AQR Podcasts - The Curious Investor

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
matjen

AQR Podcasts - The Curious Investor

Post by matjen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm

AQR is now presenting a series of interesting podcasts. The first was on Behavioral Finance. The second was an introduction to Factors. The third will have Jack Bogle and Cliff Asness as guests.

More here:
https://www.aqr.com/Insights/Podcasts
Welcome to The Curious Investor
We sit down with some of the best minds in finance to break down important ideas in investing, challenge conventional thinking, and have a bit of fun. The Curious Investor brings you the ideas that matter, the intuition behind the results, and the understanding to apply them.
Also, Cliff Asness has written a nice overview of the finance podcast space here:

Our Hat into the Podcasting Ring
https://www.aqr.com/Insights/Perspectiv ... sting-Ring
Some of my favorites blogs and podcasts—with apologies to any I’ve left out as this list is, of course, non-exhaustive—include Alpha Architect, Behind the Markets, The Big Picture, Masters in Business, MebFaber.com, Investor’s Field Guide, Fortune Financial, Invest Like the Best, Flirting with Models, Flirting with Models (podcast), The Irrelevant Investor, Animal Spirits, Pragmatic Capitalism, Capital Allocators, A Wealth of Common Sense, The Reformed Broker, InvestResolve/GestaltU, Abnormal Returns, EconomPic, Larry Swedroe, and Philosophical Economics.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.

bzargarcia

Re: AQR Podcasts - The Curious Investor

Post by bzargarcia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 pm

I listened to the first two episodes yesterday. Its already one of my favorite podcasts.

bg
Bart Garcia

tarheel

Post by tarheel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Also listened to the first two. I thought they were a little on the beginner side, but well put together. I'll be curious to see how things proceed. They sure do have some great guests lined up.

matjen

Post by matjen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 am

tarheel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 pm
Also listened to the first two. I thought they were a little on the beginner side, but well put together. I'll be curious to see how things proceed. They sure do have some great guests lined up.
Agree. They are definitely going after the NPR Planet Money crowd. I actually assumed the hosts were marketing types or professional presenters rather than Harvard MBA/quant types.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.

viz

Post by viz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am

Podcast page is down. Anyone knows the podcast name which I can use to search for?

viz

Post by viz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 am

viz wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am
Podcast page is down. Anyone knows the podcast name which I can use to search for?
:oops: it is The Curious Investor. Going for the 2nd cup of morning chai or maybe need something stronger :happy