MoviePass-Too good to be true, but it's legit.

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Slacker

Re: MoviePass-Too good to be true, but it's legit.

Post by Slacker »

Whakamole wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 pm Now MoviePass is saying they might not make it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ot-make-it

This is reminding me of the dotcom days.
I was whimsically telling my spouse that they are purposely slowing the roll out of cards to new subscribers because it shouldn't be difficult to get new cards issued. They may be trying to get the first set of subscribers' "feeding frenzy" wrapped up before they get the next batch of subscribers and have additional monthly subscription fees coming in to bridge the gap until all the new members settle down into more "normal" viewing habits.

Just an idea I had, which may not have any basis in reality.
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

SO and I signed up last weekend....waiting for card. OP....thanks for the tip!

It actually seems like a brilliant last-ditch effort to get people out to the theaters and keep them open.

20 years ago there were 3 cinemas in the center of town alone, within 4 blocks of each other (pop. 30,000). Two would show artsy films and one showed second run films (Wednesday was dollar night, always packed). Now there are none. There is one struggling art cinema in another town down the road, and the 12-plex. Desperate times call for desperate solutions.

20 years ago the 12-plex near here was perpetually packed with people and one would have to arrive early to wait in a long line for a ticket. I would skip the concessions because I didn't want to wait another 10 minutes for a bag of popcorn.

Now most of the time I go there are a handful of people milling around, I get my choice of seat...often there are only a few people in the theater of my choosing.

It costs nearly the same amount to keep the place running if there are 10 people watching each movie as if there were 100. If they can get more people in, at whatever price, and sell them popcorn and Cokes (after all it's an American tradition...can't watch a movie without popcorn and Coke)....perhaps the cinemas will survive to the end of the decade.
DanMahowny

Post by DanMahowny »

KlingKlang wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:32 pm My wife and I haven't been to a movie since "The Lord of the Rings" ended due to the behavior of the other moviegoers.
My last movie was Rocky II (late 70's?). I'm serious.

I'd rather nail my **** to a burning building, than go watch a movie in a theater.
Funding secured
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

KlingKlang wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:32 pm My wife and I haven't been to a movie since "The Lord of the Rings" ended due to the behavior of the other moviegoers.
In that case I would highly recommend a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show this Halloween at your local theatre.
KlingKlang

Post by KlingKlang »

protagonist wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:32 am
In that case I would highly recommend a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show this Halloween at your local theatre.
I've been to midnight showings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in at least 20 different theatres (one in Columbus, OH had Eddie going up and down the aisles on a real motorcycle; one in Toronto had the entire cast gender reversed). Unfortunately I can't stay up that late anymore.
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

KlingKlang wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 pm
protagonist wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:32 am
I've been to midnight showings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in at least 20 different theatres (one in Columbus, OH had Eddie going up and down the aisles on a real motorcycle; one in Toronto had the entire cast gender reversed). Unfortunately I can't stay up that late anymore.
That's really funny....that you have seen Rocky Horror in at least 20 theatres but stopped seeing movies after Lord of the Rings because of behavior. I love it.
David Scubadiver

Post by David Scubadiver »

We received the card 2-3 weeks ago after waiting about 3 weeks for it to arrive. The App sucks, so make sure you keep fandango on the phone so you can read reviews, and even make sure the times are correct.

It is a little annoying that you have to be near the theater before you activate the ticket. So good luck if you want to buy a ticket for show that may sell out.

But for people who just want to kick back and enjoy a show in the NYC area, it can't be beat. Only need to see one movie to make your money back and then some. I bought it for my wife, who stays at home. We used it once together (I paid full price) and she used it once the next day. No problems.
VaR

Post by VaR »

I don't know if there are 12 movies I want to see in the theater every year.

I wonder if there's any other source for the information about which individuals have seen which movies in the theater? And I wonder how valuable this information is? Their business model isn't totally implausible but I think it all hinges on how quickly people get over the "maximize my money's worth" phase.

Also, does anyone know if they're paying full retail of $10 per ticket or if they are paying the "group rate" of the tickets from Costco and credit unions and such, when eligible, of course.
Helo80

Post by Helo80 »

protagonist wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:32 am In that case I would highly recommend a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show this Halloween at your local theatre.

Oh my goodness.... I watched that film once and add me to the camp of "never again..."..... I still don't know what that abomination was or supposed to be. The only reason I did not turn it off after the first 15 minutes is because I was with a group of like 5 or 6 people and none of us had ever seen it either. If it were just me, I would have turned it off. I saw the word "Horror" in the title...and it was definitely a "Horror" movie in the bad way and not the good way (genuinely frightening movie).
Thank God for Wall Street Bets.
Helo80

Post by Helo80 »

VaR wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:14 pm Also, does anyone know if they're paying full retail of $10 per ticket or if they are paying the "group rate" of the tickets from Costco and credit unions and such, when eligible, of course.

From my understanding, the pass is like a debit Visa or MasterCard. You locate yourself near the theater and then queue up the app. Then, you "purchase" the movie ticket on the app and basically it adds the exact amount needed to buy 1 adult ticket to the debit card so that you can walk up to the ticket counter and buy said ticket with your moviepass debit card..

Yes, moviepass is paying full price for the ticket. (I'm not entirely sure why AMC and other chains are complaining)
Thank God for Wall Street Bets.
pondering

Post by pondering »

Maybe the movies pass people aren’t buying popcorn?
--Robert Sterbal | robert@sterbal.com | 412-977-3526
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Helo80 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 pm
VaR wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:14 pm Also, does anyone know if they're paying full retail of $10 per ticket or if they are paying the "group rate" of the tickets from Costco and credit unions and such, when eligible, of course.

From my understanding, the pass is like a debit Visa or MasterCard. You locate yourself near the theater and then queue up the app. Then, you "purchase" the movie ticket on the app and basically it adds the exact amount needed to buy 1 adult ticket to the debit card so that you can walk up to the ticket counter and buy said ticket with your moviepass debit card..

Yes, moviepass is paying full price for the ticket. (I'm not entirely sure why AMC and other chains are complaining)
AMC and the like are worried about the devaluing of their product. After you get used to all the movies you can watch for 30 bucks, what will happen when you go back to having to pay 15 bucks/ticket? Whenever there is a change like that some people reevaluate their spending. As a theatre owner you don't want that.

I think the idea that they will be able to monetize their users enough is unlikely at best. Now maybe people will buy it and not use it (i.e. the gym membership model where you go for a month and pay for the next 3 years til your finally quit) but I am also a bit suspect of that.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

randomguy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 pm
Helo80 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 pm

AMC and the like are worried about the devaluing of their product. After you get used to all the movies you can watch for 30 bucks, what will happen when you go back to having to pay 15 bucks/ticket? Whenever there is a change like that some people reevaluate their spending. As a theatre owner you don't want that.

I think the idea that they will be able to monetize their users enough is unlikely at best. Now maybe people will buy it and not use it (i.e. the gym membership model where you go for a month and pay for the next 3 years til your finally quit) but I am also a bit suspect of that.
Worse -> all the movies you can watch for $10. I"ve watched 7 so far since receiving my moviepass (had a backlog of movies I was mildly interested in so I refrained from attending the theaters until I had my pass in hand).
David Scubadiver

randomguy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 pm Now maybe people will buy it and not use it (i.e. the gym membership model where you go for a month and pay for the next 3 years til your finally quit) but I am also a bit suspect of that.
In fact, I bet that those with both MoviePass and Gym Membership tend to go to the movies more.
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

I plan to see a lot more movies once my Moviepass arrives. I can't promise that my plan will come to fruition but it is my plan.

Despite the fact that TV has surpassed cinema in this last decade, I still love going to the movies. Perhaps it is an age thing....there is something ritualistic about it.

And I hardly ever go anymore, for unknown reasons.

It's not price. I can afford movie tickets. And I don't think I will go more often because I will only be paying $10/month, though I admit there is something always seductive about a "free lunch" no matter how much money you have. The card is more of an incentive, and a reminder that I am part of a culture that values cinema, even if it is a relic of a bygone era.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

Maybe the movie theaters are freaked out due to the unlimited part. If it was something reasonable or had tiers, maybe it would be less threatening. Say ten bucks gets you a movie a week, 20 two a week, thirty 3, etc. I go to movies all the time but seldom buy the snacks due to the prices, would definitely make snacks more likely with this.
mortalsonofmortal

Post by mortalsonofmortal »

I started using it and love it. If the business idea is for increased snacks and drinks sales, they have to introduce a couple or family pack because the probability is more that you end up buying snacks and drinks in that case.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Our local theater does $2 popcorn and $2 soda every Tues and Thurs combined with $6.50 movies. That was good enough to get us in the theater 1-3 times per month, but if we didn't catch the very first showing the new release movies were full price for the first 12 days or so...now, we will probably watch movies 3-5 times a month (unless there is a horrible dry spell of terrible movies - usually there is at least 1 or 2 I want to watch each month and 1 or 2 my wife wants to watch each month and they don't always line up as the same movies).

We'll keep using the heck out of MoviePass until they go broke or raise the prices too much. We'd continue to use it at $15/month...$20 maybe, anything more and we may drop it unless we move to a more expensive city. In DC, moviepass is a great deal since even matinee prices were around $11/ticket and full fare was closer to $15 (with the exception of the dine-in theater and a really stinky AMC in Alexandria).
sco

Post by sco »

SO here locally I have one theatre that is $12 for a normal ticket, and another that is $4.25.... This looks like a good deal (for a while?) if you watch a lot of movies, but we don't...
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

mortalsonofmortal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:50 pm I started using it and love it. If the business idea is for increased snacks and drinks sales, they have to introduce a couple or family pack because the probability is more that you end up buying snacks and drinks in that case.
No the business idea is to sell your data on which movies you see and then try and negotiate lower ticket prices from the theatre by being able to drive traffic to shows. The reason the theatres would give reduced prices might be for the snacks/drinks. I am a bit suspect of either of them generating money. The big theatres could run their own all you can eat (or things like 4 movies for 20 bucks or any combo that makes sense to them) plans pretty easily.Not sure if a 3rd party brings any value (other than the VC money to subsidize it).
mnnice

Post by mnnice »

I would like to try it. We are a family of four but rarely go together. Older kid goes with his friends/girlfriend. Younger kid goes with friends, one of his parents, or grandma. If they go to the theater in walking distance I can figure out buying the ticket.

I have time off during the week and would go by myself during week especially when the weather is colder.
SEAworld9

Post by SEAworld9 »

we have it and love it. super easy to use and you can still use your theater rewards program for a double dip. ticket prices here are around $15, so this is definitely the way to go. we also dont like 3D or 4DX or any of that stuff so this is perfect for us.
travellight

Post by travellight »

got an email today about changes in terms and conditions:

MoviePass reserves the right to change the rules of movie-going attendance and ticket availability to members in connection with the Service at anytime. MoviePass reserves the right to change from time to time the number of eligible movies a member can see per month. MoviePass reserves the right to offer members a new price option if they exceed watching a certain amount of movies per month. You will be notified of any price changes made to the terms of service prior to your next billing cycle, at which point you would have 14 days to opt-out of the Service and terminate your subscription. MoviePass will not make any changes to your subscription mid-cycle, all changes will be in affect at the start of your next billing cycle. MoviePass is not responsible for theater programming, cancellations, or rescheduled performances.

Is this the too good to last part?
fetch5482

Post by fetch5482 »

travellight wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 am got an email today about changes in terms and conditions:

MoviePass reserves the right to change the rules of movie-going attendance and ticket availability to members in connection with the Service at anytime. MoviePass reserves the right to change from time to time the number of eligible movies a member can see per month. MoviePass reserves the right to offer members a new price option if they exceed watching a certain amount of movies per month. You will be notified of any price changes made to the terms of service prior to your next billing cycle, at which point you would have 14 days to opt-out of the Service and terminate your subscription. MoviePass will not make any changes to your subscription mid-cycle, all changes will be in affect at the start of your next billing cycle. MoviePass is not responsible for theater programming, cancellations, or rescheduled performances.

"Unlimited... But if you watch too much, we reserve the right to increase dues"
Sounds like the "to good to be true" part is coming soon 😂
(AGE minus 23%) Bonds | 5% REITs | Balance 80% US (75/25 TSM/SCV) + 20% International (80/20 Developed/Emerging)
Will do good

Post by Will do good »

walletless wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 am
travellight wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 am got an email today about changes in terms and conditions:

"Unlimited... But if you watch too much, we reserve the right to increase dues"
Sounds like the "to good to be true" part is coming soon 😂
When that happens I'll cancel my card. No problem.
David Scubadiver

mnnice wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am I would like to try it. We are a family of four but rarely go together. Older kid goes with his friends/girlfriend. Younger kid goes with friends, one of his parents, or grandma. If they go to the theater in walking distance I can figure out buying the ticket.

I have time off during the week and would go by myself during week especially when the weather is colder.
If the intent is to pass one movie pass along to 4 members of the family, that is not permitted and could get the pass canceled.
mnnice

Post by mnnice »

David Scubadiver wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:08 pm
mnnice wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am I would like to try it. We are a family of four but rarely go together. Older kid goes with his friends/girlfriend. Younger kid goes with friends, one of his parents, or grandma. If they go to the theater in walking distance I can figure out buying the ticket.

If the intent is to pass one movie pass along to 4 members of the family, that is not permitted and could get the pass canceled.
Yeah your right. I read the non transferable part later. Another participating theater has kids 12 and under free with adult admission to some movies. It should be kosher for that. :D
Rashen

Post by Rashen »

just read about this company.
I wouldn't expect them to stay in business for long with a stupid buiness model like this.
Enjoy while it lasts :)

"Just to put this problem in perspective, lets apply some math to this case study on how not to run a business. Lets assume that each of MoviePass's 400,000 subscribers decide to see 2 movies each week (they're entitled to one movie pass a day...but lets just assume they only use 2 per week) at a cost of $10...that's a total cost of $32 million each month. Now, each of those subscribers are paying $10 per month for their service which means MoviePass is collecting $4 million in revenue and burning $28 million every single month or $336mm per year...and that doesn't even count their staff and other overhead expenses which we're sure are considerable. Does that sound like a business plan that might be of interest to you?"

And the punchline (funny, but sad and true): "Sorry guys, only Bezos and Musk are able to sell products at a massive loss, in perpetuity, without investor backlash..."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-1 ... ot-survive
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

I got my card today, about a week after I ordered it. Much quicker than I expected.

Will do good wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 pm

When that happens I'll cancel my card. No problem.
Does anybody know how easy it is to cancel, and what is the procedure? Just in case?
cacophony

Post by cacophony »

I agree it sounds like a great deal.

Based on what I've read there is one significant downside (at least for me). I like to purchase my tickets online in advance, largely because the local theater has reserved seating where the good seats sell out quickly. But with MoviePass you actually need to buy the tickets at the theater, which means additional trips to the theater and a lot less convenience.

The strategy behind the business is that people on average only go to the movies about 4 times a year.
engineer1969

Post by engineer1969 »

Rashen wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:33 pm just read about this company.
I wouldn't expect them to stay in business for long with a stupid buiness model like this.
Enjoy while it lasts :)

"Just to put this problem in perspective, lets apply some math to this case study on how not to run a business. Lets assume that each of MoviePass's 400,000 subscribers decide to see 2 movies each week (they're entitled to one movie pass a day...but lets just assume they only use 2 per week) at a cost of $10...that's a total cost of $32 million each month. Now, each of those subscribers are paying $10 per month for their service which means MoviePass is collecting $4 million in revenue and burning $28 million every single month or $336mm per year...and that doesn't even count their staff and other overhead expenses which we're sure are considerable. Does that sound like a business plan that might be of interest to you?"

And the punchline (funny, but sad and true): "Sorry guys, only Bezos and Musk are able to sell products at a massive loss, in perpetuity, without investor backlash..."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-1 ... ot-survive
I have no idea what a production company or studio would be willing to pay for their information, but I know they are willing to pay millions for 30 secs of air time on television.
Topic Author
denovo

Post by denovo »

Just an update. I've had MoviePass for about two months and seen about 10 movies. It's been working as advertised so far.
"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

engineer1969 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 am

I have no idea what a production company or studio would be willing to pay for their information, but I know they are willing to pay millions for 30 secs of air time on television.
5 million for a 30s superbowl ad seen by 100 million people
100 million people *10/ticket is 1 billion dollars

That is a lot more expensive advertising. Now other shows are a bit cheaper but the 50x we are looking at even if you assume you can sell 30 mins of advertising before the movie. And note that the movie companies have already monetized the time before movies so the gain is just the added viewers. Making it up with popcorn sales seems more likely

The real problem for MoviePass is they add no value. If your local cinema wants an all you can watch pass, they can do it. No need to split the money.
csm

Post by csm »

randomguy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm
The real problem for MoviePass is they add no value. If your local cinema wants an all you can watch pass, they can do it. No need to split the money.
The value comes from being able to use it at multiple locations. I doubt I would pay a flat fee to a single cinema monthly, but the MoviePass can be used at a variety of cinemas, even across the country.
Que1999

Post by Que1999 »

This is great. Thanks for the info! Just ordered a MoviePass for the wife and I. Living in a high COL area, this is really beneficial. $18-$20 per ticket here. Hopefully they are able to monetize well and last, maybe getting a cut from the theaters for the increased concession sales?.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
tj

Post by tj »

I don't understand why it works at AMC but not Harkins. The two theeaters near me are Harkins and the card does not seem to work there, so I haven't signed up.

If it's just a Visa or Mastercard debit card, why would it not be functional at some theaters?
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

csm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 am
randomguy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm
The value comes from being able to use it at multiple locations. I doubt I would pay a flat fee to a single cinema monthly, but the MoviePass can be used at a variety of cinemas, even across the country.
Thats a value to you not the theater.:) AMC, Regal and the rest of the big movie chains would much rather lock you into going to them versus their competitors. The list of companies that have succeeded with these type of bussiness models (acquire a lot of customers and then neogiated deals to make the company profitable) is very, very small.
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

tj wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm I don't understand why it works at AMC but not Harkins. The two theeaters near me are Harkins and the card does not seem to work there, so I haven't signed up.

If it's just a Visa or Mastercard debit card, why would it not be functional at some theaters?

If I had to guess they have set up the card to only work at certain locations. They don't want you charging 15 bucks at starbucks and calling it a movie. How exactly they do that I don't think has been made public.
tj

Post by tj »

randomguy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:56 pm
tj wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm I don't understand why it works at AMC but not Harkins. The two theeaters near me are Harkins and the card does not seem to work there, so I haven't signed up.

If I had to guess they have set up the card to only work at certain locations. They don't want you charging 15 bucks at starbucks and calling it a movie. How exactly they do that I don't think has been made public.

Sure, but you would think movie theaters are all categorized by Visa as movie theaters....

Post by 123 »

I'm still enjoying my MoviePass. It works great. For those that haven't tried it yet you use the MoviePass debit card in connection with a smartphone app. The smartphone app is used to check-in at a theater. The "Check-in" is to let MoviePass know that you are at the theater (the app uses GPS). After you click on the movie you want it gives you 30 minutes to purchase your ticket with the MoviePass debit card. Not all theaters are included but a wide variety in my area are in the app. In my area most of the AMC theaters are included but a couple are not for some reason. I usually purchase my ticket at a theater kiosk with the card but have used a cashier if the theater did not have a kiosk.

So far it doesn't get you into higher-priced showings like IMAX or 3D, it just works for regular movies. Since you have to be at the theater to "Check-in" I don't think you can buy advance tickets unless it's for the same day and you make 2 trips to the theater, one for ticket purchase and one to see the movie.

I hope their funding holds out, it's a great deal.

Regarding cancellation the last time I checked their website it said that if you choose to cancel you have to wait 9 months to activate again.

Will I see you at the movies?
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
munemaker

Post by munemaker »

I got the card about a month ago. Previously I went to about 1 movie every 5 years. In the last month, I have gone to 5 (retired). Works perfect, just as advertised. There are only a few theaters in our area and it works at all of them. Some places there are these kind of specialty theaters that show old movies or art films...I am pretty sure it does not work at those. Only theaters that show first run movies.

I have been going to matinees while my wife is at work. Prior to getting the card, I had no idea what a matinee costs are here. They are only $3.99 for current movies! But even at that price, going to 5 movies a month is still a good deal. Sometimes I go with friends, sometimes by myself. Sometimes there are only a couple people in the entire theater.

Recently I visited the Washington DC area. I didn't got to any movies, but i did check the app to see what was available. Many (dozens maybe) theaters showed up, a few of which had advance ticket purchase capability indicated on the app.

I did accidentally open a second account under a different email. I used the app to cancel it before the card even came. Cancelling worked great and they refunded my $9.99 immediately.

I really like MoviePass. My experience has been excellent and I highly recommend it.
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

123 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pmThe "Check-in" is to let MoviePass know that you are at the theater (the app uses GPS).
So, if you refuse to use the GPS on your phone due to security/paranoia or battery reasons, like me, you can't use MoviePass?

I guess I'm out, then.
munemaker

Post by munemaker »

FedGuy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am
123 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pmThe "Check-in" is to let MoviePass know that you are at the theater (the app uses GPS).
So, if you refuse to use the GPS on your phone due to security/paranoia or battery reasons, like me, you can't use MoviePass?

I guess I'm out, then.
Try these work arounds: You could just turn GPS on for a minute, select your movie, and then turn it off. That way whoever is out to get you won't have time to zero in our your location. If you plug your phone into your car while doing this, it will not impact your battery life.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.
Que1999

Post by Que1999 »

FYI, MoviePass seems to have a promo going right now, $7 per month plus a $6 one-time activation fee for a total of $90 billed annually.... If you have the regular $10 plan, as soon as you log in it asks if you'd like to switch to the new promotional plan. I just activated it for myself and the wife. :beer
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Que1999 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:52 pm FYI, MoviePass seems to have a promo going right now, $7 per month plus a $6 one-time activation fee for a total of $90 billed annually.... If you have the regular $10 plan, as soon as you log in it asks if you'd like to switch to the new promotional plan. I just activated it for myself and the wife. :beer
So basically your betting they will be in bussiness in 9 months? 😁
Que1999

Post by Que1999 »

randomguy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 pm
Que1999 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:52 pm FYI, MoviePass seems to have a promo going right now, $7 per month plus a $6 one-time activation fee for a total of $90 billed annually.... If you have the regular $10 plan, as soon as you log in it asks if you'd like to switch to the new promotional plan. I just activated it for myself and the wife. :beer
:shock: :?
bobandsherry

Post by bobandsherry »

I'm steering clear of this "deal". Let's look at it. Used to sell this for $9.95/mo on a monthly payment. Not making money, so instead drop to $6.95/mo and collect 12 months in advance. If can't make money at $9.95/mo they def aren't at $6.95. The only thing they have done is collected 12 months in advance, negative cash flow still and seems likely they go bust after collecting the annual fee.
VaR

Post by VaR »

randomguy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 pm
Is this the kind of charge that you can dispute with your credit card company if they go out of business?
Rondo

Post by Rondo »

How silly. You can buy a ticket at the window early in the day and stay in the theater all day/night and watch as many movies as you want. At some theaters the popcorn refills are free too! :)
navyitaly

Post by navyitaly »

Isn't that called stealing?