Taylor's New Book: The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Silk McCue

Re: Taylor's New Book: The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Post by Silk McCue » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:26 am

I just received Allan Roth’s Wealth Logic Newsletter for the month. It includes an article he recently wrote that references the book. He also included a link in the email to Amazon so that subscribers could get directly to the book.

Here is a link to the article itself.

https://www.aarp.org/money/investing/in ... sting.html

Cheers

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

The White Coat Investor reviews "The Bogleheads Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio"

Post by Taylor Larimore » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Bogleheads:

Jim Dahle, editor of "The White Coat Investor," has written a lengthy review of The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio:

Review of Bogleheads Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Thank you, Doctor Dahle!

Best wishes
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

"The Coffeehouse Investor" writes an endorsement.

Post by Taylor Larimore » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Bogleheads:

Bill Schultheis, author, advisor and editor of The Coffeehouse Investor, wrote a kind endorsement titled "A MUST READ" for The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio in his August newsletter. This is part of Bill's message: "If you are searching for a straightforward approach to portfolio management, this book is for you."

Thank you, Bill!

Best wishes
Taylor

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm

My dear wife has never found an investing resource that didn't make her eyes glaze over.
Until now.

She read The Boglehead's Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio. She now understands why and how our retirement funds are invested.

This is such a relief. Thank you so much.
Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Post by Taylor Larimore » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:26 pm

MichaelRpdx wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm
My dear wife has never found an investing resource that didn't make her eyes glaze over.
Until now.

She read The Boglehead's Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio. She now understands why and how our retirement funds are invested.

This is such a relief. Thank you so much.
Michael:

I appreciate your post.

Over the 68 years I have been investing, I have accumulated 33 binders bulging with information about personal investing. It was a temptation in fill my latest book with what is in my binders plus what I've learned from my own experience. Much of this background information is in my two co-authored books: The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing (2 U.S. and 2 Chinese editions) and The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning.

I decided that what was needed was a book with a short and simple message for ordinary investors about how to invest successfully (it is not difficult). The book seems to have succeeded as evidenced by these Amazon reviews for which I am very grateful:

https://www.amazon.com/Bogleheads-Guide ... ll_reviews

If you buy the book you should know that all my royalties go directly from the publisher to The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy which helps support this forum and our wiki.

Thank you and best wishes.
Taylor

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Taylor -

This book is both a great accomplishment and resource. I thank you! Will there continue to be additional books in the Bogleheads series?

Best.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:32 pm

abuss368 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:40 pm
Hi Taylor -

This book is both a great accomplishment and resource. I thank you! Will there continue to be additional books in the Bogleheads series?

Best.
Stay tuned! I do have some ideas. Now I just need the time.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Bogleheads -

I just finished Taylor’s book “The Bogleheads Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio” and it is very well written and educational. I definitely gained investing knowledge!

Thanks Taylor!
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

KESP

Post by KESP » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 am

Just bought 2 more copies to donate to the school library I work in. I was extra motivated when a young teacher was talking to me about how a representative from AXA hunted her down in her classroom, gave the impression she was working with the district, and got her to sign up for a very expensive annuity! This was undone, but it is scary. I have tried to educate people about expenses when they are investing, and will now direct them to this book in the library. Even though they are busy, it won't take long to get through this informative book. We do have access to a company where people can build a 3 fund portfolio using Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, or many others. They can also just go with a target date fund as well. I'm uncomfortable giving financial advice, but can direct them to this book and this site, tell them expenses do matter, and they can make their own decisions. Funny story, a representative from Horace Mann had a information sheet that he gave to all teachers that talked specifically about how expenses matter. The low expense example from his company was 1.4%!

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Don't forget to post your positive reviews on Amazon since that helps other readers decide if Taylor's book is right for them.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Post by Taylor Larimore » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 pm
Don't forget to post your positive reviews on Amazon since that helps other readers decide if Taylor's book is right for them.
Bogleheads:

Every sale results in a donation to The John C. Bogle Center For Financial Literacy which helps support this forum.

Thank you and best wishes.
Taylor