Can no longer invest in Vanguard admiral funds in Chase account. Suggestions?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
letsgobobby

Re: Can no longer invest in Vanguard admiral funds in Chase account. Suggestions?

Post by letsgobobby » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:19 am

Yes I wonder if it's different for taxable vs IRA.

G-Force

Re: Can no longer invest in Vanguard admiral funds in Chase account. Suggestions?

Post by G-Force » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm

mizzao wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am
I just opened IRAs with Chase to get CPC and can confirm I can't buy VTSAX or VTIAX. Will also try with the brokerage account once that is opened and see if it works.
We’re you able to buy the admiral shares in the taxable brokerage account?

bost

Post by bost » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:42 pm

No luck in taxable self-directed for me. It shows up in search (and oddly with a 0 min. purchase amount) but produces an error when clicking preview. Regular investment-class shares work fine. As do ETF's.

Note I am not CPC, just trying out the self-directed account (easy to open via their website now). Barebones, but clean interface for long-term investors. Nothing fancy like margin, options, trading strategies, etc, etc.

letsgobobby

Post by letsgobobby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 am

G-Force wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm
mizzao wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am
I just opened IRAs with Chase to get CPC and can confirm I can't buy VTSAX or VTIAX. Will also try with the brokerage account once that is opened and see if it works.
We’re you able to buy the admiral shares in the taxable brokerage account?
Just checked, can still buy admiral shares in taxable. All the way through the preview stage to the ‘place order’ stage, anyway.