Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
benway

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by benway » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:27 am

I received the following communication upon logging into my Fidelity account this morning. Although I did make my complaint about Full View known, the message was not addressed to me specifically and may have been sent to all users--

We are diligently working to address customer concerns related to the recent Full View conversion, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Next Step
If you need more information about the new Full View features, please visit the “Help” link available in the upper right corner of each page of the tool.

For security purposes, relinking your accounts is a necessary step. If you need assistance, click “Help” at the upper right of the Home page, then “Link an Account,” which will guide you through the process. Please note that we are working to resolve additional relinking issues some users may be experiencing with certain sites.

If you are seeing duplicates of your accounts, please contact us via secure message on Fidelity.com, or by calling 800-343-3548 or your advisor, and we will provide assistance.

We are also exploring ways to make your previously accessible historical data available through the new Full View. We will keep you updated on our progress, and we thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these concerns.

Finally, a formal acknowledgement of the missteps.

Beckeresq

Post by Beckeresq » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:41 am

Kind of ironic, if your "Default" start page is Full View, you receive no indication of a Message from Fidelity.

To see if you have a Message, I went to "Accounts and Trades."

Nice integration of the website. :thumbsdown
Last edited by Beckeresq on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:23 pm

I lost all my links to internal Fidelity accounts the other day. Called the 800 number, CSR said to delete all of them then relink. I said I did the week before and lost my data, but was able to restore the transaction history after that happened. So after discussing this with the current CSR, I deleted the Fidelity files in Full View. Now I can't add or restore any of them I keep getting into this loop that says "We're unable to get the most recent account values." and tell me to hit the [Refresh] button but no Fidelity accounts are restored. Of course hitting the button just goes around in the same loop. :annoyed
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm

So I called the Fidelity 800 number, got a very nice CSR and I explained I was having trouble linking back my Fidelity accounts to Full View. He was very apologetic and said he knew there were problems and then said he was transferring me to that support team. Well I got a cryptic automated message that they were not available and hung up the phone. OK, I got online thinking I could send a secure email, pulled up the page for that, filled out the first drop down box for Topic then the page froze, I could not even enter the problem.

Wow.

jasc15

Post by jasc15 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

After not being able to link my Capital One 360 accounts, I was finally able to today. Previously I would just get a blank white page after selecting that bank, now a separate window comes up to validate access (check your pop-up blockers).

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:05 pm

jasc15 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm
After not being able to link my Capital One 360 accounts, I was finally able to today. Previously I would just get a blank white page after selecting that bank, now a separate window comes up to validate access (check your pop-up blockers).
I tried turning off my popup blocker but still get a blank page. I'm also still waiting for Fidelity to pull my history back into my cash management account they told me to delete because it wasn't linking correctly <rant off>

duffer

Post by duffer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm

To all, I would suggest waiting a month. For me, the slight convenience of Full View accounts aggregation is the least of the reasons for me to pick Fidelity for my investments. Their customer service, online information about investments and trades, and competitive products are the principal reasons. Full view just doesn't matter much to me--all that info also resides elsewhere with each account.

rolandtorres

Post by rolandtorres » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm not sure what Full View was like before, but I looked at the eMoney Full View and it wasn't as comprehensive compared to Personal Capital, which I believe has account aggregation powered by Yodlee like Full View apparently used to.

Does anyone using an advisor login to a client portal version of eMoney? How does Full View compare to that client portal?

MikeG62

Post by MikeG62 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am

Fullview (eMoney) seems to be behaving much better. Just logged in this morning and all the duplicate accounts are gone (from the Analysis section of their website). They added a reports tab. I am not saying it is 100% fixed (I still can't link my Barclay's account), but appears they have made significant improvements over the last couple of weeks.

I'd be interested in others impressions.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

student

Post by student » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

MikeG62 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am
Fullview (eMoney) seems to be behaving much better. Just logged in this morning and all the duplicate accounts are gone (from the Analysis section of their website). They added a reports tab. I am not saying it is 100% fixed (I still can't link my Barclay's account), but appears they have made significant improvements over the last couple of weeks.

Just the opposite here. It was fine before, now is not showing anything in the list.

student

Post by student » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

student wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am
MikeG62 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am

Just the opposite here. It was fine before, now is not showing anything in the list.
It is operating normally now.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Might be time to start taking a look.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

TheClash

Post by TheClash » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm

The new Full View impacted my Fidelity Retirement Score (+20 points). I can understand some movement, but that strikes me as a big jump.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I have used Yodlee ("Fidelity Full view") for over FIFTEEN YEARS.
I have put in DOZENS of Rules to make transactions automatically categorize themselves correctly.
I have customized the account names to fit my two businesses.
There are THOUSANDS of transactions that worked well this way.

Now Fidelity has THROWN OUT ALL MY WORK.

With NO WARNING.

I have never been angrier.

I TRUSTED YOU GUYS!

I can imagine some high-level executive saying "Well, eMoney looks better -- the data guys will figure out how to make it work ..."

Is there a way I can still get to my yodlee data?

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm

TheClash wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm
The new Full View impacted my Fidelity Retirement Score (+20 points). I can understand some movement, but that strikes me as a big jump.
OTOH, I cannot get Fidelity to update my retirement score no matter what I do. It's stuck on "as of March 2017".

mjl33

Post by mjl33 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

I still have duplicate transactions in my Fidelity checking account. I've had this problem for 3 weeks now. When they first went live the problem was missing transactions!!!

SeekingAPlan

Post by SeekingAPlan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm
TheClash wrote:
OTOH, I cannot get Fidelity to update my retirement score no matter what I do. It's stuck on "as of March 2017".
By any chance did you change your status to "retired"? The tool will no longer update your score if you do that. If you want to recalculate your score you must change you status back to still working.

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 pm

SeekingAPlan wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm
lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm
TheClash wrote:
By any chance did you change your status to "retired"? The tool will no longer update your score if you do that. If you want to recalculate your score you must change you status back to still working.
Yes I did. Seems like a dumb "feature" - I still want to know where we stand and if we need to make adjustments.

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 pm
SeekingAPlan wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes I did. Seems like a dumb "feature" - I still want to know where we stand and if we need to make adjustments.
And just like that, it updated. Thanks. Told it I was working until 65 - I do sports officiating (HS and younger) as a part-time retirement job.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:42 pm

1. still not able to get the Fidelity Elan card transactions into Full View. I can see them in cash management however.

2. also having problems linking Capital One Quicksilver, I get the blank screen when I try to add the account, popoff blocker is off.

3. still waiting to get transaction history into Full View from my cash managment accounts in Fidelity. External histories were reestablished.

mjl33

Post by mjl33 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 am

mjl33 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm
I still have duplicate transactions in my Fidelity checking account. I've had this problem for 3 weeks now. When they first went live the problem was missing transactions!!!
Question.

Have any of you deleted your Fidelity accounts in Full View and relinked them? What was the result; did it fix any issues? I have not done that yet.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 am

ono wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm
crefwatch wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
supersecretname wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:44 am
i was a yodlee moneycenter user, and migrated to fidelity when they shut it down. Not looking forward to re-adding all my accounts in yet another product.
FWIW, I'm not flogging it for anyone else, but it appears to me that Yodlee rebranded the Account Consolidation product as Money or Envestnet (" Yodlee, Inc. an Envestnet company") and my oldish account still works from this home page:

https://money.yodlee.com/pfm3/home
Thank you! I moved to Fidelity Full View around 2011 from Yodlee. I logged into new eMoney/Full View and fully 3/4 of my accounts are gone. I didn't see any email advising that they were going to make a change, or I would have exported. What a mess.

The few outside accounts that are showing have data from April, except the Fidelity account specifics.
I had customized the stock Yodlee categories, and had thousands of transactions that were categorized correctly.
They're all re-categorized in eMoney's standard way - so an enormous amount of my information is gone.
It gets worse: I had years of history in Yodlee. Now I seem to have nothing older than 18 months.

I trusted Fidelity. They have kicked the legs out from under me. I am moving my $350,000 of investments somewhere else.
I have never felt so betrayed.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 am

benway wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:40 pm
ono wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm
crefwatch wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
supersecretname wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:44 am
i was a yodlee moneycenter user, and migrated to fidelity when they shut it down. Not looking forward to re-adding all my accounts in yet another product.
FWIW, I'm not flogging it for anyone else, but it appears to me that Yodlee rebranded the Account Consolidation product as Money or Envestnet (" Yodlee, Inc. an Envestnet company") and my oldish account still works from this home page:

https://money.yodlee.com/pfm3/home
Thank you! I moved to Fidelity Full View around 2011 from Yodlee. I logged into new eMoney/Full View and fully 3/4 of my accounts are gone. I didn't see any email advising that they were going to make a change, or I would have exported. What a mess.

The few outside accounts that are showing have data from April, except the Fidelity account specifics.
I’ve been using Full View religiously to track expenses from many accounts. I was on it weekly assigning expenses to categories, splitting transactions, creating custom categories, etc. I received one email notice that the change was coming but no details about when and what to expect.

After I got set up in the new system, I discovered nothing from my previous work was retained. This was confirmed by a rep. I can understand that the change would require that some things are not carried over. However, Fidelity dropped the ball in a big way in my opinion by not giving me the courtesy of more detailed information about what to expect and how to prepare. I spent many, many hours updating and tracking my spending prior to the change and now it’s all been wiped away in the new Full View.
Exactly the same here.
I am furious. I trusted these guys.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:17 am

radiowave wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 pm
Apparently Fidelity changed the Category structure in Full View Transactions and this results in a substantial mismatch with old data therefore it reverts to Unclassified. Also, no way to put a memo on a transaction any more. This is not an upgrade, its a downgrade.
True that. Amazing that they would casually throw out the work of -- how many? thousands! - of customers.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:17 am

martyfl wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 am
Fidelity shouldn't be using customers to test their new Fullview program. All of the enhancements and testing should have been done before this poor new program and rollout. I used Fullview to check all transactions daily to see income, expenses and potential fraud in all my linked accounts. There is no total transactions report anymore and the one they now have under investments does not even identify the account where it came from. And they separated "banks" from investments. So you have to look at at least 2 reports now and you don't know what is going on. As someone else stated, this mess is a very poor reflection on Fidelity’s technology management and infrastructure. Makes you wonder what they really think of their customers….
I had customized the stock Yodlee categories, and had thousands of transactions that were categorized correctly.
They're all re-categorized in eMoney's standard way - so an enormous amount of my information is gone.
It gets worse: I had years of history in Yodlee. Now I seem to have nothing older than 18 months.

I trusted Fidelity. They have kicked the legs out from under me. I am moving my $350,000 of investments somewhere else.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:59 am

lmorris99 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:17 am
Be sure to get a transfer bonus.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:38 pm

lmorris99 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:17 am
radiowave wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 pm
Apparently Fidelity changed the Category structure in Full View Transactions and this results in a substantial mismatch with old data therefore it reverts to Unclassified. Also, no way to put a memo on a transaction any more. This is not an upgrade, its a downgrade.
True that. Amazing that they would casually throw out the work of -- how many? thousands! - of customers.
Actually I understand there are approx 100,000 Fidelity customers that have been using Full View.

finagle

Post by finagle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:36 pm

lmorris99 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:13 pm
I have used Yodlee ("Fidelity Full view") for over FIFTEEN YEARS.
I have put in DOZENS of Rules to make transactions automatically categorize themselves correctly.
I have customized the account names to fit my two businesses.
There are THOUSANDS of transactions that worked well this way.

Now Fidelity has THROWN OUT ALL MY WORK.

With NO WARNING.

I have never been angrier.

I TRUSTED YOU GUYS!

I can imagine some high-level executive saying "Well, eMoney looks better -- the data guys will figure out how to make it work ..."

Is there a way I can still get to my yodlee data?
And be sure to copy+paste your dramatic comments with Fido when you leave. Email Fudo customer service, use Fido's online comment form etc.

1 month after rollout and still not working right.

student

Post by student » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Is this the same as the one that this article was talking about? https://www.kitces.com/blog/fidelity-ac ... thrown-in/

cpumechanic

Post by cpumechanic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:06 pm

I am trying to use the new full view to understand monthly spend.
So far I see issues
For Example:
It summarizes all of the $ coming and going, so each credit card payment shows up 2x times, once as a debit from my bank account and then as a credit on the CC account as a credit transaction. Of course as long as the debit and credit are in the same month it zero's out. As long as the CC is linked and the credit shows up, it zero's out. The debit from my checking account "shows up" in the list of transactions automatically summarized, but the credit on my CC statement that zero's out the transaction DOES NOT show up in the list of transactions summarized. You have to download the transactions to see BOTH transactions (Debit and Credit) This adds confusion, and I don't like it, but I guess I can live with it. (Old system did not do it this way).

It is counting as "income" interest earned on IRA CD's from PenFed CU.
Of course this is not really " spendable income" since it stays in the IRA, and is not in any account I am actively using.
But new system includes this interest as "income" and the summary amount includes this income that is not really available to spend since it is in my IRA and I am not pulling from my IRA's for spend

The old system was excellent as summarizing $ SPENT, the new system is trying to summarize income AND spend, and I just want to understand my SPEND, I all ready fully understand my sources of spend (income) and don't want them MIXED.

I execute manufactured spend whereby I purchase gift cards , for free gas, then convert the gift cards to cash and put those dollars back into my checking account. The old system managed these transactions flawlessly, by flagging them as transfers, sub category MS... so far I cannot figure out how to manage these transactions without screwing up the system.
The net is near zero, and I don't want these transactions summarized.. I know what they are, and don't want them in my budget... again.. the old system was setup to handle these flawlessly.. not spend, not income, but transfers that are meaningless in my overall budget.

I have selected the option to "hide" some transactions, and the buttons on the spend summary screen appear to work one time, then get confused. Include hidden transactions, or exclude hidden transactions are the options press that button more then once and the screen locks up. After it appears to work the new screen that appears is not clearly labeled as to whether the hidden transactions are now excluded yes or no.

Not impressed.

My view is the new system is a "step down" , and likely saved Fido some $ in fees to whoever they outsourced this to.

Smells of outsourced, low budget software.

Maybe in the next few months they will improve it (I hope so)

CPU
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for Lunch. | Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm

I haven't been trying to switch over. My current holdings in Full View are saying that they are still updating for the most part, but I haven't cross-checked. I don't add credit cards or anything, because I don't need budgeting or spending tracking. I only want to aggregate investments.

As I understand it, Fidelity bought eMoney, so that's the reason for the switch. I can't really blame them for the idea, although the execution isn't turning out very smooth.

cpumechanic

Post by cpumechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:12 am

I used the old full view to review spend transactions across all credit cards once per week. Anytime an unknown spend on CC occurred, I could investigate, and categorize the spend, or identify fraud .

New improved Full View removes my ability to set a time window using dates to view spend, Last 30 days, or Sept 2018 are the only options available, no method to review spend from say 8/15/2018 to 8/31/2018. Ok.. I guess I can live with that.

However.. the New improved Full View says I have 122 transactions in Sept 2018, but the display page only displays 60 of them.

I thought this was odd, so I tried to use the contact full view team icon on the full view page.. 3x times I typed in my question, (third time was copy paste)... and 3x times the screen locked and would not submit my issue.
Really?

So.. I sent a normal message to Fidelity from the contact Fidelity option on other pages.

Here is the reply I received.

=======================================================================================================
I apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused. We are aware of a technical issue that does prevent you from scrolling past the first page of transactions displayed on the spending page of Full View. I do understand that you do not want to export those, but at this time that is the sole method that can be used to view a complete list of transactions, and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Our technical group is working on implementing a fix for this issue. While I do not yet have a time that I can provide for when that fix will be in place, we are working to make that happen as quickly as possible. In the interim please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. You can reply to this message or you can initiate a chat session with us for immediate assistance.
==============================================================================================

Wow.... someone really dropped the ball..
Maybe the Penang programming team needs some US IT help.

They must be kidding.. "Real soon now" was the joke reply you would always get from programmers back in the days of DOS and floppy disks. Sad that nothing has changed in 2018 at Fidelity

CPU
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for Lunch. | Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Gen2Bruin

Post by Gen2Bruin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 pm

What little that I have seen is a big disappointment. Only history was transferred from my accounts. I could either delete the account or save the history. I called technical support and he said there was another option to add your credentials. I checked again but there was no option. I contacted technical support again but got no response. Then the maintenance shutdown happened. After that I just get the same message that the eMoney is undergoing maintenance. I contacted technical support and they said there is a problem connecting my account and it will take a while to fix. So here I am without Full View or the new eMoney. So far, zero represents the amount of support that I am getting from Fidelity.

Update: No change. emoney is a useless link.

flatiron

Post by flatiron » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 am

Anyone using the new eMoney version of Fidelity Full View figure out how to label their outside investments withe NICK NAMES? All my investments show up as "*********4537" or "Cust IRA R/O" making it useless to determine which account is which. I'm specifically asking about external accounts.

Also what about a "Full View" APP? Is there a way to track my portfolio on my phone?

Many thanks-

Beck49

Post by Beck49 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:52 am

"Anyone using the new eMoney version of Fidelity Full View figure out how to label their outside investments withe NICK NAMES? All my investments show up as "*********4537" or "Cust IRA R/O" making it useless to determine which account is which. I'm specifically asking about external accounts."

Click on Accounts, so now you see the list with *****number. Click on the highlighted account name. You then go to a page where you see the account name at the top of the drop down. Click Edit. Change the name to one you like. Save. You should be good to go. Just tried this on my own account and it worked for me. Good luck.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I have been kind of ignoring that for the time being. How is the transition doing? Are things settling down finally? I used Full View reports to feed my asset allocation worksheet, so when things are finalized I will need to look at the situation again.

spreadsheetguy

Post by spreadsheetguy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:34 pm

It's been a little hit or miss for me. I had to delete all my accounts that were carried over from Yodlee and start over. But it sort of works okay. I haven't used it as much (partly because the market has been going down, so I'm not that excited to look at my accounts).

some cons so far:
  • It doesn't seem to have a refresh button to force it to try to obtain new data.
  • It also seems slower, like 5 seconds per action slow.
  • I don't seem to have a way to make groups of accounts like in the past version (i used to link all my accounts with transactions that would constitute spending in one group, that way I wouldn't have to wade through all the transactions in brokerage accounts (buying selling ETFs/stock/mutualfunds).

Richard1580

Post by Richard1580 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

I played around with it for a bit today. It seems to be severely broken. Trying to link accounts (to major firms - USAA, Vanguard, etc) is both slow and erratic. At this point I just want to see about unlinking everything.

Beck49

Post by Beck49 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm

I've had all the problems everyone has mentioned, but now I have no problem linking to Fidelity and non-Fidelity accounts including TIAA-Cref, banks and even Paypal. In term of tracking investments and networth, it is fine and maybe a slight improvement. However, I used the old version to track expenses as a run up to retirement. Not only is all that lost, as others have mentioned, but the current version doesn't seem quite as easy to customize. I gave up on the expense tracking, and went to TIAA-Cref 360 view which is based on Yodlee (sp?) and the interface is exactly like the old version of Full View. All and all, the transition to eMoney has not been an improvement, but not a disaster either, at least for me.

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, I noticed this message from Fidelity when I logged in today (dated Oct 1):
Since our release of the new Full View, we have received great feedback and prioritized updates to continue improving your experience. We recently completed: (1) Fixed income valuations: Bonds and Treasuries are now more accurately valued; (2) Retirement plan symbols: Appropriate symbols/categorizations for 401(k) and 403(b) accounts are now on the Allocation tab (under Investments), and will be included on the Transactions tab in October; (3) Reports and Investments tabs: Enhanced views and functionality have been enabled for all users; (4) Cost Basis: Holdings now reflect individual cost basis on the Summary tab (under Investments) for most users, with full integration scheduled for November.

Next Step

We are also diligently working on:
- Analyzing third-party connections with outside financial institutions daily to ensure
continued connectivity.
- Having previously added manual accounts available in the new Full View by the end of
October.
- Making additional account types available, including Fidelity Investments Life Insurance, Stock Plan Services, and Charitable Gift Fund.
- Testing ways to make historical data available in the new Full View and plan to deliver this in stages from December 2018 through January 2019.
- Optimizing the Full View experience in Safari; in the short term, we recommend using
another browser or following the steps provided on Full View to adjust your settings.
- Prioritizing additional functionality like net worth charting over time.

We will continue to update you, and we thank you for your feedback and patience as we
work to make your Full View experience even better.
Translation:

"Sit tight, we're still inventing this thing."
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 pm

I had a new problem crop up last couple week. I have a fido cash management account and any transaction is now entered as two duplicate transactions. No way to delete the extra transaction but you can hide it. I sent an email almost 2 weeks ago, no answer. I'm going back to Quicken, at least it works and will start moving selected accounts to Vanguard over next few weeks. I'm losing my confidence in Fidelity.

jkrm

Post by jkrm » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I never used Full View before but this got me to take a look. I notice that it assigns categories to transactions. I tried to customize those categories, but that does not seem to be possible. I can add a new subcategory, but I cannot create a top-level category, or rename or delete one. Also can't delete sub-categories that I have no need for.

Did the old version have these limitations? Am I just missing something?

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:00 pm

jkrm wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:12 pm
I never used Full View before but this got me to take a look. I notice that it assigns categories to transactions. I tried to customize those categories, but that does not seem to be possible. I can add a new subcategory, but I cannot create a top-level category, or rename or delete one. Also can't delete sub-categories that I have no need for.

Did the old version have these limitations? Am I just missing something?
You could customize the old version of Full View. When the upgrade was rolled out early September, all of the customized categories were wiped out and some of the standard categories were as well. They were labeled unclassified. I had a few hundreds transactions like that.

If you are just starting out with Full View, it may be an option especially if you have several Fidelity accounts and credit cards.

DoctorPhysics

Post by DoctorPhysics » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:13 am

It’s been 2 months?! Still not working well for me. It’s a free product, so we are the product.

I wonder rather than just moving my investments elsewhere (the low cost index’s are competitive) if they would take more notice if folks just unlinked accounts and stopped giving them free information...

inbox788

Post by inbox788 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:52 pm

DoctorPhysics wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:13 am
It’s been 2 months?! Still not working well for me. It’s a free product, so we are the product.

I wonder rather than just moving my investments elsewhere (the low cost index’s are competitive) if they would take more notice if folks just unlinked accounts and stopped giving them free information...
They're responsible for poor execution, but I don't blame them alone. The product is a hard one, and depends on lots of cooperative players, and not all want to cooperate. Plus there are competing priorities, particularly security vs. access. And to ask for it for free on top of that. And even if everything worked simply and smoothly, are people really willing to pay for it? I doubt amounts they collect from the data would pay for it. So your choices are really poor product or no product. I got tired of all the interventions I had to do, and went with the latter. Instead of trying to aggregate 40 accounts, I pared down to less than 20 and about a handful of long term relevant ones. It has made my life simpler not worrying about it, even though I hope the category improves. I might take a look at some new ones I haven't seen or heard of to see if they've made any significant improvements, but I'm waiting for others to be the testers and debuggers.

https://www.mx.com/moneysummit/a-list-o ... ted-states
https://www.americanbanker.com/news/big ... ing-issues

I don't think these features are core features yet at any institution, but simply a check mark feature they have on some marketing material and everyone is pretty much equally bad, so unlinking won't do much to catch their attention. Is there a really good data aggregation service that exists today? If there is, please let us know. But until people demand this and have a real option to go to, we'll just have to limp along.

mjl33

Post by mjl33 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 am

radiowave wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 pm
I had a new problem crop up last couple week. I have a fido cash management account and any transaction is now entered as two duplicate transactions. No way to delete the extra transaction but you can hide it. I sent an email almost 2 weeks ago, no answer. I'm going back to Quicken, at least it works and will start moving selected accounts to Vanguard over next few weeks. I'm losing my confidence in Fidelity.
I've had this problem for a couple of months and talked to Fidelity a few times about it. They are working on it per my latest conversation a couple of days ago. We think it has something to do with the the fact it's a joint account where the duplicates show up.

inbox788

Post by inbox788 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 pm

I gave eMoney based Full View a test drive today, and it's been terrible. To begin with, I couldn't log in, and had to contact tech support for help (which they were, but should not be necessary in the first place). They use 3rd party cookies to get over to eMoney, which my browser was blocking. Once I got in, it looks like they're only using the data aggregation for Full View. I was more interested in seeing what eMoney Advisor was all about. Anyway, I didn't bother setting up many accounts as they were scraping data and I didn't want to share my login credentials with them. The Capital One account using a separate access that's revocable without exposing your password is the way to go IMO, and I hope that feature expands out quickly to all the other institutions.

I had trouble adding Fidelity Visa, so I gave up. From what I could tell, it was mainly financial institutions. No bill payment or points programs that Yodlee tried to track, but did so poorly and incompletely. Overall, I had very low expectations and it was about as bad as I expected. And it just isn't worth my time trying to get the old Yodlee accounts up to date again, only to see it decay away all too quickly.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 pm

I haven't tried to reestablish any accounts with the new Full View. I've noticed that the old ones I had set up are still updating pretty well as far as account positions, which is all that I really care about. You can seem them under the Positions tab rather than Analysis. The old downloadable report is gone though, so I had to do some reconfiguring.

I'm not sure how long this will last, but I'm going to keep using it until it goes away. Stretches out the time before I have to worry about eMoney.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm still getting duplicate transaction entries in Full View for the Fidelity Cash Management accounts. Still being promised to reinstate history from Fidelity accounts by end of the year. I've gone back to Quicken for now, that may be permanent in the near future unfortunately. I'm seriously contemplating moving most of my Fid assets to Vanguard.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Recent message received from Fidelity.
We continue to improve the new Full View® experience based on the helpful user feedback we have received. Most recently, we have made the following updates: (1) users who manually entered accounts in the previous version of Full View, and have not since entered manual accounts in the new version of Full View, will now be able to see manual account name and balance information that they entered in the previous version of Full View; (2) the Net Worth History report, including the past three months of data, is now available under the Reports tab; (3) Full View account balances are now integrated on the Portfolio page of Fidelity.com for all users registered before August 2018 and will be integrated for all new users on an ongoing basis.
Next Step
We are also working diligently to:
- Enable scrolling on the Transactions page by early November
- Make Fidelity Investments Life Insurance (FILI) account types available in the new
version of Full View by the end of November, and Stock Plan Service (SPS) and
Charitable Gift Fund (CGF) account types by the end of December
- Deliver historical transaction data (more than six months old) for Fidelity and
third-party accounts in phases, December through January

We are still working to optimize the Full View experience in Safari, and we will also continue to analyze third-party connections with outside financial institutions daily to ensure continued connectivity.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and feedback, and we will keep you updated as we work to improve your Full View experience.

Point (3) above is what I had noticed and reported on a few days ago.