Private Messages stuck?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
Theseus

Private Messages stuck?

Post by Theseus »

I am not sure if my PMs are going out. I have sent/replied to 3 PMs. And they show in the Outbox. Since the recipient never sent a message ackonledging that they received the response, I am wondering if they are going out or not. How do I check if they have actually been sent? If they were sent they should show up in the Sent box instead of the Outbox. How do I fix this?
prudent

Re: Private Messages stuck?

Post by prudent »

PM's stay in your Outbox until the recipient opens them. Then they move to your Sent folder.
delamer

Post by delamer »

If I delete a PM sent to me without opening it, will it move to the sender’s Sent folder?
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

delamer wrote: If I delete a PM sent to me without opening it, will it move to the sender’s Sent folder?
Let's do a test - I'll send you a PM, you don't open it but delete it, I'll check my Sent File - and we'll report back to the boss :D

Edit - done at 10:58 eastcoast time 8-)
Last edited by Miriam2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

It means the recipient is ignoring you, LOL.
delamer

Post by delamer »

Miriam2 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 pm
delamer wrote: If I delete a PM sent to me without opening it, will it move to the sender’s Sent folder?
Let's do a test - I'll send you a PM, you don't open it but delete it, I'll check my Sent File - and we'll report back to the boss :D

Done!
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
delamer

Post by delamer »

whodidntante wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 pm It means the recipient is ignoring you, LOL.
Well, in the case that I am thinking about, I was the ignorer...
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

delamer wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Done!
My PM to Delamer is now in my Sent box, meaning it moved from my Outbox to my Sent box. I guess that means I now know that Delamer retrieved my private message - but doesn't tell me Delamer deleted it as opposed to read it.

What a shame, it contained all my secret passwords to my vast fortune :wink:
delamer

Post by delamer »

Miriam2 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm
delamer wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Done!
My PM to Delamer is now in my Sent box, meaning it moved from my Outbox to my Sent box. I guess that means I now know that Delamer retrieved my private message - but doesn't tell me Delamer deleted it as opposed to read it.

What a shame, it contained all my secret passwords to my vast fortune :wink:
Just my luck; my PowerBall tickets never pay off either!

Thanks.