Subaru infotainment issues -can people chime in?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
jayk238

Subaru infotainment issues -can people chime in?

Post by jayk238 »

Ive seen many many complaints on one thread on subaru forum and another here. Not sure if its just complainers or not.

Can anyone who ownes a outback from 2017-2018 models please say if they DONT have issues as well as if they do. I want to know if its just dashed expectations or a real issue.

For comparisons sake i find similar threads for the honda crv despite a stellar rep overall so not sure if its warranted. I currently have one w no issues.
ccieemeritus

Re: Subaru infotainment issues -can people chime in?

Post by ccieemeritus »

I am happy with my 2018 Subaru Outback entertainment system. The Bluetooth connects with my iPhone fine. If I plug in the wire I get the CarPlay feature set.
goldensam

Post by goldensam »

I am having a ton of issues with the head unit. I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245624

This was what I said:
I bought a 2018 Outback in September and have had nothing but problems with the head unit. I have already had it back to the dealership three times for issues where the head unit freezes on either a black screen, white screen, or the starry screen, and I am unable to use the back up camera, GPS, or adjust the volume on the radio. The radio issue sounds minor, except how many times have you needed to turn down the radio when you need to concentrate on traffic, or directions, rain, etc.? I consider the freezing to be a safety issue. In addition, the speed limit will show 105mph, which I know is just mistakenly showing in kph, but the fact that it switches back and forth is concerning. The clock will randomly display the wrong time, and then will switch back to the correct time. I've taken pictures of a few instances of issues I have had. Yesterday after I took it to the local dealership and they told me there was nothing they can do, I contacted the dealership where I bought it. They agreed something is clearly wrong and advised me to start a claim with SOA and they will make it right. I sent an email to SOA last night detailing several of the issues I have had, including pictures, and told them I would like to give them the opportunity to make this right before I pursue a claim under my state's lemon laws and ask them to buy it back or replace it. At this point, I want them to just buy it back. In addition to the issues themselves, the time I am spending at the dealer is unacceptable and unsustainable. I debated buying this car for 3 years before pulling the trigger and I am beyond disappointed in all of this.
goldensam

Post by goldensam »

I should add, the speed limit issue has only happened when the head unit is also frozen. Subaru is currently looking into the complaint I have logged and they told me the speed limit was controlled by what tomtom sends them and I should log a complaint with them. If it were happening when the head unit wasn't acting up, maybe. But I drive the same commute every day and it only is an issue when the head unit is frozen.
Topic Author
jayk238

Post by jayk238 »

ccieemeritus wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am I am happy with my 2018 Subaru Outback entertainment system. The Bluetooth connects with my iPhone fine. If I plug in the wire I get the CarPlay feature set.
how long have you had it
KT785

Post by KT785 »

jayk238 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 am Can anyone who ownes a outback from 2017-2018 models please say if they DONT have issues as well as if they do. I want to know if its just dashed expectations or a real issue.
For clarity, the 2017 Outback (and Legacy) head unit is different than the one introduced in model year 2018; I have a 2017 Outback and have had no infotainment issues and am not familiar with any major problems with the 2015-2017 head units. I am, however, aware some people have had issues with the new 2018+ head unit.
Topic Author
jayk238

Post by jayk238 »

KT785 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 pm
jayk238 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 am Can anyone who ownes a outback from 2017-2018 models please say if they DONT have issues as well as if they do. I want to know if its just dashed expectations or a real issue.
For clarity, the 2017 Outback (and Legacy) head unit is different than the one introduced in model year 2018; I have a 2017 Outback and have had no infotainment issues and am not familiar with any major problems with the 2015-2017 head units. I am, however, aware some people have had issues with the new 2018+ head unit.
how common is this? What should I do? Wait on 2019 or go ahead with the 2018
KT785

Post by KT785 »

jayk238 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm
Honestly, probably not as common as the internet makes it seem—as is the case with many complaints learned about online, one must reaize it’s likely a vocal minority (not that the complaints aren’t legitimate).

I’d suspect any issues could be corrected with software updates though you may want to wait until the 2019 model year is available, probably pretty soon.
ccieemeritus

Post by ccieemeritus »

jayk238 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm
ccieemeritus wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am I am happy with my 2018 Subaru Outback entertainment system. The Bluetooth connects with my iPhone fine. If I plug in the wire I get the CarPlay feature set.
how long have you had it
Bought in January.
CurlyDave

Post by CurlyDave »

I doubt they will buy the vehicle back because the entertainment system is not working properly.

My 2017 has no real issues, but the 2018s have a very different system.

They should be able to replace the entire entertainment system and I would be asking for that.
Answering a question is easy -- asking the right question is the hard part.
beyou

Post by beyou »

Confirmation that
1) Dont be first to buy a new model year
2) Dont spend extra to buy up electronics

I have owned 4 Subarus, and while I did not have an issue with the electronics, I never liked the way they bundle the nav system with other features. an expensive extra option that has been obsoleted with google maps.

Of my 4 Sub cars since 2000, 2 had manu defects they could never fix. They are really nice about it, but unable. I got the impression they wont even try (at Subaru, dealers try but with no fix from manufacturer, stumped on 2 very different problems).
goodlifer

Post by goodlifer »

blevine wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 am Confirmation that
1) Dont be first to buy a new model year
2) Dont spend extra to buy up electronics

I have owned 4 Subarus, and while I did not have an issue with the electronics, I never liked the way they bundle the nav system with other features. an expensive extra option that has been obsoleted with google maps.

Of my 4 Sub cars since 2000, 2 had manu defects they could never fix. They are really nice about it, but unable. I got the impression they wont even try (at Subaru, dealers try but with no fix from manufacturer, stumped on 2 very different problems).

This is my experience as well. I have a 2015 Outback and have had nothing but problems with the electronics. The navigation gives wrong directions and had old maps right from the start. I will be listening to the radio and "cancel" with a timer will suddenly pop up on the screen and won't go away. I can't do anything like use the navigation or change the station until it corrects itself. Sometimes it can go all day. Or the back up camera will either not go on while I'm backing up or come on late and not turn off for several blocks. Of course, I can't set the navigation or change stations while the camera is going. The dealership won't help. They say I must be touching buttons even when I showed them a video of the problem and I am clearly not touching anything. Or they use their favorite excuse, "You probably didn't put the gas cap on correctly". They constantly use that excuse even when the car is not in X mode. I kind of expected glitches with a new model year, but Subaru's lack of caring about anything has caused me to never buy another car from them.
goldensam

Post by goldensam »

CurlyDave wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 am I doubt they will buy the vehicle back because the entertainment system is not working properly.
It's not just that the "entertainment system is not working properly." I can't use my backup camera or GPS, and various other electrical issues included in my post, and some that aren't. I have had it in the dealership several times for software updates with no resolution. In Texas, after the vehicle is in the shop 4 times for the same issue with no resolution, the lemon law can be utilized and I intend to do so. If I had brought it in every single time it happened, instead of just the times I've had time to do it, we would be into the double digits. This is a $40k car and it is unacceptable.
goldensam

Post by goldensam »

KT785 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 pm
Honestly, probably not as common as the internet makes it seem—as is the case with many complaints learned about online, one must reaize it’s likely a vocal minority (not that the complaints aren’t legitimate).

I’d suspect any issues could be corrected with software updates though you may want to wait until the 2019 model year is available, probably pretty soon.
I've had mine in multiple times for software updates with no resolution.
Topic Author
jayk238

Post by jayk238 »

KT785 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Thats just it. I want more people with no issues to chime in. Otherwise this thread only proves that point
tcassette

Post by tcassette »

My 2018 Outback with the Harman Kardon system has some irritating design "features," but I have not experienced the lockups, blank screens, and other major issues you have heard about. There are workarounds for some of the "features" and overall, my unit has been dependable. The navigation has always worked fine. I have closely followed the threads on subaruoutback.org, and it seems that there is indeed at least a small number of units out there that have major problems that can't be corrected. Some people have had the head unit and amplifiers replaced, which may or may not correct the problems. There was one major software update issued early this year that is only available at Subaru dealers. Another major update is supposed to be available this month.

Many of the issues I have read about concern the Android Auto or Apple Carplay not working correctly. I don't use this feature so I don't know if I have those issues, but my bet is that incompatibilities among certain models of phones are the source of these issues. That is, some phones work, and some don't.

All that being said, clearly the dealers have no ability to independently address any issues. They have to wait for Subaru corporate to roll out software updates and other Technical Service Bulletins. Subaru corporate is dependent on Harman-Kardon for new software updates.

In summary, you may get a fully functioning unit or you may not, and if you get one that doesn't work right, Subaru may or may not be able to fix it.
folkher0

Post by folkher0 »

2018 Subaru outback 2.5i limited.

After a few months, the radio did not shut off when the car shut off. Couldn't turn it off. Dealer recommended replacing the NAV/AV unit. They were concerned that the battery would run down.

After unit was replaced, new unit was off. Volumes were variable, particularly if phone was connected. Unit was replaced again.

Since then everything has been fine for about 6 months.

No other complaints about the vehicle. Also happy with service and attention from the dealer. This was an annoying problem for sure, however.
DVMResident

Post by DVMResident »

DW has a '17 Touring Outback since Nov, 2017. She hasn't reported any issues with the infotainment system. I drive it on occasion and had no issue with the infotainment.
Austintatious

Post by Austintatious »

Is this kind of problem with electronics limited to the Outback? I would have thought the same electronic modules would be installed in other models, like the Forester, for example. Anyone having similar problems with the Forester?
Topic Author
jayk238

Post by jayk238 »

Austintatious wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:50 am Is this kind of problem with electronics limited to the Outback? I would have thought the same electronic modules would be installed in other models, like the Forester, for example. Anyone having similar problems with the Forester?
Id like to keep it specific to outback for this thread. I have looked extensively on forums and havent seen this for the forrester. Also several of my coworkers and bosses have the forreter within past 2 years. No issues.
Im assuming that the units are slightly different not necessarily in the guts but maybe the outback software builds are slightly different somehow from the forrester. Enough to cause issues w memory leaks etc.
KT785

Post by KT785 »

jayk238 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am
Austintatious wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:50 am Is this kind of problem with electronics limited to the Outback? I would have thought the same electronic modules would be installed in other models, like the Forester, for example. Anyone having similar problems with the Forester?
Id like to keep it specific to outback for this thread. I have looked extensively on forums and havent seen this for the forrester. Also several of my coworkers and bosses have the forreter within past 2 years. No issues.
Im assuming that the units are slightly different not necessarily in the guts but maybe the outback software builds are slightly different somehow from the forrester. Enough to cause issues w memory leaks etc.
The Legacy head unity is the same AFAIK given that the Legacy and Outback are essentially the same vehicle . . . so I might recommend checking out LegacyGT.org/forums/ in addition to SubaruOutback.org for additional data points.

Also, given that this issue is specific to model year 2018 and newer, perhaps the title of the thread (and original post) can be clarified; as I stated previously, the 2017 and previous model years have the older head unit which doesn't have these issues.

KT785
galectin

Post by galectin »

I have had a 2018 Outback Premium with EyeSight for 5 months and have not had any problems with the infotainment system. The radio, CD player and Apple Carplay all have worked fine.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

Just a piece of information. If you're getting nowhere and your backup camera isn't working when you're backing up, report that to your dealer, to SOA and to the NHTSA. That was a problem with introduction units of the 2017 Impreza (new model that year). I was very eager to drive one of them and they had a full stop sale and would not allow customers to test drive because of a backup camera software problem. I have to think that if they get enough reports of this, something's going to happen.

I don't (yet) have a model year in question. We have a 2013 Crosstrek Limited with the reverse camera and have never had an issue. Tomorrow, I pick up a 2017 Legacy Limited which has the reverse camera but not navigation. I'll keep an eye on it.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
folkher0

Post by folkher0 »

Definitely a problem with 2018 Outbacks. Its a new NAV system this years model. It just buggy.
beyou

Post by beyou »

Note for those saying “Never again Subaru”.
My first Subaru Outback had an emission control sensor issue that resulted in recall. Orig part was fine, replacement for recall service experienced terrible problems and NEVER resolved. So never fix what aint broke, but also Subaru was useless in fixing a known issue. I also had a chip/sw problem with a different Subaru model, same result, NEVER fixed, but lots of apologies and a gift from SOA.

That said, I had exact same emission control sensor issue in a Ford Mustang many years ago. Many Ford dealers could not figure it out, though eventually one did, and Ford covered the cost with a hidden/secret warrantee.
I found that one company, Bosch, makes the ecs for most brands of car. So when your car manufacturer has issues with electronics, it is rarely something they can fix themselves. Just keep it simple, buy lowest model with least third party electronics. I want wheels, not a mobile infotainment center.
Easy Rhino

Post by Easy Rhino »

Wife's 2017 outback's system is mostly okay.

Just yesterday, notice radio spontaneously changing channel 0.2 to one side.

also, if I Bluetooth link my Samsung galaxy S8, and try "not" to link it as a media player, then the Bluetooth phone link blinks in and out
alfaspider

Post by alfaspider »

My 2016 WRX STI's system is mostly ok, if rather dated (even for 2016). I've learned not to bother with trying any of the smartphone pairing options (i.e. the pandora app or starlink software). I just use bluetooth to interface with the smartphone, and it doesn't give me too much trouble.

I'm interested in upgrading to the 2019 headunit with carplay if they can be found cheap in a few years and if they are a direct swap.
cak9175

Post by cak9175 »

I have had many problems with my navigation system - so many including it not working / bluetooth radio included not working / recents, points of interest voice activated or typing it in not working / blank starry screen / radio turning on and off at full volume with "snapping" and "popping" sounds that literally startled me to drive off the road - been back and forth to the dealership numerous times - have had new sytems put it to where it works for a month maybe then stops working again, was just there 2 weeks ago they had my car for a week - did updates to the radio and told me to "keep an eye" on it cause they couldn't get it to duplicate the problem ...my car is now at the corporate level - and I don't know what to do ... =/
Hobo01

Post by Hobo01 »

I've had a 2018 outback limited for 1 year. I like the car. No problems with anything until today. The infotainment system is completely dead. Black screen. No backup camera, no navigation, no phone or USB connectivity, no radio, etc... This happened over night. One day everything worked, the next day it didn't. I guess that I'm lucky the car still drives.

I can't get an appointment with the dealer for more than 2 weeks. I've engaged in a "chat" on the dealer web site. As expected, no help but it might help build the documentation. They said someone would contact me tomorrow. I won't wait for the call.

I should have known better. I previously had a 2015 Outback with numerous electrical problems, all under warranty. That is a long story and the problems and visits to the dealer too numerous to recount. I traded it in for a new one and got a reasonable deal after a dealer rep actually said the magic word: Lemon. I must be an idiot, but I like the car better than the current competitive cars. But the car needs to work.

I did not properly document all issues and could not easily invoke my states lemon law on the 2015, even though it clearly fit the criteria. This time I will scrupulously document every interaction with Subaru. If the criteria to trigger the lemon law is met, my attorney will notify the dealer and I will contact my state attorney generals office that has jurisdiction over the law. If Subaru cannot fix the car 100% within the laws time period, I want my money back. Subaru fooled me once. It won't be so easy to fool me again.

If anyone is having similar problems, my advise is to check out your state lemon law. Carefully document all interactions with Subaru so you can invoke the lemon law if you need to.

FYI - Subaru has chosen not to participate in the Better Business Bureau Auto Line program. This is a BBB dispute resolution program that can help resolve lemon law complaints without the need for a lawyer on the consumer side. The list of participating car companies is long. I wonder why no Subaru?

If the dealer comes through and fixes the problem and it stays fixed for more than a month or two, I'll let everyone know. I want the car to work as purchased. I don't want to go car shopping again.
NJ_Bogler

Post by NJ_Bogler »

I've had a 2018 Outback for seven months. Infotainment unit died a couple weeks ago. Dealer said replacement units are on back-order (between 2-6 weeks). Acknowledged that this is a major issue; they are seeing a lot of dead units. But appears to be a Harman Kardon issue versus major electrical one (or perhaps that's wishful thinking). Also, heard that they are working (or perhaps have completed) a software update that will prevent this from happening to infotainment units, but that is unverified. I can imagine they want to preempt this via software versus having to replace hundreds of these units which will be pricy. They had me fill out a survey about how I use the infotainment unit, which did not inspire confidence that they have their arms wrapped around this.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

2018 Outback Limited bought new in June. No problems with anything*. Had 1st oil change this month and a software update was made at the same time. I don't do much with the infotainment except run Android Auto. Google Maps is way better than the Subaru provided map system. I did a road trip of about 3000 miles in November without any issues.

*OK, eyesight doesn't work in a blizzard and shuts itself off.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
msi

Post by msi »

Do the Outbacks having this issue have anything in common? It sounds like it's only the models with nav units. That is, if you just have the default " STARLINK™ 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus" then you don't have the problem, but if you opted for the version with navigation, then you can have problems.

Is that true?

Because I don't want/need factory nav. I'd rather just use Carplay.
BrainDrain

Post by BrainDrain »

I have a 2018 Outback Limited 2.5 and it’s been relatively problem free since purchase in February 2018. May have been one freeze in the head end unit, but for the most part it’s been reliable. Use Apple Carplay extensively, which is a great feature now that Apple allows you to use Google Maps with CarPlay. Nothing better than having the best nav that’s constantly updated on the big screen in the Subaru.

I did request the head end unit be updated at dealer just in case issues crop up that others describe. There was a time when my iPhone disconnected 3-4 times in a week from the unit, but this problem was resolved by replacing the Apple cable. Back up camera is slick with guidelines that bend as you crank the steering wheel. Love the car (and I’m picky!).

Perhaps my least favorite feature is the relatively gutless engine when revving from a standstill. There’s one place near my house where I must yield to take a left turn and cross three lanes of traffic while accelerating uphill to a highway. Living at 5,300 ft altitude, the engine accelerates slowly in that circumstance making me yearn for my family’s minivan! Like the great MPG though and am grateful I bought the car.
folkher0

Post by folkher0 »

folkher0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:00 am 2018 Subaru outback 2.5i limited.

After a few months, the radio did not shut off when the car shut off. Couldn't turn it off. Dealer recommended replacing the NAV/AV unit. They were concerned that the battery would run down.

After unit was replaced, new unit was off. Volumes were variable, particularly if phone was connected. Unit was replaced again.

Since then everything has been fine for about 6 months.

No other complaints about the vehicle. Also happy with service and attention from the dealer. This was an annoying problem for sure, however.
An update: about 5 months ago my wife ran out of gas. The trip computer said she had 20 miles left and the gas light never came on. Lesson learned, don’t drive it on a low tank.

Last week we got a recal notice from Subaru: the gas light and trip computer are known issues without a fix. They simply recommend keeping no less than 1/4 tank of gas in the car.

...another annoyance...

On the plus side, eyesight and adaptive cruise control is awesome.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

folkher0 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:39 amLast week we got a recal notice from Subaru: the gas light and trip computer are known issues without a fix. They simply recommend keeping no less than 1/4 tank of gas in the car.
Ah, yes, the empty tank indicator. The warning comes on at 1/4 tank left. Before I learned of the recall notice, I have driven to near empty each time as indicated by the "miles left" number and not what the gas gauge says. I have gone to as low as 20 miles left and usually fill up with 17+ gallons, but have filled up with more.

But there are active Subaru forums on the internet for all one's Subaru ranting needs.
folkher0

Post by folkher0 »

livesoft wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:12 am
folkher0 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:39 amLast week we got a recal notice from Subaru: the gas light and trip computer are known issues without a fix. They simply recommend keeping no less than 1/4 tank of gas in the car.
Ah, yes, the empty tank indicator. The warning comes on at 1/4 tank left. Before I learned of the recall notice, I have driven to near empty each time as indicated by the "miles left" number and not what the gas gauge says. I have gone to as low as 20 miles left and usually fill up with 17+ gallons, but have filled up with more.

But there are active Subaru forums on the internet for all one's Subaru ranting needs.
As much as we like the car, the electrical/infotainment issues are pretty significant. I can’t recommend buying one until they have been addressed.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

folkher0 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 amAs much as we like the car, the electrical/infotainment issues are pretty significant. I can’t recommend buying one until they have been addressed.
I like that because I usually always weaponize statements like that when trying to buy a car and thus get a lower price.
folkher0

Post by folkher0 »

livesoft wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:38 am
folkher0 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 amAs much as we like the car, the electrical/infotainment issues are pretty significant. I can’t recommend buying one until they have been addressed.
I like that because I usually always weaponize statements like that when trying to buy a car and thus get a lower price.
Haha be my guest. Tell them folkher0 from bogleheads doesn’t recommend the vehicle. Watch that price go down. /s
RootSki

Post by RootSki »

Doesn’t Subaru use a infotainment system borrowed from Toyota?
Lol_wut94

Post by Lol_wut94 »

I purchased one in July of 2018 and put probably 4k on it since. No issues other than the known recall of the fuel gauge thing.

Ive seen a lot of chatter about the infotainment issues in various subaru forums and not that worried about it tbh. It's a software problem that can be fixed and this is a company that has a decent history of fixing their problems.
nanosour

Post by nanosour »

Currently, dealers are unloading the Outbacks for close to $6K below MSRP. That's $3K below invoice. In Oct I got my local dealer down to $2,500 below invoice without much effort at all. I put $500 down on an inbound 2019 Touring Model ($40,180 MSRP), then I found out about this issue and requested my money back. Ended up with a 2015 CPO Lexus RX 350. W/O Nav BTW. :D
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

nanosour wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 am Currently, dealers are unloading the Outbacks for close to $6K below MSRP. That's $3K below invoice.
That has been the case for the past few years. Check OTD prices on the Outback forums before buying. One can look at past OTD prices and see that is a typical deal.

Lexus RX-350 are very nice vehicles. I have one.
Jp0122

Post by Jp0122 »

I have a 2014 forester and 2017 impreza. The infotainment system never worked well on the forester and I finally replaced it with an aftermarket unit in 2018 when the touchscreen failed. The impreza's head unit is integrated into the whole car and not easily replaced with an aftermarket unit. After a year of visits to the dealership, reprogramming, and a unit replacement, there are now almost no problems. For that year I just wanted them to buy back the car, the issues were so bad. Overall the impreza is a great car and the advanced safety and infotainment features are great. However, there's no way I can regain that first year of enjoyment that cost me 30 to 40% in depreciation. At one point I was seriously considering taking a big loss to get rid of the car. I would see what 2018 and 2019 buyers are experiencing.
msi

Post by msi »

And now a class action lawsuit over this https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018 ... iled.shtml
tytrevillian

Post by tytrevillian »

I am now on my second 2018 Subaru Outback limited. (The first car was purchased back by Subaru under lemon law) The first car was taken into the dealership 5 different times. We experienced black screens, frozen screens, frozen backup camera, radio not working, apple car play not working etc. At first it felt like we weren't really believed that our issues could be so severe in such a new car but eventually the dealership saw it for themselves. After months of dealing with Subaru of America they agreed to buyback the vehicle for a replacement vehicle. So, with the second car, we figured there would be no issues. Unfortunately, this has not been the case. This morning, our car's radio wouldn't work. It wouldn't play radio, bluetooth, or apple car play. It made the beeping sound when pressing the buttons, but no music. I ran by the dealership on the way to work so that they could see the issue. (Issues are intermittent, so it is important to do this. Also, video as much as you can to prove there is an issue.) Now they are telling us that they are ordering us a new amp for the car. Long story short, there are some major issues with their implementation of their infotainment systems in these cars. This was our second time bringing in the new (second) car for the same issue. I just don't think that this is worth $35,000 dollars if you can't even have access to the radio. I really wish that we had gone with a different brand of car.