Taylor's New Book: The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
stemikger

Re: Taylor's New Book: The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Post by stemikger »

I'm going to buy the hardcover now on Amazon. Looking forward to reading it and then will pass it on to my daughter.

Way to go Taylor!!!!
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Good News! Every purchase is an indirect donation to The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy.
I double down by purchasing from smile.amazon with their donation going to the Bogle Center.
Starchild

Re: Amazon Customer Reviews and The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Post by Starchild »

stemikger wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:58 pm
Starchild wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:53 pm You’re a good guy Taylor.
I see you are a Paul Stanley fan. I love Kiss!! Met Paul several times and he was always a great guy. My best guesstimate is since I was 17 I have seen Kiss probably about 50 times. I'm 54 now. My dream is to go on a Kiss cruise before they call it quits after the 2019 3 year world wide tour.
Very off topic, but awesome! Hardcore! Yes, big Kiss fan here \m/ I enjoy reading financial/Boglehead info while jamming Love Gun :sharebeer
b42

Post by b42 »

I pre-ordered the book and got it on release. A quick read, but very informative. I think this will be great for those new investors who want to read a book before investing, but don't want to invest the time in a 600 page monster.
Index Fan

Post by Index Fan »

For those with Kindle readers who haven't picked it up yet, Taylor's The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio is now $9.99 at Amazon- what are you waiting for? :)

https://www.amazon.com/Bogleheads-Guide ... 8&qid=&sr=
"Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis." | -Seneca
CollegePrudens

Post by CollegePrudens »

Index Fan wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 am For those with Kindle readers who haven't picked it up yet, Taylor's The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio is now $9.99 at Amazon- what are you waiting for? :)

Thank you. Just bought it to share with a spouse and an acquaintance that I help with investments.
We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness - The 14th Dalai Lama
stemikger

Post by stemikger »

I just finished reading Taylor's new book and all I can say is, it is one of the best out there. I also wrote a review on Amazon and it is worthy of every one of those 5 stars!!
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
bh7785

Post by bh7785 »

I perused the thread but am not seeing the answer to my question: How is this book different than Taylor's first book?
b42

Post by b42 »

bh7785 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:22 pm I perused the thread but am not seeing the answer to my question: How is this book different than Taylor's first book?
I would say his first book covers more topics (Do I need an advisor, saving for college, etc.), while his most recent book focuses on one topic, the Three Fund Portfolio.
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

stemikger wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 am I just finished reading Taylor's new book and all I can say is, it is one of the best out there. I also wrote a review on Amazon and it is worthy of every one of those 5 stars!!
stemikger:

Your review on Amazon is much appreciated! It is certain to increase the sales of the book.

Every sale results in a donation to The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy which helps support this forum and much more.

Thank you and best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Howard Donnelly

Post by Howard Donnelly »

Here is a new review of Taylor's book:

"John Wiley & Sons : The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio"
http://www.4-traders.com/news/John-Wile ... -26897824/
wootwoot

Post by wootwoot »

Index Fan wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 am For those with Kindle readers who haven't picked it up yet, Taylor's The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio is now $9.99 at Amazon- what are you waiting for? :)

I'm saving the money and investing it instead. Keeping my expenses low and investments high, the boglehead way. :sharebeer
Taylor Larimore

"The Wisdom of Elders:

Bogleheads:

I am very pleased to read this nice article written by Steve at the Evergreen Small Business Website:

The Wisdom of Elders: Bogleheads Three-Fund Portfolio

Thank you, Steve!

Taylor
KESP

Post by KESP »

As I mentioned in my Amazon review, this book is a perfect length to give as a gift to people who just need to get to the nitty gritty of investing. My almost retired friends and my young adult children might feel overwhelmed with the more extensive Bogleheads Guide to Investing. People I talk to seem to be petrified of tackling their investment decisions. I feel like this book is simple to understand, gives a compelling argument for why the three-fund portfolio works, and tells you how to implement it. Just lent it to a recently retired friend. Sorry, should have made him buy it! :wink:
Taylor Larimore

Bogleheads:

Nice article by Mike Piper, editor of The Oblivious Investor
Taylor Larimore — nonagenarian, World War II vet, and co-author of the Bogleheads’ Guide books — recently released a new book: The Bogleheads’ Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio.

The “three-fund portfolio” (subject of a long-running discussion thread on the Bogleheads forum) is made up of three index funds: a total US stock market index fund, a total international stock index fund, and a total bond market index fund. With just three holdings, it manages to be far simpler than most people’s portfolios, while also being extremely diversified (including thousands of stocks from around the world, as well as thousands of bonds).

Larimore’s new book is very brief — in the spirit of Bill Bernstein’s If You Can. For those who are already well versed in the Bogleheads literature (e.g., having already read the original Bogleheads Guide to Investing, and other books by Bernstein, Roth, Ferri, etc.) the book will be unlikely to provide new information, but it will likely be an enjoyable read nonetheless, as it was for me. (I always enjoy reading about Taylor’s lessons accumulated via many years of experience.)

I think where the book will really shine is as a gift for new investors. Because of the book’s brevity (easy to read in an afternoon), it is more likely to actually be read than the typical book about investing. And because of the book’s singular focus, it will be easy for new investors to internalize the message.
Thank you, Mike!

Best wishes
Taylor
car733

Post by car733 »

KESP wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:16 am As I mentioned in my Amazon review, this book is a perfect length to give as a gift to people who just need to get to the nitty gritty of investing.
+1
It's a great gift!
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Like so many others here I'm extremely grateful for Taylor's enormous contributions to both this board and to previous Bogleheads books. I bought this new offering and while I concur that it's an ideal gift for new investors I found myself feeling like my purchase was basically just a donation to a very worthy charity - which of course isn't a bad thing!

I expected "brief" after reading the comments here, but still expected some discussion of the logic behind the funds chosen and alternative choices. There are, for example, strong arguments to be made for Vanguard Intermediate Treasury instead of Total Bond, and as for the always-contentious topic of what percentage to allocate to international one might have thought that Vanguard's own very well-researched recommendation (as implemented in their funds) of up to 40% would have been at least worthy of mention.

These are of course minor quibbles and I have no doubt that this book will be of tremendous benefit to innumerable readers.
Taylor Larimore

"A Review Of The Bogleheads’ Guide To The Three-Fund Portfolio"

Bogleheads:

I was pleased to read a nice review from "The Wall Street Physician" with this Conclusion:
This book is perfect for the busy professional or novice investor who wants to get started with do-it-yourself investing using the three-fund portfolio. Experienced investors or regular Bogleheads readers who are already well-versed in the benefits of index fund investing and the simplicity of the three-fund portfolio will likely already be familiar with most of the content in this book. However, it may convince even experienced investors to simplify their more complicated index-fund portfolio to a three-fund portfolio.
A Review Of The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Thank you "Wall Street Physician."

Best wishes.
Taylor
Taylor Larimore

Review by "Four Pillar Freedom"

Bogleheads:

Zach, editor of "Four Pillar Freedom," sent me a copy of his latest newsletter in which he did a review of The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio. I appreciate the review. This is his ending:
I highly recommend checking out the book yourself. It’s only about 60 pages and packed with nuggets of wisdom.
Thank you, Zach, for your professional review. Every purchase results in a contribution to The Bogle Center For Financial Literacy.

Best wishes.

Taylor
Taylor Larimore

New York Times book review

Bogleheads:

New York Times Book Review

Best wishes.
Taylor
A440

Post by A440 »

I am enjoying the book. I wish I knew about this back in my 20's!
I supposed that's how one builds wisdom.
Thank you Taylor!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.
GoldStar

Re: Review by "Four Pillar Freedom"

Post by GoldStar »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 pm Bogleheads:

Zach, editor of "Four Pillar Freedom," sent me a copy of his latest newsletter in which he did a review of The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio. I appreciate the review. This is his ending:
I highly recommend checking out the book yourself. It’s only about 60 pages and packed with nuggets of wisdom.
Thank you, Zach, for your professional review. Every purchase results in a contribution to The Bogle Center For Financial Literacy.

Best wishes.

Taylor
Zach states 60 pages but the NYT's article and Amazon have the book as 112 pages. 52 pages of reference material or is Zach wrong or ?
In any case - will order a copy!
MFInvestor

New York Times review of "The Lazy Person’s Guide to Successful Investing"

Post by MFInvestor »

"The Lazy Person’s Guide to Successful Investing"

New York Times review 7/15/2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/busi ... sting.html

It really is a shame that Taylor Larimore chooses to use the word “Boglehead” in the title of his compelling new book: “The Bogleheads’ Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio” (Wiley, $24.95.)

There is nothing really wrong with the word. It refers to people who follow the investment principles of John C. Bogle, the founder of Vanguard, the huge mutual fund company known for offering index funds.

Mr. Bogle passionately believes in paying the absolute minimum when buying and selling stocks, bonds and exchange-traded funds, investing for the long haul — to minimize both trading costs and capital gains — and diversifying your holdings.

So what’s my problem with the word Boglehead? The word, coupled with Mr. Bogle’s introduction to the book and the fact that three funds Mr. Larimore uses as his primary example come from Vanguard, can lead people to think they can only create a three-fund portfolio using Vanguard funds.

And you could, for example, execute his three-fund plan using Fidelity’s Total Market Index Fund, Global ex U.S. Fund and U.S. Bond Index Fund. And as Mr. Larimore writes, you should consider the offerings of “any other company offering total market index funds with low expense ratios.”

It’s accessible and his tone is friendly. And if it prompts people to create a diversified portfolio that keeps fees and taxes to a minimum and gets them to invest for the long haul, he will have performed a great service.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ I merged MFInvestor's post into the on-going discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
bsteiner

Re: New York Times review of "The Lazy Person’s Guide to Successful Investing"

Post by bsteiner »

MFInvestor wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 am "The Lazy Person’s Guide to Successful Investing"

New York Times review 7/15/2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/busi ... sting.html
Not only is there a half page review of "The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio," but the review also cites Allan Roth's "How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street."

There's also a discussion about how to allocate the bonds. The reviewer says that the 3-fund portfolio includes no corporate bonds or government bonds from countries outside the United States, and asks whether, if you're going to have international stocks, shouldn't you also have foreign bonds. (Vanguard's website says that the Total Bond Fund is mostly government, but has some corporate and foreign bonds.) Then, in the same section, Carla Fried's article "How Owning Qualify Corporate Bonds Got Riskier," https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/busi ... bonds.html, quotes Jared Kizer of Buckingham Strategic Wealth (Larry Swedroe's firm) as saying that as a result of downgrades, corporate bonds don't outperform government bonds by a larger margin, and that "the high-grade corporate bond market doesn't seem to be a necessary part of a diversified portfolio."
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

gasdoc wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am The Bogleheads should leave reviews after reading the book. Currently there is only one review on Amazon, and it was not a great rating because the reviewer felt the book was too short. That is the beauty of the Three-Fund Portfolio- its simplicity!
I agree, the book was very, very short. And even repetitive at that!

The concepts are short and simple. But repeating the point enough times and adding a bunch of quotes from people attesting to the three-fund philosophy in order to barely fluff it out to book length seems like a waste. There is absolutely nothing in the book that you couldn't read here for free.

If you just want to own a book with Bogleheads in the title for some reason, maybe it makes sense.
For me, I'm glad I borrowed the ebook from the library and didn't have to pay for it.

Sorry.

(And be careful when leaving reviews on Amazon. Fakespot.com give the current reviews a grade of F: "Tread lightly, this product may contain a major number of unreliable or low quality reviews!" Gushing reviews using copied/pasted text can do that.)
This isn't just my wallet. It's an organizer, a memory and an old friend.
S&L1940

NY Times reviews Taylor's Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio

Post by S&L1940 »

[Thread merged into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

Not sure if someone already posted this from Time's Sunday Mutual Fund section

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/busi ... ctionfront
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone
Cruise

Re: NY Times reviews Taylor's Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio

Post by Cruise »

Thanks for posting. Nice review.
ReformedSpender

Post by ReformedSpender »

FYI, for those who haven't bought yet, Amazon is running a promo today and tomorrow. Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5.00 off $20.00 or more book orders

:beer
Market history shows that when there's economic blue sky, future returns are low, and when the economy is on the skids, future returns are high. The best fishing is done in the most stormy waters.
TomP10

Post by TomP10 »

I disagree with a one of the reviewer's comments.
I could have done without the constant praise from his fellow Bogleheads — who are known only by their initials in the book — for the three-fund idea. It’s a good idea. Fine. No need to keep saying so.
I think he is dead wrong. A big challenge with the three-fund portfolio is that it seems too simple to be a good approach. "Simple but sophisticated" is a tough idea for people to wrap their minds around. Quoting others helps reassure readers that just three total market funds can work in a deeply efficient way.
"It is remarkable how much long term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent." -- Charlie Munger
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

TomP10 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm I disagree with a one of the reviewer's comments.
I could have done without the constant praise from his fellow Bogleheads — who are known only by their initials in the book — for the three-fund idea. It’s a good idea. Fine. No need to keep saying so.
I think he is dead wrong. A big challenge with the three-fund portfolio is that it seems too simple to be a good approach. "Simple but sophisticated" is a tough idea for people to wrap their minds around. Quoting others helps reassure readers that just three total market funds can work in a deeply efficient way.
Did you read the book? Far too many paragraphs wasted with "Bogleheads speak out" quotes. And in addition, an Appendix with quotes from "experts". It got silly after a while. There's no way that kind of repetition provided any sort of reassurance.

I think the "three fund" concept might have merit. But the book, not so much. Having read other Boglehead books, this one was rather disappointing.
S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 »

OP here
I did not read the book yet wonder how many pages (I think the book is something like 140pp) you can fill even with charts and extensive explanations and variations to demo the effectiveness of the three fund portfolio?
More than ten years ago Taylor and other BHs guided us as we cleaned up the mess that two "friends" at name financial institutions got us into as they feathered their nests. Tweaked it a bit over the years and today we are really at a five fund portfolio.
Guessing bogleheads are not the target for this book and some fluff may help the newbies get involved...
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone
pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter »

JoeRetire wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:30 pm
TomP10 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm I disagree with a one of the reviewer's comments.
Did you read the book? Far too many paragraphs wasted with "Bogleheads speak out" quotes. And in addition, an Appendix with quotes from "experts". It got silly after a while. There's no way that kind of repetition provided any sort of reassurance.

I think the "three fund" concept might have merit. But the book, not so much. Having read other Boglehead books, this one was rather disappointing.
:annoyed.... :evil:

Taylor's book does exactly what it sets out to do--introduce new investors to an investing strategy that they can follow. The strategy is backed up with strong evidence. The book is clear, easy to read and comprehend. :thumbsup

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

S&L1940 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm I did not read the book yet wonder how many pages (I think the book is something like 140pp) you can fill even with charts and extensive explanations and variations to demo the effectiveness of the three fund portfolio?
The book has 112 pages.

Chapter 1: The Investment Industry starts on page 1
As happens in each chapter, it includes more than a half page of "Bogleheads Speak Out" quotes. It also includes a full page dedicated to sort of an ad for Bernstein's "What if" pamphlet.
Chapter 2: John C. Bogle - The Investor's Best Friend starts on page 5
Chapter 3: John Bogle Introduces Three Total Market Index Funds starts on page 9
Chapter 4: Twenty Benefits of Total Market Index Funds starts on page 13
Chapter 5: Getting Started starts on page 49
Chapter 6: Stay The Course starts on page 59
Appendix I: What Experts Say starts on page 63
Appendix II: Meet the Bogleheads starts on page 69
Glossary of Financial Terms starts on page 75
the Index starts on page 79

That's it. There's really very little there about the 3-Fund Portfolio. Chapter 4 and 5 are pretty much the meat of the book. 46 pages including the fluff. Disappointing.
Guessing bogleheads are not the target for this book and some fluff may help the newbies get involved...
Certainly there's nothing here that Bogleheads don't already know. Anything in the book can already be found at Bogleheads.org. Newbies would be far better served to read here at this forum than read the book.

I wanted to like it. I wanted to learn something by reading it. Oh well.

Isn't it possible to love and appreciate Taylor, but not like the book?
Last edited by JoeRetire on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged S&L1940's thread into the on-going discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

pkcrafter wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pmThe book is clear, easy to read and comprehend.
It is very easy to read and comprehend.
S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 »

JoeRetire wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm
S&L1940 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm I did not read the book yet wonder how many pages (I think the book is something like 140pp) you can fill even with charts and extensive explanations and variations to demo the effectiveness of the three fund portfolio?
How can you call the NY Times review "dead wrong" when you haven't even read the book yet?

The book has 112 pages.

Chapter 1: The Investment Industry starts on page 1
As happens in each chapter, it includes more than a half page of "Bogleheads Speak Out" quotes. It also includes a full page dedicated to sort of an ad for Bernstein's "What if" pamphlet.
Chapter 2: John C. Bogle - The Investor's Best Friend starts on page 5
Chapter 3: John Bogle Introduces Three Total Market Index Funds starts on page 9
Chapter 4: Twenty Benefits of Total Market Index Funds starts on page 13
Chapter 5: Getting Started starts on page 49
Chapter 6: Stay The Course starts on page 59
Appendix I: What Experts Say starts on page 63
Appendix II: Meet the Bogleheads starts on page 69
Glossary of Financial Terms starts on page 75
the Index starts on page 79

That's it. There's really very little there about the 3-Fund Portfolio. Chapter 4 and 5 are pretty much the meat of the book. 46 pages including the fluff. Disappointing.
Certainly there's nothing here that Bogleheads don't already know. Anything in the book can already be found at Bogleheads.org. Newbies would be far better served to read here at this forum than read the book.

I wanted to like it. I wanted to learn something by reading it. Oh well.

Isn't it possible to love and appreciate Taylor, but not like the book?
You got the wrong guy, "dead wrong" was TomP10. I said "Guessing bogleheads are not the target for this book and some fluff may help the newbies get involved..." not a glowing comment but not "dead wrong"
either, I accept your apology, no offense taken!
JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire »

S&L1940 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 pm You got the wrong guy, "dead wrong" was TomP10. I said "Guessing bogleheads are not the target for this book and some fluff may help the newbies get involved..." not a glowing comment but not "dead wrong"
either, I accept your apology, no offense taken!
Yup, sorry. I "merged" the comments incorrectly. I do apologize.
I went back and edited my response.
Rowan Oak

Post by Rowan Oak »

pkcrafter wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm
Taylor's book does exactly what it sets out to do--introduce new investors to an investing strategy that they can follow. The strategy is backed up with strong evidence. The book is clear, easy to read and comprehend. :thumbsup

Paul
I agree.

If I could go back in time 20 years and give myself two books about investing this would be one of them. The other: Jack Bogle's Little Book of Common Sense Investing.
“If you can get good at destroying your own wrong ideas, that is a great gift.” – Charlie Munger
woldemariam

Post by woldemariam »

Thank you. Purchased a copy from Google Play.
Starchild

Post by Starchild »

Here's a kick in the pants. Apparently, by copy was shipping on June 30 from Amazon, but never received it. It claims "Your package may be lost." :x
RadAudit
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'til morning

Post by RadAudit »

I had forgotten the portfolio efficiency benefit (risk/return ratio) of the three fund portfolio. Thanks for mentioning Norstad's proof. I'll have to look at it again.

And I also like the included reference to Sharpe's paper (Arithmetic of Active Management). I have a copy of that. One of my favorites.

PS: Just looked at Norstad. Now I remember why it doesn't come readily to mind.
FI is the best revenge. LBYM. Invest the rest. Stay the course. Die anyway. - PS: The cavalry isn't coming, kids. You are on your own.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

stemikger wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 am I just finished reading Taylor's new book and all I can say is, it is one of the best out there. I also wrote a review on Amazon and it is worthy of every one of those 5 stars!!
Hi stemikger -

Taylor's theme hits home over and over again: Keep investing simple!
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Taylor Larimore

Book Review: The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio

Bogleheads:

The editor of The Bogleheads Blog, Barry Barnitz, has posted this review of our latest Bogleheads' book:

Review: "The Bogleheads' Guide to The Three-Fund Portfolio."

Thank you, Barry.

Best wishes.
Taylor
buxton.bogle

Post by buxton.bogle »

Borrowed a copy from my public library. Quick, informative read. Thanks!
Taylor Larimore

Free Audio Book

Bogleheads:

I received this e-mail from my publisher:
Dear Taylor,

This is an alert that your audiobook, The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio, is now available at Audible.com.

Here is the link to your audiobook:

http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B07DVLFV ... 0726189O6K

Your narrator is:

Noah Michael Levine

Below, I have provided you with ten promo codes that can be redeemed for complimentary copies of your audiobook; use one for yourself, use one for reviewers, raffle one off on your blog or social media channels, or give a few to others who’ll help spread the word about your new audiobook. Here are the codes:

1 393S7P7NRRHUQ
2 Z5FDUSRH9EWEL
3 RFUGN4BHAMZKB
4 ZUEP8PHUXU4Q2
5 XBFFAWA8GLPHS
6 QRU36RESR2MK4
7 LQQC7BFBWQNWM
8 KJ3E5E6NU6YMZ
9 94EKRW8FYAC54
10 TNPQQ7GL8K6T4

Listeners will need to be registered on Audible/Amazon to redeem a code- if they aren’t, they’ll be prompted to register prior to redemption- but they will not be required to enroll into a membership. Every time you distribute a promo code, please pass along the steps below to help your listener redeem the code.

1. Go to www.audible.com/at/redeem/
2. Copy/paste your promo code in the box under the caption “Redeem Your Promotional Code” and click redeem.
3. Next, click “Claim my offer” after which 1 credit will be placed in your account.
4. Search for my title at the top right of the page, or go straight to my audiobook’s listing at
http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B07DVLFV ... 0726189O6K
5. Click on the option to “Buy with 1 Credit” after which you’ll be taken to your cart. Verify that the box in the “Apply Credits” column is checked; if it is not click on the box and then the “Update button”. The total will then read as $0.00. Please know that only one promo code can be applied per purchase.
6. Click “Next Step” and then click “Complete Purchase”.

You are a critical part of making your audiobook successful, so be sure to spread the word by sharing your link with fans, friends, family, and press. For more advice on promotion, check out our Author Tip Sheet:

http://bit.ly/8-Simple-Ways-to-Promote-Your-Audiobook

Congratulations on the release of The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio. We wish you the greatest of success and, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at authorcare@audible.com .

Sincerely,

Khadija Roberts
Audible Studios Author Care Team
Best wishes
Taylor
MrJones

Post by MrJones »

nedsaid wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:56 pmWho wrote the forward to the book?
Foreword.

With an 'e' and an 'o'.

Fore as in "comes ahead of," "before". Word as in word. Words that come before the rest of the book are in the foreword.
DireStraits

Post by DireStraits »

b42 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm
bh7785 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:22 pm I perused the thread but am not seeing the answer to my question: How is this book different than Taylor's first book?
I would say his first book covers more topics (Do I need an advisor, saving for college, etc.), while his most recent book focuses on one topic, the Three Fund Portfolio.
This is exactly what I appreciate about the new book.
Taylor Larimore

The book's "Foreward"?

nedsaid wrote:
Who wrote the forward to the book?
nedsaid:

The best: John C. Bogle

Best wishes.
Taylor
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

Well, not surprisingly the audible codes all seem taken, but no big deal, my library just notified me that the traditional paper version is now ready for me to pick up :sharebeer