My E-Verify: Unable to create account???

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
need403bhelp

My E-Verify: Unable to create account???

Post by need403bhelp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Dear All:

After the Equifax hack, I tried to create accounts for myself and my wife at all requisite places (mySS, informed delivery, etc.) to prevent someone else from creating them. I also established a fraud alert (I know that the recommendation is a freeze, but this is not something we can do at this point in time) on all accounts, which prevented creating some accounts, like my e-verify.

However, the fraud alert is now off our credit reports. My wife was able to create an account just fine, but when I keep trying I am told:

"Sorry, we are unable to give you access to the Self Check service at this time because the third party identity assurance service was unable to generate enough information about you in order to create a quiz to confirm your identity. The information you provided has not been checked against U.S. government databases for employment eligibility."

The only difference between us at this point is my Chex is frozen whereas hers is temporarily thawed (wanted to add her to some accounts). Could My E-Verify actually be getting identity information from ChexSystems? If not, any other insights?

Thank you!

need403bhelp

Re: My E-Verify: Unable to create account???

Post by need403bhelp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm

For future reference, after having my Transunion and Equifax credit reports unlocked for several days, I was finally able to create a my e-verify account.