Experian and Temporary Credit Thaw

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
wrongfunds

Experian and Temporary Credit Thaw

Post by wrongfunds » Tue May 15, 2018 11:22 am

Oh what a pain (one time unfreeze code) :-( The online never worked even with putting in the PIN. Once it seemed to have gotten further and actually asked for the credit card payment fee which I entered. But in the end, still said "can't do it; mail it in".

Finally starting doing it over the phone few times and selected to do timed unfreeze. It is extremely painful process but it took the money and at least did it. The stupid thing gave back 10 digit confirmation number so quickly that I could only write 1st 4 digits and there was no way to retrieve the number again.

Every single officer of that company should be hung by his privates :-(

lthenderson

Re: Experian and Temporary Credit Thaw

Post by lthenderson » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

I've always just waited until whomever sent me a letter saying they couldn't do what was needed due to not being able to access my credit and providing me with a phone number if I disagree. Once I get that letter, I go online and unfreeze my account for a day, call the number on the letter and get whatever I needed done over the phone. They have always done a credit pull while I'm on the phone. I've never messed around with the PINs.

wrongfunds

Post by wrongfunds » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

I go online and unfreeze my account for a day
This part just plainly does not work for Experian and there is no way to get human to answer (regardless of what Google tells you).

What a racket these guys have :-(

wilshuer

Post by wilshuer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:51 pm

I've done it twice since the start of the year, was very easy. Perhaps you didn't enter the PIN correctly.

rotorhead

Post by rotorhead » Tue May 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your difficulty.

I have temporarily lifted credit freeze with all 3 agencies several times in past few years without any problems.

Hopefully you'll have better luck next time.