Thank you Admins

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
vested1

Thank you Admins

Post by vested1 »

Just a quick note to say thank you to the diligent admins on this site who keep things on track. At times it must seem like herding cats.
RYD

Re: Thank you Admins

Post by RYD »

I will second that the Admins do a great job.

Thanks for all you do!
More Please

Post by More Please »

Ditto... you all are amazing! Thanks so much.
Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Thanks and apologies for ranting because my IRMAA was unexpectedly increased.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

This forum is well administered and moderated. Pretty much the punch bowl gets taken away before the partiers get too rowdy. :wink:
A fool and his money are good for business.
cu_

Post by cu_ »

It will be funny if some of the comments on this thread get moderated because they are not really contributing anything (like the ditto comments on other threads). Ditto, BTW. :D
IowaFarmBoy

Post by IowaFarmBoy »

+1 or maybe that should be + infinity....
jdb

Post by jdb »

I used to follow a number of internet sites, political and economic and tech, but dropped them all except this one. Amazing how many “flamers” there are in internet chat land, many of them seem to be blithering idiots, but the administrators on this site do great job keeping them at bay. So far haven’t closed the door on me.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Having helped moderate a high-volume forum for a number of years, I can say without doubt that it’s not trivial. I am constantly impressed at how well this board is run and maintained. Please add my thanks to others’.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

+1. The moderators are amazing - thank you all for your diligence!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

You're welcome, it's much appreciated.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
cfs

Post by cfs »

This conversation will be locked in three, two, one . . .

Wishing all forum members and visitors a Merry Christmas, and thanks for reading.
~ Member of the Active Retired Force since 2014 ~
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

cfs wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 pm This conversation will be locked in three, two, one . . .
cfs:

"Thank you" is never locked. It is always appreciated!

Best wishes
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Pinotage

Post by Pinotage »

Agreed! Many, many thanks to the mods and admins.
cfs

Post by cfs »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm
cfs wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 pm This conversation will be locked in three, two, one . . .
cfs:

"Thank you" is never locked. It is always appreciated!

Best wishes
Taylor
Thank You! And have Merry Christmas.
~ Member of the Active Retired Force since 2014 ~
Chip

Post by Chip »

oldcomputerguy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:49 am Having helped moderate a high-volume forum for a number of years, I can say without doubt that it’s not trivial. I am constantly impressed at how well this board is run and maintained. Please add my thanks to others’.
I also helped moderate a high volume investing board for years. After years of success with strict moderation policies the new owners of the board decided that "eyeballs" were the most important metric (over time it had become ad-supported). So they relaxed the moderation policies and began allowing controversial, non-investing topics, thinking they'd get more views. Flame wars became commonplace and most of the thoughtful contributors either left or quit posting. Which eliminated most of the meaty content which made the forum popular in the first place. Or to put it another way, the signal to noise ratio deteriorated markedly. That forum still technically exists but probably only gets 50 posts a year. Bad does indeed drive out good.

So I too am impressed with the way this board is run. Thank you, moderators, Alex & mingstar!
StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 »

+1

This site would not be what it is without the diligent, oftentimes thankless work of the moderators.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
William4u

Post by William4u »

Yup and yup.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Chip wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:00 am
I also helped moderate a high volume investing board for years. After years of success with strict moderation policies the new owners of the board decided that "eyeballs" were the most important metric (over time it had become ad-supported).
The board I helped with was ad-free and volunteer-driven, like this one, and was pure content. So I applaud the moderators and powers-that-be here for keeping Bogleheads on such a high plane.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
LukeHeinz57

Post by LukeHeinz57 »

Best Forum on the web for personal finance and investing! Mostly because of the moderators and admins that make it a place welcoming quality content and keeping the junk away. :sharebeer
"Contentment", the only thing you ever truly need more of!
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Thank you admins and moderators for the work you do. I usually just lurk (unauthenticated) because I have nothing to contribute, but I continue to learn a ton from this forum year after year. That would not be possible without your tireless efforts to keep this a sane, welcoming place.
In true boglehead fashion my chief concern is saving enough to withstand 7 consecutive biblical plagues. - TheNightsToCome
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

LadyGeek wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:39 pm You're welcome, it's much appreciated.
And here's something just for you, LadyGeek. :D

To some the glass is half empty. To some the glass is half full. To an engineer, it's twice as big as it needs to be. To an entrepreneur, it's always refillable.

But back to the subject....the moderation here is just outstanding! All of you deserve much praise. The tone of this site is far above the rest of the internet and for that I'm always grateful.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

Yes, thank you. And sorry about the profanity you had to edit out of my post that one time.
camillus

Post by camillus »

Thank you admins! Sometimes I have the urge to speculate or talk about politics, but rarely do these things have any real outcome other than getting me worried or increasing my blood pressure. I really appreciate the mods on this forum and the policies they enforce.

As all the maleffects of social media are coming to the fore (life dissatisfaction, spreading of falsehood, tribalism), this kind of online community seems especially valuable! Thank you.
51% US / 34% ex-US / 15% “bond”
The529guy

Post by The529guy »

:thumbsup
Veiled

Post by Veiled »

I've been impressed with how the etiquette on this forum has made me want to read more and post less and to really think about what I'm posting. It's edifying to see the hard work of the mods to maintain this culture. Thanks!

Post by 2015 »

I have contemplated many, many times the valuable contribution the purity and strict non-commercial aspects of this forum make to its usefulness. I know of no other site where I can go and receive such unbiased, unfiltered, and non-commercial information. I view the BH forum as an excellent example of the benefit of crowd sourcing through harnessing the inherent wisdom of crowds. It's a perfect example of virtually limitless individual member interests benefiting the whole. This would in no way be possible without the sacrifices of the moderators (in time alone). I consider myself extremely fortunate to be a recipient of their extreme generosity.
Will do good

Post by Will do good »

Thank you!!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

FYI - The moderators are listed in the bottom right footer of every forum page. See: The team

To get a moderator's attention quickly, please report the post instead (the "!" in the top right corner of the post). See: REPORTING VIOLATIONS AND UNWELCOME PMs
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.