How to Follow a Post

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
tomd37

How to Follow a Post

Post by tomd37 »

I don't see a way to follow a particular post. Is there a way and is it working today?
Tom D.
hoppy08520

Re: How to Follow a Post

Post by hoppy08520 »

Have you tried "subscribe topic"? It's one of the options within the "wrench" link.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

tomd37 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm I don't see a way to follow a particular post. Is there a way and is it working today?
You can subscribe or bookmark a topic. See the little wrench dropdown menu?
Flobes

Post by Flobes »

First: You subscribe to a thread.

Next: You'll have to confirm how you set up your personal account re receiving notifications. In the upper right (under the Google box) at your "name" arrow down. Go to User Control Panel. Go to Board Preferences. Go to Edit notification options. Check boxes for when you want emails and/or when you want online notifications.

If Subscribe is "On" but Notifucations are "Off" you won't receive notifications.
Topic Author
tomd37

Post by tomd37 »

Da5id,
Where is the little wrench dropdown menu? It is not anywhere on my screen. It seems to me that there was a place at the bottom of a post, as late as yesterday, where you could subscribe or unsubscribe but it is not there today. Before you reply please look at your screens and see if everything you reference is actually there today. Thanks.
Tom D.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

tomd37 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 pm Da5id,
Where is the little wrench dropdown menu? It is not anywhere on my screen. It seems to me that there was a place at the bottom of a post, as late as yesterday, where you could subscribe or unsubscribe but it is not there today. Before you reply please look at your screens and see if everything you reference is actually there today. Thanks.
Top of screen next to "Post reply" button as I see it. It is visible at top of thread, not once you scroll down the thread.
Flobes

Post by Flobes »

Da5id wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm
Top of screen next to "Post reply" button as I see it. It is visible at top of thread, not once you scroll down the thread.
Mine is at the bottom of the screen, where it always is for me, and yes: it is there and working today.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

Flobes wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:54 pm
Da5id wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm
Mine is at the bottom of the screen, where it always is for me, and yes: it is there and working today.
Mine is top and bottom of a topic actually :)
Topic Author
tomd37

Post by tomd37 »

The box next to my "post reply" button on my screen is blank but when I click on that blank box it brings up what we are looking for. Thanks for all the help.
Tom D.
Peculiar_Investor
Site Admin

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

tomd37 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm I don't see a way to follow a particular post. Is there a way and is it working today?
There is a setting in your User Control Panel (UCP), under Board preferences that might help. The direct link is ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=post. Look at your setting for Notify me upon replies by default:. I'm pretty sure the default is No.

When you make a post, before the textbox there is also an Options tab that provides a checkbox for a number of items, one of which is Notify me upon replies by default: so you can override your UCP setting on a post-by-post basis. I've double-checked and it's visible on both desktop and mobile devices, although you might need to scroll down further on a mobile device to see it.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams