Anybody have the Moto E4 phone?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
catdude

Anybody have the Moto E4 phone?

Post by catdude » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi Bogleheads -

The other day I posted a message regarding the Motorola Moto G5 plus phone. I'm now taking a look at the Moto E4. Any of you folks use that phone? If so, what do you think of it? It gets glowing customer reviews on Amazon and Best Buy. But someone mentioned that its video capabilities aren't all that good. That concerns me -- good quality cat videos are important, of course. :)

Thanks in advance...
catdude | | "I yield to the gentleman for a few feeble remarks." (Congressman Thaddeus Stevens)

dm200

Re: Anybody have the Moto E4 phone?

Post by dm200 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm

catdude wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:39 pm
Hi Bogleheads -
The other day I posted a message regarding the Motorola Moto G5 plus phone. I'm now taking a look at the Moto E4. Any of you folks use that phone? If so, what do you think of it? It gets glowing customer reviews on Amazon and Best Buy. But someone mentioned that its video capabilities aren't all that good. That concerns me -- good quality cat videos are important, of course. :)
Thanks in advance...
DW and I upgraded from dumb phones to MotoE4s a few months ago on a Sprint family plan (with our son). No problems with this model at all. I watch many videos (most on Hulu).

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Motorola- ... to-G5-Plus

There are some great tools to compare two phones online.

See what the differences are. For light users, you may not know the difference.

E > G > X > Z > Z2

This is an approximate ladder for the Moto phones. E is the base model.
"We are here not to please but to provoke thoughtfulness" Unknown Boglehead

telemark

Post by telemark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I have an E4 and I'm happy with it, but I don't watch a lot of videos. I chose it over the G5 plus because the smaller size fits in my pocket better.

Love the removeable battery.

Exafchick

Post by Exafchick » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

I've had the Moto E4 (Virgin Mobile) and haven't had any issues. I love having more internal storage and adding the microSD card gives me even more!

dm200

Post by dm200 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

When DW and I switched to our current plan - the Moto E4 were new and very low cost smart phones.