AAII conference

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Theseus

AAII conference

Post by Theseus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 pm

I am trying to decide if this year's conference is worth attending. It will be my first time. For those who have attended this conference in the past, what value do you assign to it? Is it worth attending? I am an index investor but investment related topics interest me a lot.

pkcrafter

Re: AAII conference

Post by pkcrafter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Theseus wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 pm
I am trying to decide if this year's conference is worth attending. It will be my first time. For those who have attended this conference in the past, what value do you assign to it? Is it worth attending? I am an index investor but investment related topics interest me a lot.
I have never attended an AAII conference and didn't have any interest until I saw the speaker line-up. There are several people I would love to hear, including Larry Swedoe, Meir Statman, Christine Benz, David Blanchett, Mark Hulbert, Craig Israelsen, Spencer Jakab, Paul Merriman, and others too.

Great line-up. I think you would be very pleased if you decide to go.

http://www.aaii.com/conference/speakers

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

matjen

Post by matjen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 pm

^ +1 You will enjoy the speakers that you want to see and know a bit about. Those that are more typical stock pickers or annuity types will disappoint. I went a couple years ago and Swedroe, Ferri, Wes Gray, Israelson, etc. were all great.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.

Theseus

Post by Theseus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 am

Thank you! I will go and see how it is.

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Theseus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 am
Thank you! I will go and see how it is.
Good, give us a review when you get back.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.