Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
benway

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by benway » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:27 am

I received the following communication upon logging into my Fidelity account this morning. Although I did make my complaint about Full View known, the message was not addressed to me specifically and may have been sent to all users--

We are diligently working to address customer concerns related to the recent Full View conversion, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Next Step
If you need more information about the new Full View features, please visit the “Help” link available in the upper right corner of each page of the tool.

For security purposes, relinking your accounts is a necessary step. If you need assistance, click “Help” at the upper right of the Home page, then “Link an Account,” which will guide you through the process. Please note that we are working to resolve additional relinking issues some users may be experiencing with certain sites.

If you are seeing duplicates of your accounts, please contact us via secure message on Fidelity.com, or by calling 800-343-3548 or your advisor, and we will provide assistance.

We are also exploring ways to make your previously accessible historical data available through the new Full View. We will keep you updated on our progress, and we thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these concerns.

Finally, a formal acknowledgement of the missteps.

Beckeresq

Post by Beckeresq » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:41 am

Kind of ironic, if your "Default" start page is Full View, you receive no indication of a Message from Fidelity.

To see if you have a Message, I went to "Accounts and Trades."

Nice integration of the website. :thumbsdown
Last edited by Beckeresq on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:23 pm

I lost all my links to internal Fidelity accounts the other day. Called the 800 number, CSR said to delete all of them then relink. I said I did the week before and lost my data, but was able to restore the transaction history after that happened. So after discussing this with the current CSR, I deleted the Fidelity files in Full View. Now I can't add or restore any of them I keep getting into this loop that says "We're unable to get the most recent account values." and tell me to hit the [Refresh] button but no Fidelity accounts are restored. Of course hitting the button just goes around in the same loop. :annoyed
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm

So I called the Fidelity 800 number, got a very nice CSR and I explained I was having trouble linking back my Fidelity accounts to Full View. He was very apologetic and said he knew there were problems and then said he was transferring me to that support team. Well I got a cryptic automated message that they were not available and hung up the phone. OK, I got online thinking I could send a secure email, pulled up the page for that, filled out the first drop down box for Topic then the page froze, I could not even enter the problem.

Wow.

jasc15

Post by jasc15 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

After not being able to link my Capital One 360 accounts, I was finally able to today. Previously I would just get a blank white page after selecting that bank, now a separate window comes up to validate access (check your pop-up blockers).

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:05 pm

jasc15 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm
After not being able to link my Capital One 360 accounts, I was finally able to today. Previously I would just get a blank white page after selecting that bank, now a separate window comes up to validate access (check your pop-up blockers).
I tried turning off my popup blocker but still get a blank page. I'm also still waiting for Fidelity to pull my history back into my cash management account they told me to delete because it wasn't linking correctly <rant off>

duffer

Post by duffer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm

To all, I would suggest waiting a month. For me, the slight convenience of Full View accounts aggregation is the least of the reasons for me to pick Fidelity for my investments. Their customer service, online information about investments and trades, and competitive products are the principal reasons. Full view just doesn't matter much to me--all that info also resides elsewhere with each account.

rolandtorres

Post by rolandtorres » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm not sure what Full View was like before, but I looked at the eMoney Full View and it wasn't as comprehensive compared to Personal Capital, which I believe has account aggregation powered by Yodlee like Full View apparently used to.

Does anyone using an advisor login to a client portal version of eMoney? How does Full View compare to that client portal?

MikeG62

Post by MikeG62 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am

Fullview (eMoney) seems to be behaving much better. Just logged in this morning and all the duplicate accounts are gone (from the Analysis section of their website). They added a reports tab. I am not saying it is 100% fixed (I still can't link my Barclay's account), but appears they have made significant improvements over the last couple of weeks.

I'd be interested in others impressions.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

student

Post by student » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

MikeG62 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am
Fullview (eMoney) seems to be behaving much better. Just logged in this morning and all the duplicate accounts are gone (from the Analysis section of their website). They added a reports tab. I am not saying it is 100% fixed (I still can't link my Barclay's account), but appears they have made significant improvements over the last couple of weeks.

Just the opposite here. It was fine before, now is not showing anything in the list.

student

Post by student » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

student wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am
MikeG62 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 am

Just the opposite here. It was fine before, now is not showing anything in the list.
It is operating normally now.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Might be time to start taking a look.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

TheClash

Post by TheClash » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm

The new Full View impacted my Fidelity Retirement Score (+20 points). I can understand some movement, but that strikes me as a big jump.

lmorris99

Post by lmorris99 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I have used Yodlee ("Fidelity Full view") for over FIFTEEN YEARS.
I have put in DOZENS of Rules to make transactions automatically categorize themselves correctly.
I have customized the account names to fit my two businesses.
There are THOUSANDS of transactions that worked well this way.

Now Fidelity has THROWN OUT ALL MY WORK.

With NO WARNING.

I have never been angrier.

I TRUSTED YOU GUYS!

I can imagine some high-level executive saying "Well, eMoney looks better -- the data guys will figure out how to make it work ..."

Is there a way I can still get to my yodlee data?

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm

TheClash wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm
The new Full View impacted my Fidelity Retirement Score (+20 points). I can understand some movement, but that strikes me as a big jump.
OTOH, I cannot get Fidelity to update my retirement score no matter what I do. It's stuck on "as of March 2017".

mjl33

Post by mjl33 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

I still have duplicate transactions in my Fidelity checking account. I've had this problem for 3 weeks now. When they first went live the problem was missing transactions!!!

SeekingAPlan

Post by SeekingAPlan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm
TheClash wrote:
OTOH, I cannot get Fidelity to update my retirement score no matter what I do. It's stuck on "as of March 2017".
By any chance did you change your status to "retired"? The tool will no longer update your score if you do that. If you want to recalculate your score you must change you status back to still working.

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 pm

SeekingAPlan wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm
lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm
TheClash wrote:
By any chance did you change your status to "retired"? The tool will no longer update your score if you do that. If you want to recalculate your score you must change you status back to still working.
Yes I did. Seems like a dumb "feature" - I still want to know where we stand and if we need to make adjustments.

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 pm
SeekingAPlan wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes I did. Seems like a dumb "feature" - I still want to know where we stand and if we need to make adjustments.
And just like that, it updated. Thanks. Told it I was working until 65 - I do sports officiating (HS and younger) as a part-time retirement job.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:42 pm

1. still not able to get the Fidelity Elan card transactions into Full View. I can see them in cash management however.

2. also having problems linking Capital One Quicksilver, I get the blank screen when I try to add the account, popoff blocker is off.

3. still waiting to get transaction history into Full View from my cash managment accounts in Fidelity. External histories were reestablished.