Billpay/automated payments with BoA mortage?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
arf30

Billpay/automated payments with BoA mortage?

Post by arf30 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Anyone here paying a Bank of America mortgage with their bank's bill pay system? This is the only bill I haven't been able to automate - BoA requires you to log in to their site every month and manually trigger a payment. They only seem to support auto pay bill if you have a BoA checking account (no thanks). When I type "Bank of America" into two different bank's bill pay systems I get this weird screen which makes me think it's not actually possible (BoA publishes no address to mail them a check).

Screenshot from my bank's bill pay system:

I've also considered refinancing to move the mortage to Schwab or Alliant CU to just avoid BoA altogether.
Last edited by arf30 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silk McCue

Re: Billpay/automated payments with BoA mortage?

Post by Silk McCue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 pm

What happens when you enter the requested information and press next step?

Cheers

Freefun

Post by Freefun » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I use paytrust to pay some bills especially snail mail stuff. I haven't encountered anyone they can't pay and you can automate as much as you like.
Remember when you wanted what you currently have?

JBTX

Post by JBTX » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:20 pm

arf30 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 pm
Anyone here paying a Bank of America mortgage with their bank's bill pay system? This is the only bill I haven't been able to automate - BoA requires you to log in to their site every month and manually trigger a payment. They only seem to support auto pay bill if you have a BoA checking account (no thanks). When I type "Bank of America" into two different bank's bill pay systems I get this weird screen which makes me think it's not actually possible (BoA publishes no address to mail them a check):

I've also considered refinancing to move the mortage to Schwab or Alliant CU to just avoid BoA altogether.
If it is like their credit card you have to set up ebill in billpay first then set up automatic payments. It is kind of a clunky process. I suspect there is an alternative way to set up auto draft like filling out forms (maybe electronic) and submitting. I am sure it can be done, it just takes more work than it should.

arf30

Post by arf30 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Silk McCue wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Cheers

You can't proceed - BoA doesn't publish a mailing address for mortgage payment.

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm

arf30 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Silk McCue wrote:

Cheers

Answer: The Bank of America Mortgage Payment Address depends on which state you live in.

If you live in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine,Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, the payment mailing address is:

Bank of America Home Loans
PO Box 15222
Wilmington, DE 19886-5222

If you live in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming, the payment mailing address is:

PO Box 650070
Dallas, TX 75265-0070

http://www.mortgagequestions.org/knowle ... t-address/

arf30

Post by arf30 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Amazing, thank you.
Silk McCue wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm
arf30 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Silk McCue wrote:

Cheers

Answer: The Bank of America Mortgage Payment Address depends on which state you live in.

If you live in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine,Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, the payment mailing address is:

PO Box 15222
Wilmington, DE 19886-5222

If you live in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming, the payment mailing address is:

PO Box 650070
Dallas, TX 75265-0070

http://www.mortgagequestions.org/knowle ... t-address/

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers

arf30

Post by arf30 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm

I was able to get to the next screen and request eBill - but it'll be one or two billing cycles before I find out if it worked.

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

arf30 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm
I was able to get to the next screen and request eBill - but it'll be one or two billing cycles before I find out if it worked.
Excellent!