Yahoo Mail: Only auto-suggest from Address Book?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
runner9

Yahoo Mail: Only auto-suggest from Address Book?

Post by runner9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:04 am

I just took over as Cubmaster of my son's cub scout pack and I'm happy to have the position. With it comes an e-mail address that can be frustrating.

One big problem I can't figure out is that when I go to compose an e-mail and start typing a name, Michelle let's say, it will auto suggest every e-mail address the account has ever sent to with michelle in the name. (as best I can determine) So, if there was a Michelle who's son moved on 3 years ago and a current Michelle who changed or e-mail address or it was entered wrong at first then I get THREE e-mail addresses when I start typing a name. When I have 55 boys and don't know all of their parents let along their e-mail addresses by heart this gets problematic.

In the address book there's only 1 Michelle with the correct e-mail. I can't figure out a way to make auto-suggest only suggest only names/e-mails in the address book. Any suggestions? Only thought is to try to go to the address book and select who to compose to.

I have groups for each den and whole pack, but when it's something else, like those going on a campout, etc. I get stuck.

Thanks!

PFInterest

Re: Yahoo Mail: Only auto-suggest from Address Book?

Post by PFInterest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 pm

1) move to gmail
2) create group email
3) .....
4) profit!

RudyS

Re: Yahoo Mail: Only auto-suggest from Address Book?

Post by RudyS » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 pm

It's a lot of work, but I think you can get to the contacts list, and delete any that aren't valid. You'd need to work from an actual current list.