Dublin - weekend with kids

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
bungalow10

Dublin - weekend with kids

Post by bungalow10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 am

We are flying into Dublin on Friday the 19th in the morning, flying out on the 21st (Sunday) mid-afternoon. Any suggestions of things we must do or tours to take while there?

We are good with lots of walking, love to eat. Kids are 10, 8, and 5. I think the eight year old want to see the Bog Man. DH and I want to drink some whiskey and/or beer.

We are staying at The Morrison.

Open to suggestions, we just booked our flights yesterday hoping we'd find some fun stuff to do.
An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and have a dime.

SrGrumpy

Re: Dublin - weekend with kids

Post by SrGrumpy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 am

There's a leprechaun museum.

P.S. TripAdvisor is your friend.

Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:59 am

There was another recent Dublin visit topic, Recommendations for 72 hours in Dublin, Ireland, that you might want to review.

The kids would probably also like the Dead Zoo in addition to seeing the Bog Man in the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology. Both buildings are in the same area.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

epictetus

Post by epictetus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am

here is what Rick Steves suggests:

https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/ireland/dublin
Focus on what you can control

Van-Guard23

Post by Van-Guard23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm

My wife and I visited Dublin over 4-5 days prior to heading up to Edinburgh a couple of years ago. We like to walk so we explored pretty much all the “tourist” attractions in Dublin, that interested us, on foot (i.e. Grafton Street, Temple Bar, St. Stephen’s Green, Trinity College, O’Connell Steet, St. Patrick’s and Christ Church Cathedrals, Ha’penny Bridge, Dublin Castle, Literary Pub Crawl, etc.)...but we truly enjoyed our day trips with Paddywagon Tours to explore Cliffs of Moher and Giant’s Causeway.
"I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college" | The Police "Wrapped Around Your Finger"