What specific changes have you made post-Equifax?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Yukon

Re: What specific changes have you made post-Equifax?

Post by Yukon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm

tetractys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm
Yukon wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm
tetractys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am
letsgobobby wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 am
tetractys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:16 am
Totally unconcerned. — Tet

We should be steady with our prudent actions and awake; but not surprised.

Be happy. — Tet
So what prudent actions would you suggest?
Ha ha ha. Just the usual ones that have been around for awhile now. They’ve been mentioned above, have they not? — Tet
Sure. My credit has been frozen and I've used double factor authentication for several years. But to me, the stakes have changed a bit. Now people have the data necessary to reset my pin to unfreeze my credit file so THAT seems to be a bit more concerning. I'm just a bit surprised some have the fortitude to be unconcerned about the (new) lifetime risk. Or to realize my heightened concern is unfounded :)
Don't Work Forever.

tetractys

Re: What specific changes have you made post-Equifax?

Post by tetractys » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Yukon wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm
tetractys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm
Yukon wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm
tetractys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am
letsgobobby wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 am

So what prudent actions would you suggest?
Ha ha ha. Just the usual ones that have been around for awhile now. They’ve been mentioned above, have they not? — Tet
Sure. My credit has been frozen and I've used double factor authentication for several years. But to me, the stakes have changed a bit. Now people have the data necessary to reset my pin to unfreeze my credit file so THAT seems to be a bit more concerning. I'm just a bit surprised some have the fortitude to be unconcerned about the (new) lifetime risk. Or to realize my heightened concern is unfounded :)
Well, I wouldn’t recommend the final ultimate option. Just try to relax; eat something with ketchup. — Tet