TurboTax Prices

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
deskjockey

Re: TurboTax Prices

Post by deskjockey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:04 am

Amazon now has Turbotax Premier for $54.99 for both the CD and download. That's the best price I've seen from a trusted vendor. I just bought my copy.

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:13 am

cherijoh wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:00 am
DaftInvestor wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am
TravelGeek wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 pm
So for those who plan on buying TurboTax (that includes me), what vendor has historically offered the best prices, and roughly when?

I have camelcamelcamel track the Amazon price for me.
Last year I found that Amazon was periodically dropping the price for the CD (Premier with fed/state - product I was looking for - not sure about others) such that it was cheaper than online or Amazon/other download offers. Buying the physical CD seemed so old school but it was $15 cheaper.
Amazon had it for about $10 off list price earlier this week. But there were some online reviews that there were download issues with Windows 10. I don't know if they managed to fix the issue since those reviews.
Not sure what you mean by $10 off list - I have never seen it that expensive on Amazon.
It's currently $35 off list (for $54.99 as someone above mentioned - list for Premier with 5-Fed filings and State download is $89.99 - prior to that it was $20 off list).

rjbraun

Post by rjbraun » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 am

HueyLD wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 am
A Mac version will only work on Mac.

You can download it onto more than one Mac. As you know, almost everybody owns a few gadget nowadays. I downloaded my PC version onto two PCs because I prefer to have access to the software in two places.

Think about it this way. You installed it on Mac #1 but it just died. You should be able to install it on another Mac.

In fact, you can re-download the software three years later because you likely will have a new Mac or PC after three years.

P.s. if you buy a disk, it will contain both the PC and Mac versions.
Thank you, HueyLD.

So, Mac #1 dies and I download software to my Mac #2. What happens if I try to download to someone else's Mac, so they can save money, let's say? Is that allowed but Turbo Tax limits how many individuals can actually file a return? Or can Turbo Tax detect the owner of the Mac and thereby restrict downloads to only Macs registered to the same owner?

Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to confirm whether I can download the software to SO's Mac, in the event I am unable to successfully upgrade my Mac's operating system.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:17 pm

I think Intuit has a tracking system to limit each purchase to five federal efilings no matter how many machines you have.

And that's what the software purchase allows - up to five federal filings.

I had to purchase a new PC because my older PCs are either no longer supported or too slow to run TT. So, I downloaded previous year's TT on the new PC and such downloads were technically on the third machine.

As long as you follow the software rules, you shouldn't have any issues.

BigFoot48

Post by BigFoot48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Bought Premier for $54.86 at Costco today. Installed it on my desktop then ran the DVD through a program that converted it to an iso file which I then used to install it on my no-DVD drive laptop using yet another program. All ready now for the statements that Schwab said should be available the first week of February.
Last edited by BigFoot48 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired | Two-time in top-10 in Bogleheads S&P500 contest; 12-time loser

Invest4lt

Post by Invest4lt » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:12 pm

HueyLD wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 am
Costco usually has a similar price but only for the disks. Computers rarely come with optical drives anymore. So I wonder who is buying all those disks.
One can get an external CD drive for those computers w/o optical drives.

I have not used a CD in a long time, but a lot of people still prefer CDs over downloads.
The Costco versions now include both CDs AND the ability to download. I purchased from Costco today.

drk

Post by drk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:16 pm

For those purchasing on Amazon: if you have linked your American Express Membership Rewards account, you can use the code AMEXSOFTWARE to get $15 off when you use at least 1 MR point to pay. I just got Premier for $44.02 that way.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:05 am

Invest4lt wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:12 pm
HueyLD wrote:
Costco usually has a similar price but only for the disks. Computers rarely come with optical drives anymore. So I wonder who is buying all those disks.

I have not used a CD in a long time, but a lot of people still prefer CDs over downloads.
The Costco versions now include both CDs AND the ability to download. I purchased from Costco today.
Thank you. I am going to buy a CD from Costco soon for a family member and it is nice to know that the CD comes with an option to download.

BobTexas

Post by BobTexas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Invest4lt wrote:
HueyLD wrote:

I just purchased the Costco version and it looks like you have to call Intuit to get the download, and they aren't open until Tuesday

david99

Post by david99 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 pm

I also purchased the deluxe version at Costco for $40.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 pm

According to Intuit, you can "prepare" as many federal returns as you want, but you can only efile up to five federal returns.

That's the licensing agreement you have with the Intuit and I am not going to violate the agreement I legally agreed to by clicking on the "I agree" button.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/19013 ... r-download

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 pm

I got Premier version from Costco too. Already started on my tax return and my daughter’s
Last edited by DrGoogle2017 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

FB01

Post by FB01 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:23 pm

Invest4lt wrote:
HueyLD wrote:

Does that mean, that I can go to the website and download the Turbotax software? My Mac does have CD ROM now so I can only download the software and not insert the CD. If I buy the CD from Costco, can I still download the software without inserting the CD?

Can you please confirm?

BobTexas

Post by BobTexas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:04 pm

FB01 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Invest4lt wrote:
HueyLD wrote:

Does that mean, that I can go to the website and download the Turbotax software? My Mac does have CD ROM now so I can only download the software and not insert the CD. If I buy the CD from Costco, can I still download the software without inserting the CD?

Can you please confirm?
I believe that you have to call Intuit in order to set up the download.

See:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/25905 ... a-cd-drive

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am

HueyLD wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 pm
According to Intuit, you can "prepare" as many federal returns as you want, but you can only efile up to five federal returns.

That's the licensing agreement you have with the Intuit and I am not going to violate the agreement I legally agreed to by clicking on the "I agree" button.

That's a completely different issue. You said "Intuit has a tracking system to limit each purchase to five federal efilings no matter how many machines you have." That's not correct.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 am

MisterBill wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am
HueyLD wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 pm

That's a completely different issue. You said "Intuit has a tracking system to limit each purchase to five federal efilings no matter how many machines you have." That's not correct.
I said "I think" before the sentence you quoted because I wasn't sure. Go read my post above again and stop distorting my sentence!

Anyway, I am going to abide by the software agreement and I will not respond anymore to this thread.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 am

Discussions of dishonest behavior or bypassing the law is totally unacceptable. I removed an off-topic post which intended to bypass the software terms of agreement.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Bypassing software Agreements is so 20 plus years ago and still unethical and illegal. I worked at a software company and it provided a better appreciation.

If one wants Quicken, the cost is cheap for the benefits.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

wije

Post by wije » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm

drk wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:16 pm
For those purchasing on Amazon: if you have linked your American Express Membership Rewards account, you can use the code AMEXSOFTWARE to get $15 off when you use at least 1 MR point to pay. I just got Premier for $44.02 that way.
I tried clicking on your link, but it said I'm not eligible for the offer. I went to checkout, applied one 1 MR point ($.01) to the purchase, and typed in AMEXSOFTWARE under gift card/promotional code, but I got an error message saying "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

drk

Post by drk » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:04 pm

FB01 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Invest4lt wrote:
HueyLD wrote:

Can you please confirm?
Do you have another Mac around with a CD/DVD drive? If so, you can use it as a Remote Disc drive (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203973).

drk

Post by drk » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:18 pm

wije wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm
drk wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:16 pm
I tried clicking on your link, but it said I'm not eligible for the offer. I went to checkout, applied one 1 MR point ($.01) to the purchase, and typed in AMEXSOFTWARE under gift card/promotional code, but I got an error message saying "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."
That's strange! I'm sorry that it's not working for you. Looking again at the Doctor of Credit post where I found it, it looks like it's targeted, so it might just be bad luck.

BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Pranav wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am
I would like to ask if my relative should get Fed only version or Fed + State version for following situation:

My relative is single and lives in Texas and worked at an office in Texas for a six months contract job (engineering) for QLogic, a subsidiary of Cavium. Both the subsidiary and the parent company have headquarters in California.
I would imagine it is all just considered Texas income and it doesn't matter that the subsidiary and parent company are in California. When I worked for companies in the past that HQ'd in CA, I still had all my wages paid based on living and working in FL.

Does their W2 or 1099 (or itemized pay in lieu of those) indicating any state tax withheld? If so, what state?

Pranav

Post by Pranav » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 pm

BrandonBogle wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:13 pm
Pranav wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am
I would like to ask if my relative should get Fed only version or Fed + State version for following situation:

My relative is single and lives in Texas and worked at an office in Texas for a six months contract job (engineering) for QLogic, a subsidiary of Cavium. Both the subsidiary and the parent company have headquarters in California.
I would imagine it is all just considered Texas income and it doesn't matter that the subsidiary and parent company are in California. When I worked for companies in the past that HQ'd in CA, I still had all my wages paid based on living and working in FL.

Does their W2 or 1099 (or itemized pay in lieu of those) indicating any state tax withheld? If so, what state?
Thanks for reply. I can comment on W2 or 1099 once they are received within next few weeks. The contract was done through InsightGlobal staffing agency, which is also based in California.
Pranav

rgs92

Post by rgs92 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm

TurboTax deluxe 2017 federal + state for ~$39 + tax at Newegg. (On CD only for some reason. Free shipping by Fedex.)

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm

H&R Block sent me a CD a month or so ago. It was $15 for Deluxe Federal/State. You can eFile 5 Federal returns for free but efiling of state returns is extra. It seemed like a good deal so I took it. I switched from TT a few years ago. I find them to be roughly comparable.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm

I found TT Premier for $59.99 on the Vanguard site and if you are a member of USAA for $44.99
I used TT Premier last year that I got from USAA. Will probably do the same this year, but will wait until the buying mania quiets down. Maybe a lower price will pop up later on.
Part-Owner of Texas | | “The CMH-the Cost Matters Hypothesis -is all that is needed to explain why indexing must and will work… Yes, it is that simple.” John C. Bogle

chery1000

Post by chery1000 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I generaly like the cd version because it is tangable and can be returned.I am a 16 year user of TT pro or Home business. I agree with a poster who said stay away from Staples.

I went to Staples to by the tax year 2017 Home Business version. The floor rack of emply TT home business indicated that I could buy the 2017 tax year version.

But, the Staples guy pull a switch on me and gave me the 2016 year cd version. When I put it into my computer naturally the system had a pop-up which said to uninstall the prior 2016 version. Now, I have to drive back to Staples and by the actual 2017 version with the disc. I would not recommend Staples stores. :confused :confused :confused

Hogan773

QUESTIONS ABOUT MOVING FROM ONLINE TO CD

Post by Hogan773 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 pm

I have been a TurboTax ONLINE user past 5 years. This started when I used to get it free from Vanguard and I have just stuck with it. I like the fact that I can use it from any computer with an internet connection, so I can log in from work, etc if need be.

I know everyone freaks out about showing my "details" to TurboTax in the cloud but I'm not that concerned.

BUT it seems that if I got the CD/download version of "DELUXE" that would be the same for my needs as the "PREMIER" online version as Deluxe Online doesn't handle investments but Deluxe CD does. Right?

So if I decide to make the transition, can I use the current version of the CD/download version and yet import my data from the prior online data that is saved up in the TurboTax online account?

Also re: STATE, I probably need to file two state returns, NY and my own state. NY is actually the one I would prefer to use for the free one that comes with it, as once I have my Federal, my own state makes it pretty easy to just do it through their website by entering info. I assume no prob with this? Does the CD version include a State E-File? How much extra would it cost to do a second state E-file?

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Also in addition to my question above, it seems that TurboTax ONLINE is basically more expensive than the CD/Download version for what you get? Why is that? Wouldn't Intuit prefer not to have to ship out CDs and boxes to Costco etc? Or is the benefit that you can access from any and all computers with an internet connection and have your tax data saved up there automatically for next year more valuable to people so they pay more?

Even if I change to the CD version I will still save PDFs of my return just in case I need them (in addition to a paper copy that I save in a drawer) so I care less about keeping 6 versions of prior TurboTax programs on my PC "just in case"

tfb

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT MOVING FROM ONLINE TO CD

Post by tfb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Hogan773 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 pm
So if I decide to make the transition, can I use the current version of the CD/download version and yet import my data from the prior online data that is saved up in the TurboTax online account?
Instructions from Intuit: How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?
Hogan773 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm
Also in addition to my question above, it seems that TurboTax ONLINE is basically more expensive than the CD/Download version for what you get? Why is that? Wouldn't Intuit prefer not to have to ship out CDs and boxes to Costco etc? Or is the benefit that you can access from any and all computers with an internet connection and have your tax data saved up there automatically for next year more valuable to people so they pay more?
The latter. Online pricing also includes state e-file when you buy state. It costs extra in the CD/download version (except in NY), although it can be avoided by printing and mailing.
Harry Sit, taking a break from the forums.

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

tfb wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm
Hogan773 wrote:
Instructions from Intuit: How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?
Hogan773 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm
The latter. Online pricing also includes state e-file when you buy state. It costs extra in the CD/download version (except in NY), although it can be avoided by printing and mailing.
Still it seems like the CD is a better value as DELUXE (CD) is really the same as PREMIER (online). So goofy that they don't even line up that functionality, and quite frankly I would think many people have some investments that require Schedule D but maybe I'm wrong.

The nice thing for me was when I saw that NY was forced to be free E-File - that means I can use TurboTax to do the out-of-state partial time NY return which is complicated, and then do my normal state on my own which is easier.

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

tfb wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm
Hogan773 wrote:
This is for those who started a 2017 already online. But I went into the online system and I see that there are links where I can download my .TAX files from each of the prior 5 years, so I would guess once I download those and save them to my PC then the CD TurboTax that I install can import from those and I'm good.

Is there any reason I can't give the CD to my brother in law and he also installs it on his PC and then he could file a Federal for free? Can I also with my father in law? Or would they have to input their info using my PC?

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Here's the TurboTax Desktop Software End User License Agreement Tax Year 2017

I'm not a lawyer, but I would think giving your CD to someone else to file a return is not allowed - even if it's within the allowed number of returns you've paid for.
You acknowledge and agree that the Software is licensed, not sold. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Software in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:

Transfer your license to the Software to any other party;
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Alan S.

Post by Alan S. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Anyone know whether Deluxe or on line deluxe handles 1099MISC income Box 3 - for brokerage bonus?

ronhh

Post by ronhh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 am
topper1296 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am
Honestly, this is a product that I buy once a year and it isn't that expensive on an absolute level so I don't stress over the price of a product that I've been using for years, know how to use and can easily import data from the prior year to help with the current year.
Generally agree. I have no need to buy it today since I don’t have all the data yet to use it, so I am okay to let camelcamelcamel watch for Amazon deals for me. But if I end up paying “full price”, not a huge deal.

My concern with obscure sellers are - what am I actually installing (just Turbotax? Some “enhancements”?), and will Intuit’s servers accept the return when it comes time to efile?

On the other hand, the one site listed above has been around under various names for years, so why hasn’t Intuit squashed them if they were doing something bad? Reselling a product without being an authorized seller is presumably not by itself illegal.
Agree. Thanks for reinforcing that point
Stay The Course

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Alan S. wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm
Anyone know whether Deluxe or on line deluxe handles 1099MISC income Box 3 - for brokerage bonus?
Yes. See this product comparison from Intuit.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-ta ... deluxe.jsp

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm

rgs92 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm
TurboTax deluxe 2017 federal + state for ~$39 + tax at Newegg. (On CD only for some reason. Free shipping by Fedex.)
Same price as Amazon and Costco. Is Newegg tax free?

Gray

Post by Gray » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Going through USAA’s website, TurboTax Premier costs $44

BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am

Hogan773 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm
rgs92 wrote:
Just a point of clarification. No online store is "tax-free". You must pay your state's tax, either to the merchant who collects it on behalf of the state or to the state yourself (typically on your state tax return). A better way of wording it is if Newegg collects taxes on behalf of your state.

Now, many people DON'T file their online purchases with the state to pay the owed tax, but I'm not advising that and it is a different subject altogether.

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm

BrandonBogle wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am
Hogan773 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm
rgs92 wrote:
Just a point of clarification. No online store is "tax-free". You must pay your state's tax, either to the merchant who collects it on behalf of the state or to the state yourself (typically on your state tax return). A better way of wording it is if Newegg collects taxes on behalf of your state.

Now, many people DON'T file their online purchases with the state to pay the owed tax, but I'm not advising that and it is a different subject altogether.
Oh dear lord. Please join the rest of us in the real world.

Someone might report as Income a 5 dollar bill that they pick up off the street too. I think I would forget to do that at tax time.

LonScott

Post by LonScott » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am

It seems there is a major difference between the Online/Download and CD/DVD/Desktop version of TT Deluxe. One can manually enter Sch C expenses on the CD version but cannot on the other methods: Intuit forces you to buy a more expensive version! https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/38917 ... schedule-c (which I found on an Amazon Review).

I am wondering one can use TT CD/DVD/Desktop Deluxe and import brokerage statements? This states yes, but I really do not trust TurboTax: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/25808 ... e-imported

So it seems if one does not need the bloatware of their "interview" method, a filer with a Sch C/SE and Brokerage importing can use the TT CD/DVD/Desktop Deluxe. It is available on Amazon for about $40 though one might have to pay state sales tax.

My brokerage, TD, only seems to offer discounts for Online/Download versions.

Intuit's strategy of upselling has created much confusion. I hope they are happy with that.

Hogan773

Post by Hogan773 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am

LonScott wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am
It seems there is a major difference between the Online/Download and CD/DVD/Desktop version of TT Deluxe. One can manually enter Sch C expenses on the CD version but cannot on the other methods: Intuit forces you to buy a more expensive version! https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/38917 ... schedule-c (which I found on an Amazon Review).

I am wondering one can use TT CD/DVD/Desktop Deluxe and import brokerage statements? This states yes, but I really do not trust TurboTax: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/25808 ... e-imported

So it seems if one does not need the bloatware of their "interview" method, a filer with a Sch C/SE and Brokerage importing can use the TT CD/DVD/Desktop Deluxe. It is available on Amazon for about $40 though one might have to pay state sales tax.

Intuit's strategy of upselling has created much confusion. I hope they are happy with that.
I agree it is very confusing. I am happy to type in a stock sale or two straight into the form if I'm allowed to. I know they are challenged to try to segment their offerings and uptier but when one version called Deluxe does one thing and another version of Deluxe doesn't then it makes it even more confusing

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 am

I dislike Intuit's confusing pricing schemes. I would have left had I not received major discount on TT.

StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:13 pm

I just purchased TurboTax Business on Amazon using the link to support this site. To be honest, I need to remember to use that link more often.

Price was $104.86 which is the same as Sam's and Costco.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Hogan773 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am
I agree it is very confusing. I am happy to type in a stock sale or two straight into the form if I'm allowed to. I know they are challenged to try to segment their offerings and uptier but when one version called Deluxe does one thing and another version of Deluxe doesn't then it makes it even more confusing
In Intuit's defense, they tried to fix this a few years ago when they got all the bad press for removing features from Deluxe. They downgraded CD Deluxe to match the online version and got a LOT of flack for doing so. They gave in and put investments back into CD Deluxe and you still have the confusion you and others spoke of. They could have upgraded online Deluxe to include the missing features but that would have cost them money, so of course that was not an option.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:52 pm

LonScott wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am
It seems there is a major difference between the Online/Download and CD/DVD/Desktop version of TT Deluxe

I think you are confused. The download is the same as the CD/DVD/Desktop version. The online version is different.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 pm

chery1000 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 pm
I went to Staples to by the tax year 2017 Home Business version. The floor rack of emply TT home business indicated that I could buy the 2017 tax year version.
For anyone else with this issue, you can upgrade to Home & Business from Premier for only $10 once you have the latter installed. It may end up being cheaper(and easier to find) to just buy Premier and doing the upgrade.

fantasytensai

Post by fantasytensai » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Fidelity's up tp $20 off Turbotax deal is just the same as the sale that Turbotax has on its website currently. It doesn't stack. In other words it is completely useless.

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

I buy Turbo Tax from Costco every year. This year version of Home federal without state is $30. I buy it and share it with my adult kids.

TravelforFun

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 pm

fantasytensai wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Fidelity's up tp $20 off Turbotax deal is just the same as the sale that Turbotax has on its website currently. It doesn't stack. In other words it is completely useless.
I don't think that's true. Go to their website in private mode and you'll see that the prices are higher than if you enter from Fidelity. I believe that they track where you came in from on future visits, so it may be showing you Fidelity pricing even on subsequent visits.

And no, it doesn't stack with any other discounts.