Suntrust Premier Banking Program

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
bigtex

Suntrust Premier Banking Program

Post by bigtex » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Does anyone on here use the Suntrust Premier Banking Program? It is essentially the Private Bank for Suntrust for clients with deposits of $100k or more. Just curious of the level of service you received with this program and any additional benefits you received?

Pajamas

Re: Suntrust Premier Banking Program

Post by Pajamas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Never heard of it but it's easy to find the information you're looking for from the source:

https://www.suntrust.com/personal-banki ... ng-program

https://www.suntrust.com/personal-banki ... ts-rewards

Looks like it is basically signing up for someone to try to sell you financial products.

lack_ey

Post by lack_ey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm

I know someone who works for Suntrust at HQ and I think they get the premier banking... and don't have particularly great things to say. I don't think it's notable compared to what others offer in terms of benefits.

bigtex

Post by bigtex » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm

lack_ey wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm
I know someone who works for Suntrust at HQ and I think they get the premier banking... and don't have particularly great things to say. I don't think it's notable compared to what others offer in terms of benefits.
Good to know! Thanks for the info.

Loik098

Post by Loik098 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Congratulations on your deposit-level-ability.

Banks use words like "premier", "platinum", "reserved" in order to make you feel like you are going to get services that the regular joe can't (hence, your question). They are simply using marketing to appeal to your vanity. Don't be fooled. Banks exist to make money, period.

If you park that much cash in their accounts, you should expect to be inundated with requests to have those accounts "reviewed" for "optimum performance." You might also get a red carpet rolled out for you and a free diet coke. Maybe a free safety deposit box or other token gifts. That's about the extent of the "service" you'll be provided.

I trust that you are not asking this question because you're interested in the bank's financial advising abilities. Remember that it's better to park easy-to-access money in simple, high interest-bearing accounts and handle your own investments.

bigtex

Post by bigtex » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Loik098 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Congratulations on your deposit-level-ability.

Banks use words like "premier", "platinum", "reserved" in order to make you feel like you are going to get services that the regular joe can't (hence, your question). They are simply using marketing to appeal to your vanity. Don't be fooled. Banks exist to make money, period.

If you park that much cash in their accounts, you should expect to be inundated with requests to have those accounts "reviewed" for "optimum performance." You might also get a red carpet rolled out for you and a free diet coke. Maybe a free safety deposit box or other token gifts. That's about the extent of the "service" you'll be provided.

I trust that you are not asking this question because you're interested in the bank's financial advising abilities. Remember that it's better to park easy-to-access money in simple, high interest-bearing accounts and handle your own investments.
Thanks this helps clear up what these accounts are.