchen, and we'll cook in with fresh seafood." Does fresh seafood exist this time of year?

chw

Post by chw » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Marshside in Dennis is great with nice views of the marsh adjacent to Sesuit harbor. Ask for table adjacent to one of the Windows.

tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:05 pm

You might try this site:

www.opentable.com
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.

blackburnian

Post by blackburnian » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm

PB Boulangerie, in S. Wellfleet, has stupendous croissants and other pastries (some of the best I have had outside Paris).

I have eaten at Brewster Fish House & liked it; but that was several years ago.

eugenem

Post by eugenem » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:29 pm

chw wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 pm
Marshside in Dennis is great with nice views of the marsh adjacent to Sesuit harbor. Ask for table adjacent to one of the Windows.
Another vote for Marshside in Dennis. My wife and I love this place.

flarf

Post by flarf » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:41 pm

I smiled at the Casa Vallarta mention. We call it "Family Mexican" because that's the most prominent part of the sign out front (and because our 4- and 1-year old love it there).

Across the street from Casa Vallarta is C Salt, which I would wholeheartedly recommend if you will be near Falmouth. The swordfish chop is excellent. It's a tough reservation during the summer but should be a bit easier now -- just be forewarned they have high-top tables as well, so try to avoid one of those when calling.

Salty5428

Post by Salty5428 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Fishmonger
We dine on the Cape often-
We suggest one of several restaurants. Number one would be the Glass Onion in Falmouth. Also C- Salt in Falmouth.

Also good, not as upscale is Fishermans View in Sandwich

Enjoy!

flarf

Post by flarf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:08 am

Another idea -- take the fast ferry to Nantucket for a day. There are some amazing restaurants there. Toppers at the Wauwinet would be my top pick, but on the other side of the island from town. The Galley is a short walk from town and also very good.

Same day tickets on the fast ferry are pretty cheap during the week too. One hour each way from Hyannis.

sschullo

Post by sschullo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:16 am

I was just at Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago. Dined at the Lobster Trap: http://www.lobstertrap.net/
Public School K-12 Educators: "Ask NOT what your annuity sales person can do for you, ask what you can do to be a Do-It-Yourselfer (DIY)."

ArlinM

Post by ArlinM » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 pm

In P-Town, Napis or the Mews.
The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire