Re: Where to buy a Vanguard hat? An Update and good news

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Sheepdog

Re: Where to buy a Vanguard hat? An Update and bad news

Post by Sheepdog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:49 am

I see Raymond James shirts and hats, so why not Vanguard too, Vanguard.
People should not say everything they think. They should think about everything they say.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am

oldcomputerguy wrote:This thread got me to thinking, what permission (if any) would I need to have a baseball cap made up locally (there seem to be a kiosk in just about any shopping mall) for myself with the Bogleheads logo? I don't want to infringe on anyone's intellectual property.
Lady Geek answered this several posts up and Aloha Joe said "Luckily they include an email address to write and ask permission ;)":

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=203418#p3119024
"Invest we must." -- Jack Bogle | “The purpose of investing is not to simply optimise returns and make yourself rich. The purpose is not to die poor.” -- William Bernstein

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 am

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:
oldcomputerguy wrote:This thread got me to thinking, what permission (if any) would I need to have a baseball cap made up locally (there seem to be a kiosk in just about any shopping mall) for myself with the Bogleheads logo? I don't want to infringe on anyone's intellectual property.
Lady Geek answered this several posts up and Aloha Joe said "Luckily they include an email address to write and ask permission ;)":

I'm not sure I made myself clear. LadyGeek's post seems to refer to getting permission to use the Vanguard logo. My question was regarding the Bogleheads logo. (Or is the Bogleheads logo owned by Vanguard?)
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

Vanguard Fan 1367

Post by Vanguard Fan 1367 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:52 pm

I like the expression, "find a need and fill it." I wonder if there is a business opportunity for someone to sell Vanguard merchandise. I love coffee mugs myself and I also love Vanguard.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Hang on, the Bogleheads logo has no connection whatsoever with Vanguard. We follow the man, not the company. That's why the tag line at the top of the forum says "Investing Advice Inspired by Jack Bogle".

See the wiki: Bogleheads®:General disclaimer
Bogleheads® is a registered service mark of the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy.
A link to the Bogle Center is at the top of our blog. See: The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy The officers are listed here.

Mel Lindauer is the Point of Contact regarding use of the Bogleheads service mark.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

oldcomputerguy wrote:

I'm not sure I made myself clear. LadyGeek's post seems to refer to getting permission to use the Vanguard logo. My question was regarding the Bogleheads logo. (Or is the Bogleheads logo owned by Vanguard?)
I'm sorry, you were clear. I just misread and misinterpreted. I'm not sure what bogleheads logo you're referring to. Is this what you're referring to:

If so, I'm not really interested in that logo. You know, I've never looked closely at that boglehead logo. It's not as big on my screen unless I go to the wiki and then I can see greater details. The inner circle looks to me like a portfolio with various slices and dices (more than three, as in the three fund portfolio. It looks like there are 7 slices in all). Since I'm not presently a slicer and dicer (or at least I don't have 7 asset classes) I don't think I'd want that on my hat. If it was a three fund representation, that might be different. But then I'd still need different hats as my stock/bond ratio changes with age (the size of each slice would change over time). :?

Can anyone provide any info on how the bogleheads image above was designed (who came up with the logo and why 7 slices and not 3)? Thanks.
"Invest we must." -- Jack Bogle | “The purpose of investing is not to simply optimise returns and make yourself rich. The purpose is not to die poor.” -- William Bernstein

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 pm

I think it might look more like a ship's compass than a portfolio. :wink: Hint: Think of the Vanguard ship.

The designer does not wish to be identified.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

in_reality

Post by in_reality » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

oldcomputerguy wrote:

I'm sorry, you were clear. I just misread and misinterpreted. I'm not sure what bogleheads logo you're referring to. Is this what you're referring to:

If so, I'm not really interested in that logo. You know, I've never looked closely at that boglehead logo. It's not as big on my screen unless I go to the wiki and then I can see greater details. The inner circle looks to me like a portfolio with various slices and dices (more than three, as in the three fund portfolio. It looks like there are 7 slices in all). Since I'm not presently a slicer and dicer (or at least I don't have 7 asset classes) I don't think I'd want that on my hat. If it was a three fund representation, that might be different. But then I'd still need different hats as my stock/bond ratio changes with age (the size of each slice would change over time). :?

Can anyone provide any info on how the bogleheads image above was designed (who came up with the logo and why 7 slices and not 3)? Thanks.
The spikes are to warn you of the dangers of a complicated portfolio.

GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't know that it is a good idea to advertise your investing style, but each to their own. :happy

A retired man at my gym wears an Options Express sweatshirt (everyday). I always notice.

There's another 60ish aged guy that comes with his wife and wears a Raymond James T-shirt. I always think about Bogleheads when I see him.

There is one guy who drives a Tesla. I always like to think the Tesla guy is a Boglehead, but who knows?

They are all gym regulars, and I guess that's the important part.

GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 pm

in_reality wrote:
oldcomputerguy wrote:

The spikes are to warn you of the dangers of a complicated portfolio.
Ha ha! Kind of a Viking type thing.

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Not a hat, but someone is selling new Vanguard tee shirts on eBay and they have other firms such as Morningstar and T. Rowe Price, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANGUARD-Mutual ... 2268563641

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 pm

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:I was hoping to buy some hats from the Vanguard store. Went to the vanguard gear website and it's not working. Does anyone know if there's another place to shop for Vanguard gear? If not, I'm sorry I didn't buy more.

http://www.vanguardgear.com/shop/
didnt know they sold merchandise. How do I get a pair of Vanguard socks?

Vanguard Fan 1367

Post by Vanguard Fan 1367 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:39 am

GoldenFinch wrote:I don't know that it is a good idea to advertise your investing style, but each to their own. :happy

A retired man at my gym wears an Options Express sweatshirt (everyday). I always notice.

There's another 60ish aged guy that comes with his wife and wears a Raymond James T-shirt. I always think about Bogleheads when I see him.

There is one guy who drives a Tesla. I always like to think the Tesla guy is a Boglehead, but who knows?

I would expect the Tesla person not to be a Boglehead, and drive something a little less expensive and invest the difference. :happy

GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Vanguard Fan 1367 wrote:
GoldenFinch wrote:I don't know that it is a good idea to advertise your investing style, but each to their own. :happy

I would expect the Tesla person not to be a Boglehead, and drive something a little less expensive and invest the difference. :happy
Yes, I'm that Boglehead you describe, BUT I was thinking of a very long Tesla thread on this site, so definitely some Boglehead Tesla owners. :happy

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:52 pm

GoldenFinch wrote:Yes, I'm that Boglehead you describe, BUT I was thinking of a very long Tesla thread on this site, so definitely some Boglehead Tesla owners.
Some Bogleheads own boats too. But if I heard someone owned a boat, I wouldn't think, "Must be a Boglehead."
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:39 pm

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:I know it's been a few months but I wanted to give an update. I just got off the phone with Louise a few moments ago . . . She said she's no longer selling any Vanguard merchandise. She stated she didn't have any leftover merchandise either for purchase. . . . She didn't say anyone took over the selling of the VG merch so I have nowhere left to go but Vanguard itself I suppose.

So now I (we're) back in the lurch with no place to go to pick up VG merch.
Oh no :shock: Well, since the scarcity of goods makes them more valuable, my portfolio just went up :D And I removed all our Vanguard mugs from our kitchen cabinets and put them safely into our china cabinet as fine china, took our Vanguard fleece blankets off the furniture and folded them carefully in the linen closet, and whisked the Vanguard hats from my husband's dresser and, well guess I'll put them in the safe deposit box :happy

bulkdataman

Re: Where to buy a Vanguard hat?

Post by bulkdataman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:51 am

oldcomputerguy wrote:
tomd37 wrote:That's what happened to me - I ordered the one with Vanguard written out and they sent me the V one. Around here (Nashville area) V equates to Vanderbilt University and I am not and don't want to be associated with them.
Yeah. Me neither. Such a hat wouldn't go over very well over down the street at Neyland Stadium. :wink:

Might you be a Tennessee graduate? I was there 79 to 82.

GoldenFinch

Post by GoldenFinch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:37 am

Earl Lemongrab wrote:
GoldenFinch wrote:Yes, I'm that Boglehead you describe, BUT I was thinking of a very long Tesla thread on this site, so definitely some Boglehead Tesla owners.
Some Bogleheads own boats too. But if I heard someone owned a boat, I wouldn't think, "Must be a Boglehead."
Hey, boats are ubiquitous, Teslas are rare (at least in the rust belt by a Great Lake). But you're right, it was a silly thought to have.

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:14 am

bulkdataman wrote:
oldcomputerguy wrote:
tomd37 wrote:That's what happened to me - I ordered the one with Vanguard written out and they sent me the V one. Around here (Nashville area) V equates to Vanderbilt University and I am not and don't want to be associated with them.
Yeah. Me neither. Such a hat wouldn't go over very well over down the street at Neyland Stadium. :wink:

Might you be a Tennessee graduate? I was there 79 to 82.
Not a grad, but I attended classes there around that time.
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

minesweep

Post by minesweep » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 am

Angst wrote:Nowhere can I find you your hat, but here's a mug with which you can drink the drink in which you might want to drown your sorrows:

Thanks to the lower expense fees at Vanguard my Cup Runneth Over. :moneybag

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Glad I just received my replacement free coffee mug. That's # 3. :beer

Taz

Post by Taz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:00 am

Grasshopper wrote:Glad I just received my replacement free coffee mug. That's # 3. :beer
Love the mug. I've seen folks on Twitter thanking Vanguard for sending them one. I wonder what is the secret to getting one?

Wouldn't mind buying one either. I figure I've saved quite a bit in expenses since escaping from contractual front loaded & high expense ratio mutual funds.
The destination matters.

Whakamole

Post by Whakamole » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 pm

Taz wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:Glad I just received my replacement free coffee mug. That's # 3. :beer
Love the mug. I've seen folks on Twitter thanking Vanguard for sending them one. I wonder what is the secret to getting one?

Wouldn't mind buying one either. I figure I've saved quite a bit in expenses since escaping from contractual front loaded & high expense ratio mutual funds.
FYI, the old Vanguard store was shut down due to a data breach of the store merchant (not a breach of Vanguard.) When I spoke to them late last year, they said they were going to be setting up a new merchant but it would take a few months.

I'd be tempted to call Vanguard after tax season and see what they say. That mug looks nice.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 pm

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: I was hoping to buy some hats from the Vanguard store. Went to the vanguard gear website and it's not working. Does anyone know if there's another place to shop for Vanguard gear? If not, I'm sorry I didn't buy more.
Miriam2 wrote: Arctic, if you come to the annual Boglehead Conference, the Store sets up a booth in the Vanguard atrium and you can buy your hat and other useful items :D
arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Thank you but what if I either live far away or are not able to travel to attend the conference due to health reasons?
Miriam2 wrote: Next year, I'll buy you a hat at the conference, my treat (want maroon or khaki??) and have the vendor send it to you :D
Arctic!
Done. The Boglehead Conference was wonderful. Your new maroon Vanguard hat is on the way - enjoy! (I'll PM you with details :happy

For others who are interested in Vanguard merchandise, the vendor authorized us to provide these details:

"The Vanguard Chandlery" **
Tel: 610-669-2760 (Connie or Marie)
Connie_Caldwell@vanguard.com

**Chandlery = dealers that provide ship's stores, the shop selling nautical items for ships and boats 8-)

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Post by Taylor Larimore » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 pm

arcticpineapple:

Mariam2, keeps her word!

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:44 pm

That's too awesome. Thank you so much Miriam2. I will definitely call. So so much appreciated. Can't say thank you enough. Hope you enjoyed the conference. Please tell us all about it. Thanks again!

AlphaLess

Post by AlphaLess » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Sheepdog wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:49 am
I see Raymond James shirts and hats, so why not Vanguard too, Vanguard.
Easy. Anyone selling hats and shirts is in the business of marketing. Often times, marketing means selling stuff that people don't really need.

ram

Post by ram » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am

If a Vanguard representative is reading this may I suggest that Vanguard send a cup to those that have 1 million with Vanguard and a set of 6 cups to those that have 5 million.

Like the 'I reached the 2 comma club' there will be 'I got the Vanguard mug' threads.
Ram

1210sda

Post by 1210sda » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:31 am

Miriam2 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 pm
For others who are interested in Vanguard merchandise, the vendor authorized us to provide these details:

"The Vanguard Chandlery" **
Tel: 610-669-2760 (Connie or Marie)
Connie_Caldwell@vanguard.com

**Chandlery = dealers that provide ship's stores, the shop selling nautical items for ships and boats 8-)
Miriam2, is there a website or a catalog showing what's available from Connie?

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:06 pm

1210sda wrote: Miriam2, is there a website or a catalog showing what's available from Connie?
I'm not sure if there is a catalog and sorry, I don't have website information. They spread out a table full of goodies including hats, mugs, insulated cups, fleece blankets and piggy banks 8-)

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks again, Miriam2. The hat arrived within a few days of calling. I also asked if there was somewhere I could see the different items (online). They said not at this time, but might have a site up in the future. Apparently they have two different hats (both of which say Vanguard, none of which is just the "V" option from before). I asked what colors and they said one is a red hat with white Vanguard letters (the one in the image below) and the other is beige hat with beige lettering. Not sure how much the Vanguard name will stand out on that one (assume it might blend in to the hat color), but I'm planning on buying one just to see how it looks and then will buy a few more based on which one I like better. When I get the beige one, I'll post that one if anyone's interested. I think they're using a different manufacturer than before (there's an inside tag that didn't exist on the previous hats) and it's a smidge bigger (I think), but it's great and I love it! Oh and the hat is $8.95 I think they said and they said there would be shipping and handling (this one was complements of Miriam2). I believe before I paid $7 or so and there was no shipping and handling. Still I think it's a bargain considering I couldn't find a hat this cheap and one with the logo I can actually support.

In the meantime, a month or so ago, I bought the cheapest hat I could find (just plain beige) from amazon for $5 but it is so ridiculously large it makes me look like a train conductor and it's not straight where the bill meets the seam, etc. So that one's to be used doing yardwork, if at all.

mouses

Post by mouses » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 pm

This appears to be "embroidered." If you have a suitable fancy sewing machine, you could put the Vanguard name on most any article of clothing. You'd have to do the hat flat, before it was sewn together.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 pm

mouses wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:40 pm
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 pm

This appears to be "embroidered." If you have a suitable fancy sewing machine, you could put the Vanguard name on most any article of clothing. You'd have to do the hat flat, before it was sewn together.
Thank you, but a couple things:
1. Sewing, unfortunately is not exactly in my wheelhouse.
2. more importantly, that would be copyright infringement. I actually attempted to use the Vanguard logo at cafepress to design my own hat, before I was aware I was potentially violating copyright laws. Fortunately for me, cafepress caught that it was a copyrighted image and refused to produce the hat through their site. That's why I was left to buy a crappy no design, crookedly constructed hat through Amazon (congrats on being the richest guy in the world Bezos). I knew Miriam2 was getting me one at Bogleheads conference, but I needed one prior to that.

So I wouldn't advocate just making your own hat. Unless you clear it with Vanguard first. I did email them (at the email address earlier in this thread) regarding getting approval to produce through cafepress and they never got back to me. I also did contact the Vanguard public relations and they sent me an enormous Vanguard umbrella which is fine, but not really what I was looking for!

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 pm
2. more importantly, that would be copyright infringement.
Trademark, actually.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 pm
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 pm
2. more importantly, that would be copyright infringement.
Trademark, actually.
ah, thank you. I stand erected.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 pm

so, i just purchased the other hat they're selling. The red hat was cheaper as previously mentioned. This one was $14.84, because it is manufactured by Champion and the red one was by Quake City Caps. Anyway, these are the two styles and prices (red or beige. don't mean to say those two images below are different. they're not. they're the same image just different lighting). As they said, this one below is sort of a beige on beige (or tan on tan). It's nice. The Vanguard logo definitely does not stand out, fwiw. I was thinking about ordering some more hats (not sure which the red or the beige) but they said they needed some time to work with their vendor to be able to ship more than just a couple at a time. Anyway, they also said they have been getting many orders since the conference, so apparently I'm not the only one who's been contacting them thanks to the info Miriam2 provided. Sorry I don't have pictures of any other merchandise they're selling.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Thanks again, Miriam2. The hat arrived within a few days of calling. I also asked if there was somewhere I could see the different items (online). They said not at this time, but might have a site up in the future.
I'm happy you received your Vanguard hat, Arctic! Wear it with pride 8-)

Perhaps your title should be edited to say: "An Update with Good News." :D

mxs

Post by mxs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 pm

nedsaid wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am
Too bad. They could have made up a "Make My Portfolio Great Again" hat and it would have sold like hotcakes.
I saw a C-130 load master wearing a "Make Airlift Great Again" hat, did a double take, laughed, then thought 'I want that hat!'

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm

nedsaid wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am
Too bad. They could have made up a "Make My Portfolio Great Again" hat and it would have sold like hotcakes.
:happy

What I really really want is a Boglehead cap.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

Eric76

Post by Eric76 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 pm

I never understood the concept of paying to be a walking billboard for a company. Shouldn't the company on the cap pay the wearer of the cap to promote the company?

tj

Post by tj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 pm
so, i just purchased the other hat they're selling. The red hat was cheaper as previously mentioned. This one was $14.84, because it is manufactured by Champion and the red one was by Quake City Caps. Anyway, these are the two styles and prices (red or beige. don't mean to say those two images below are different. they're not. they're the same image just different lighting). As they said, this one below is sort of a beige on beige (or tan on tan). It's nice. The Vanguard logo definitely does not stand out, fwiw. I was thinking about ordering some more hats (not sure which the red or the beige) but they said they needed some time to work with their vendor to be able to ship more than just a couple at a time. Anyway, they also said they have been getting many orders since the conference, so apparently I'm not the only one who's been contacting them thanks to the info Miriam2 provided. Sorry I don't have pictures of any other merchandise they're selling.

Do you find the Champion cap to be more comfortable to wear?

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm

tj wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm
Do you find the Champion cap to be more comfortable to wear?
It's funny you should ask that. My girlfriend did think there was less bulk to the Champion hat (less roominess or more snug is probably the better way of putting it). I didn't notice much difference in feel, but maybe there's a slight difference in appearance in terms of spaciousness. I like them both which is why I'm having some difficulty knowing which to order more of. That and I'm cheap and am tending to lean towards the red one. But I might get some of each. Still thinking it over.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Bogleheads -

I sent an email to vanguard mentioning that I would like to obtain a coffee mug. I received a response today that an online store will be up and running very soon.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm

abuss368 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm
Bogleheads -

I sent an email to vanguard mentioning that I would like to obtain a coffee mug. I received a response today that an online store will be up and running very soon.
I received a reply a few days ago, with a flyer of the products that are available.
(It didn't mention that an online store was going to start again.)

The "Retiree In Training" t-shirt was not among them.

But I can just create one of those, without the freebie Vanguard advertising anyway.
A customized t-shirt is among the easiest thing to create in small quantities, or even a single.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 pm

ResearchMed wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm
abuss368 wrote:
Bogleheads -

I received a reply a few days ago, with a flyer of the products that are available.

But I can just create one of those, without the freebie Vanguard advertising anyway.
A customized t-shirt is among the easiest thing to create in small quantities, or even a single.

RM
Was there a link to view the flyer online?
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

abuss368

Post by abuss368 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm

I was interested in a coffee mug for our desk! I checked eBay and Amazon.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm

abuss368 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 pm
ResearchMed wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm
abuss368 wrote:
Bogleheads -

RM
Was there a link to view the flyer online?
No.
It was an attached pdf.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Vanguard Coffee Mug Arrived Today!

Post by Taylor Larimore » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Bogleheads:

I broke my old Vanguard coffee mug.

I received a new Vanguard mug today ($7.42 total cost).

My coffee tastes better already. :happy

Connie Caldwell is in charge of the Vanguard store. Her e-mail is: connie_caldwell@vanguard.com.

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle

schachtw

Post by schachtw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 am

I emailed Connie Caldwell requesting to purchase a red VG baseball hat w/Vanguard in white embroidered lettering.

She called the next day, I provided my mailing address and CC number. The cost was $9.53.

Great deal and the hat looks great.

sschoe2

Post by sschoe2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

How about a Vanguard door mat for when the Edward Jones salesmen comes to your door.