What frugal thing did you do today?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
sunny_socal

Re: What frugal thing did you do today?

Post by sunny_socal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 am

NHcpa wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm
I did away with a land line years ago.. I would get rid of cable all together if it weren’t for the phone and internet. I have a family plan through my employer at $10/mo on the cell phones and still have the kids on it...and their in their 30’s. (Yes, they do reimburse me for the monthly).
We don't have a land line, but we do have a "land line" - The Obi 202 VOIP box and ported our number to Google Voice. It's likely the most frugal thing I've ever done! The service is 100% free and my wife spends hours on the phone every week.

We have Cricket for cell service but for home use the VOIP is better. No worries about running out of battery during a call and better voice quality :beer

N10sive

Post by N10sive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:03 am

2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 pm
N10sive wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm
I went to the gym today as well. Perhaps one of the least frugal things I did 10 years back was pay up front for a 4 year gym membership for something like $700 dollars, so roughly a little over 14 dollars a month. I am reaping those benefits now as the contract included 24 dollar annual fee for the rest of my life after the initial 4 year contract.
I'm jealous. I did the exact same thing in 2006 only my annual renewal after the initial $700/3 year membership ended became $79.
Was it 24hr? Just an FYI, if it was and your annual fee has risen from the beginning there is a class action lawsuit right now. Apparently they promised a fixed annual fee for the lifetime of the participant in the contract, however they most likely realized that was a loss leader and started raising people's annual fee. This didn't happen to me but just letting you know.

SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am

Church Lady wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:40 pm
I shovelled my walk and driveway the old fashioned way (a shovel) instead of firing up a snow blower. That's a two hour workout for the cost of a snow shovel, and I can use the snow shovel again and again.

Since my town is more or less snowed in, I prepared and ate all my meals at home.

Since I have all my faucets dripping to prevent frozen pipes, I collected the water and used it for hand laundry. I also soaked some chick peas overnight in water and have them going in the slow cooker.

I don't have the right accessories for sub zero wind chill temperatures (which are unusual around here), so I'm knitting them with church rummage sale yarn instead of ordering online (not that UPS is delivering) or buying them (not that the roads are clear enough to drive). Frugal fun!
Now this is the sort of thing I applaud. Well done, Church Lady.

Some of the other examples are bordering on questionable (like returning once-read books and throwing one's clothes into someone else's dryer). That's just being miserly and cheap.

Post by 2015 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 pm

N10sive wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:03 am
2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 pm
N10sive wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm
I went to the gym today as well. Perhaps one of the least frugal things I did 10 years back was pay up front for a 4 year gym membership for something like $700 dollars, so roughly a little over 14 dollars a month. I am reaping those benefits now as the contract included 24 dollar annual fee for the rest of my life after the initial 4 year contract.
I'm jealous. I did the exact same thing in 2006 only my annual renewal after the initial $700/3 year membership ended became $79.
Was it 24hr? Just an FYI, if it was and your annual fee has risen from the beginning there is a class action lawsuit right now. Apparently they promised a fixed annual fee for the lifetime of the participant in the contract, however they most likely realized that was a loss leader and started raising people's annual fee. This didn't happen to me but just letting you know.
Yes it was, but my fee has never risen. I've read and still have my contact, it specifically states the annual fee is $79 after the initial 3 year period, and does not include a clause for annual CPI-related increases (like a contract with a prior gym did).

bungalow10

Post by bungalow10 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

stoptothink wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:44 pm
IowaFarmWife wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm
david99 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm
IowaFarmWife wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:43 pm
I purchased an Instant Pot on Amazon after reading the Instant Pot thread on Bogelheads. I used my Amazon Prime Card and saved 5%, plus I saved $10 by signing up for the automatic reloading of my gift card. So , I did spend money but got a $15 discount.
You'll save money using the Instant Pot since it's cheaper than heating up the oven to cook food ---- so that's an additional frugal thing that you did.
Good point! Amazon is temporarily out of stock and they are shipping it at some unknown date in the future. I am anxious to get it and try it out.
Instant Pot is just a brand, and the most expensive one to boot. We have this monster https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-GW226 ... B01LVZY19H (easily cooks 2 whole chickens at the same time or enough soup for an entire week of dinner for our family of 4). We just kept checking Camelcamelcamel and actually got it at nearly a 50% discount, which was cheaper than a 6qt Instantpot. Zero issues.
Zero issues for you, but almost double the failure rate if you read reviews. Not worth the trouble.
An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and have a dime.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 pm

bungalow10 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm
stoptothink wrote:
IowaFarmWife wrote:
david99 wrote:
IowaFarmWife wrote:
I purchased an Instant Pot on Amazon after reading the Instant Pot thread on Bogelheads. I used my Amazon Prime Card and saved 5%, plus I saved $10 by signing up for the automatic reloading of my gift card. So , I did spend money but got a $15 discount.
You'll save money using the Instant Pot since it's cheaper than heating up the oven to cook food ---- so that's an additional frugal thing that you did.
Good point! Amazon is temporarily out of stock and they are shipping it at some unknown date in the future. I am anxious to get it and try it out.
Instant Pot is just a brand, and the most expensive one to boot. We have this monster https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-GW226 ... B01LVZY19H (easily cooks 2 whole chickens at the same time or enough soup for an entire week of dinner for our family of 4). We just kept checking Camelcamelcamel and actually got it at nearly a 50% discount, which was cheaper than a 6qt Instantpot. Zero issues.
Zero issues for you, but almost double the failure rate if you read reviews. Not worth the trouble.
Reading consumer reviews is hardly generalizable and valid statistical analysis, although it is the only thing we have to go on. For instance, our experience with the GoWise product has been far better than my mother's with her InstantPot, and we saved a significant amount of money. Just one anecdotal data point. I was just trying to make the other poster aware that InstantPot is just a brand, there are many manufacturers of electric pressure cookers. If they want one and Amazon is out, there are a number of alternatives.

Regattamom

Post by Regattamom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:19 pm

I ordered 25 lbs of whole grain spelt flour online for $39.98 and free shipping. I only use spelt for baking and purchasing in a large quantity saves about $1.00 per pound (when I can find it!)

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 pm

2 things earned money the last few days. I put my cable on hold for my upcoming vacation. I save over $100 for a month. The second thing is I cancelled one hotel because I didn’t like the fact that they charged me for booking on a cancellation booking, and booked on another one. They finally reimbursed me for the charge and I noticed due to exchange rate, I made $12 profit on the amount they charged and reimbursed.

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm

DrGoogle2017 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 pm
2 things earned money the last few days. I put my cable on hold for my upcoming vacation. I save over $100 for a month. The second thing is I cancelled one hotel because I didn’t like the fact that they charged me for booking on a cancellation booking, and booked on another one. They finally reimbursed me for the charge and I noticed due to exchange rate, I made $12 profit on the amount they charged and reimbursed.
But, you are paying over $100/mo for cable when not on vacation
...and...
the $12 exchange profit will likely be lost on the replacement booking, assuming it was made on the same currency.

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 pm

neilpilot wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm
DrGoogle2017 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 pm
But, you are paying over $100/mo for cable when not on vacation
...and...
the $12 exchange profit will likely be lost on the replacement booking, assuming it was made on the same currency.
I agree, I pay $155 on cable, but it’s cheap entertainment for my husband and I. But at least it’s not charging while we are on vacation.
Replacement booking is cheaper and more convenient. So it’s a win win.

LadyIJ

Post by LadyIJ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

mak1277 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm
bearcub wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm
While in the laundromat I noticed a woman putting her clothes in a dryer. On the phone she told a friend she would be right over. A half hour walk was no problem. So I opened her dryer + threw my clothes in with hers. Got dryed for free. She never knew.
This definitely transcends "frugal" and should be classified as "cheap"
It's worse than cheap - downright dishonest. I wouldn't want a stranger's clothes drying with mine. How do I know what cooties are in it? That is JUST TERRIBLE and possibly illegal!

LadyIJ

Post by LadyIJ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Dasnyc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:56 am
Sorry folks, but some of these ‘frugalities’ are quite disturbing. Piggybacking on another’s laundry? Knowingly purchasing and then returning books, after consuming the content? These go waaaay beyond frugal. Let’s get a grip on the ethics of our choices!
well said!

TierArtz

Post by TierArtz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Reuse gently-used Costco economy paper plates:
1. Our two cats have me trained and often beg for a snack after my lunch (usually leftovers). If there is a paper plate w/out too much hot sauce on it, I'll cut it in half and each gets 1/2 of a 1oz. Sheba entree on half a plate. The rest of the time they're "stuck" with Science Diet kibble.

2. Dump coffee grounds on top of a used paper plate until its full, and then send a kid to the garden/orchard to deposit the grounds around a designated plant/tree. DW would not let me buy a counter-top composter, based on space and aesthetics. So far, my few-days-old Costco plate method has gotten a pass.

IndigoE

Post by IndigoE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm

First of all, I'm spending the winter in Marrakech, Morocco so, no heating bills. Beyond that I made lentil soup from scratch (of course) for lunch and my husband is making dinner as I write. Couldn't be more frugal or Mor fun!

rebellovw

Post by rebellovw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Why didn't I think of this?

http://fortune.com/2018/01/11/woman-ret ... tmas-tree/

I just put mine out on the curb to be picked up - I should have returned it!

:D

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:11 pm

IndigoE wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm
First of all, I'm spending the winter in Marrakech, Morocco so, no heating bills. Beyond that I made lentil soup from scratch (of course) for lunch and my husband is making dinner as I write. Couldn't be more frugal or Mor fun!
Thank you for setting a great example!
What was for dinner?
Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity

Colorado13

Post by Colorado13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 pm

I used a 30% off coupon at Kohls and bought slippers for $3.08. Then I came home, put the slippers on, and turned the thermostat down.

Cycle

Post by Cycle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm

In Galapagos, there was a delicious seafood stew with lobster tail for $15 that I passed on. I bought the almuerzos meal for $5, which is what the locals eat. Yesterday I walked half a mile to a street food market and ate dinner for $2 with other travelers... A 600ml beer was $1.80.

Diving with hammerheads... $175, not frugal...

crit

Post by crit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm

I changed the batteries in our front door combination lock.

Oh wait, oops, I didn't, even though I suspected it sounded like the batteries were dying.

You all know what a locksmith costs, right?

Don't be me. Change the batteries. Much cheaper.

snowblinded

Post by snowblinded » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 am

Through Vanguard, moved a rollover IRA fund to Admiral Shares for a lower fee that will save $25 a year. Took 1 minute to click through the Vanguard recommendation to do so, so I figure that's $1500/hr work.

3feetpete

Post by 3feetpete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:28 am

Replaced the wiper blades on my 10 year old Honda Pilot. Bought the replacement rubber on Amazon for $7. The local auto stores don't even carry them. They want to sell you the the the entire blade for $30.

3hrs

Post by 3hrs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 am

Darned some holes in my favorite wool socks using a darning egg my grandfather made 90 years ago. Should be good for a few more years.

fundseeker

Post by fundseeker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 am

Replaced hot surface igniter ($20 or less part online) after gas furnace stopped working. This is the part that creates the orange glow in the furnace and ignites the gas.

Jump started a dead cordless drill battery that would not charge, until I did the jump start with a working battery (lots of Youtubes on that easy process).

Added a stick of RAM to MacBookPro that had been running slow for a long time.

sc9182

Post by sc9182 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 am

Hoping making money is also good (if not better than saving/being-frugal).

Fidelity promotions team offered $2500 Retention bonus on continue to keep portfolio with them (portfolio >> 1MM, but less than 5MM).

Update: Just got credited $2500 split with assets-weighted ratio between IRA (Entry: Commission Credit Commission Adj $$$) and Brokerage (Entry: Journaled goodwill cash $$$) accounts. It's fast this time, Retention bonus kicked in much faster than Transfer-in bonus as credited in Q4 2016. Time to make short trip and hand over Happy New Year $25 gift to my account team :-)

Here is the frugal part (btw, when on mission to save/frugal, my attitude is 'optimize' - ie., save as much but also try to enhance this frugal task going with better service/product!)

Without much further preaching: Talked with retention dept of our home Internet Provider: got double the speed plus $10/month rate reduction with 1-year promo.

Changed heat-exchanger A/C filter (proactive, you save monies unspent due to repairs). Already have Nests and LEDs tastefully.

Installed Timer switch for porch/front lights (CFLs, going strong 6 years)

hulburt1

Post by hulburt1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am

I always buy my summer cloths at the end of summer and winter cloths at the end of winter. I always look poor when I go shopping. Sometimes I get a big discount. I went to a restaurant while I was traveling and someone tried to slip me a $5. Said his wife felt sorry for me. When I left I paid there bill.
I've been frugal all my life. That might be the reason I have 2.5m.

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 pm

bungalow10 wrote:
stoptothink wrote:
IowaFarmWife wrote:
david99 wrote:
IowaFarmWife wrote:
Also, a 14 qt pressure cooker is HUGE. Great if you are always making huge quantities. But for smaller quantities, it would take a lot longer to get up to pressure. It is $140 now on Amazon- I got 2 6 qt Instant Pots for that.

Afty

Post by Afty » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm

On the topic of Instant Pots: I cooked a big batch of black beans (recipe for the curious) in mine yesterday. I'll count this as frugal since I made it from scratch instead of buying canned beans. Not totally sure it's cheaper this way, but it certainly tastes better. :)

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 pm

hulburt1 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am
I always buy my summer cloths at the end of summer and winter cloths at the end of winter. I always look poor when I go shopping. Sometimes I get a big discount. I went to a restaurant while I was traveling and someone tried to slip me a $5. Said his wife felt sorry for me. When I left I paid there bill.
I like the clothes buying strategy; I do draw the line at looking so poor that strangers give me money, but maybe one day I’ll get there

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:32 pm

I just let my girlfriend buy lunch

TwstdSista

Post by TwstdSista » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 pm

I used both coupons and my RED card at Target.

Although, I guess that means I went shopping and spent money. Hmmm.

IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm

RRAAYY3 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 pm
hulburt1 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am
I like the clothes buying strategy; I do draw the line at looking so poor that strangers give me money, but maybe one day I’ll get there
This reminds me of something that happened to me and my mother many years ago. We had gone out a few days before Christmas to buy our "real" Christmas tree at one of the local grocery stores. My mother was paying for it, and trying to avoid writing a check, was digging through her purse looking for cash. A few men in line behind us saw her shaking out all of the change at the bottom of her purse and thinking we didn't have enough money to buy the tree, and despite my mother's protests, very kindly insisted on not only buying the Christmas tree, but carried it out to our station wagon and tied it up on the roof of the car for us.

HoosierJim

Post by HoosierJim » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Hand washed pickup truck when temperature hit 50 the other day - nice to get fresh water to rinse the salt in the hard to reach places with the hose. Always wondered what the salt concentrations get to in a commercial car wash?

Also may have talked relative into using unlimited 3G tethering on their phone in place of their expensive AT&T internet. AT&T continuously jerked them around and had performance problems. They were paying a lot for infrequent use and low bandwidth.

bbradb

Post by bbradb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Cold Saturday so decided to tackle indoor plumbing repair. Faucet in the guest bath malfunctioning. When I described problem to Lowes guy, he said "yes they might have repair parts but you are probably better off just replacing the faucet set. Not totally sure what my problem might be, I bought a $60 close match. When I got home and began working on the faucet, I noticed it was a Moen brand which is way better than China product I bought. Hmmm, began disassembling unit and once I found the issue which l decided was probably a doable fix I went on line for YouTube help. Pretty quickly, I picked up that Moen has a lifetime warranty and will usually send out parts free. I quickly decided that I could wait until Monday to give them a call and I hustled to Lowes and returned the $60 new set. Just for the heck of it, now that I had focused in on the problem, I went back to the repair parts section and found exactly what I need for 20 bucks. I deciuded to buy the kit as a backup in case Moen lets me down but I'm betting they won't.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 am

michaeljc70 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 pm
bungalow10 wrote:
stoptothink wrote:
IowaFarmWife wrote:
david99 wrote:

Also, a 14 qt pressure cooker is HUGE. Great if you are always making huge quantities. But for smaller quantities, it would take a lot longer to get up to pressure. It is $140 now on Amazon- I got 2 6 qt Instant Pots for that.
Yes 14qts is massive. If you've ever read any of the grocery threads, you've probably read about how my family goes about eating healthy on the (extreme) cheap. That pressure cooker is used once a week, to prepare enough food (usually various cuts of meat or a bone brother-based soup) for a family of 4 for a week. I believe we got it for $76.

ramsfan

Post by ramsfan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 am

We are doing a nice family trip in March (not so frugal, but worth it to us). The travel insurance is something I was contemplating, as we have some risks related to the trip, due to health issues of family. The insurance was about $110 a person. I wanted to have this trip insured, and took the time to review my credit card benefits, which provide identical insurance to that which was offered as part of the trip. So, save a bunch of cash, and have the insurance I want.

I am really impressed with credit card benefits these days, not just travel insurance, but also extended warranty, purchase protection, etc...

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Frugal thing is that I refused to pay for an upgrade for my flight from LAX to Hawaii. But I ended up with a extra comfort seat upgrade anyway. Plus I stay at a hotel that I’m a Gold member and I get free WiFi, free breakfast, and also free food at happy hours.
Last edited by DrGoogle2017 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

mfswatz9

Post by mfswatz9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:17 pm

I went to Costco today and bought a rotisserie chicken. That will be 2 dinners and at least 2 lunches for the two of us. I also filled up the car with gas while I was there. :dollar

Boogieknight

Post by Boogieknight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

I replaced the scratched rear lens cover and the broken charging port cover on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Parts about $5 total on Amazon, they even come as a pair. Took less than a half hour including the time to find and view the YouTube videos. Put another pair in my shopping cart.

PS I made a Costco run too, and gassed up the pickup. Only needed a half-tank so I splurged on 93 octane....

aceoperations

Post by aceoperations » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Boogieknight wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm
so I splurged on 93 octane....
Higher octane fuel does nothing for your vehicle that would otherwise run on lower octane fuel.

Boogieknight

Post by Boogieknight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

"Higher octane fuel does nothing for your vehicle...."

That's what they say, but it's my baby, the difference was only 35 cents/gallon and I only needed 10 gallons. So like I said I splurge now and then on a half tank. So there!

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Boogieknight wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm
"Higher octane fuel does nothing for your vehicle...."

That's what they say, but it's my baby, the difference was only 35 cents/gallon and I only needed 10 gallons. So like I said I splurge now and then on a half tank. So there!
Wasting $3.50 is anti-frugal

windaar

Post by windaar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 pm

I picked up a dime.

macheta

Post by macheta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 pm

i cancelled my monthly yoga. I can do it at the gym instead.

Determined

Post by Determined » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 pm

I talked the internet provider into crediting me $27.77 after they decided to up my bill. There is a rate available that is just a few dollars more than what a had.

macheta

Post by macheta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 pm

sunny_socal wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 am
NHcpa wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm
I did away with a land line years ago.. I would get rid of cable all together if it weren’t for the phone and internet. I have a family plan through my employer at $10/mo on the cell phones and still have the kids on it...and their in their 30’s. (Yes, they do reimburse me for the monthly).
We don't have a land line, but we do have a "land line" - The Obi 202 VOIP box and ported our number to Google Voice. It's likely the most frugal thing I've ever done! The service is 100% free and my wife spends hours on the phone every week.

We have Cricket for cell service but for home use the VOIP is better. No worries about running out of battery during a call and better voice quality :beer
I bought my first obi in 2011. Good tool but I would not put it down on my financial accounts as my number. I would use my cell instead.

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:14 pm

I took the bus in Hawaii for the first time, I mentioned that my husband is a Senior citizen, immediate 1/2 discount for a day pass. He had to show his Medicare card, luckily he had it with him. But the trick is you have to have exact cash to take advantage of the discount, the bus gives no change back.

Ged

Post by Ged » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Went to Costco and bought only gas and the items on the list my wife gave me. It was premium but that's what my car's manual says to use.

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 am

Not just today, but every day. We have no phone plans, no smart phones, only a flip phone used only for on the road emergencies costing about $100 a year. (Yeah, we have a land phone which includes DSL costing $65 a month.)
People should not say everything they think. They should think about everything they say.

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 am

mfswatz9 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:17 pm
I went to Costco today and bought a rotisserie chicken. That will be 2 dinners and at least 2 lunches for the two of us. I also filled up the car with gas while I was there. :dollar
Better than that, I cooked a whole chicken myself for even less good for 2 dinners and 2 lunches.
People should not say everything they think. They should think about everything they say.

Kalo

Post by Kalo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 am

I filled ice cube trays instead of going to the store for a bag of ice. But the reason is we had snow and ice and I didn't want to go out in it. Might keep it up now tho. Could save me eight or ten bucks a month. And better cubes. Have really nice trays from some premium store I can't remember the name of. Super hardened plastic trays with lids. Cubes pop right out. When I buy bags, the end of the bag gets pretty slushy. Not the end of the world, but not rocks either.

Kalo
"When people say they have a high risk tolerance, what they really mean is that they are willing to make a lot of money." -- Ben Stein/Phil DeMuth - The Little Book of Bullet Proof Investing.