Thank you bull market!

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
ryman554

Thank you bull market!

Post by ryman554 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I am, at least, temporarily, a member of the two comma club. Is this like Fidelity Premium Services or Vanguard Admiral Shares where you get to keep your title even if the market takes it away tomorrow?

Thanks to my wife's frugality, many examples and pointers from my five years on this board, the seriously accelerated market for the past year, and my ability to get overpaid for what I do, I've hit two commas (points to those of you in Europe) as of this week. Not a shout-out to my lodestone of a mortgage in a HCOL area -- I was worried I would hit more than $2M net worth before I made this exalted club. I clearly still have things to learn.

For some reason, my wife does not want to spend just under $5300 on a celebration...

The course is still kept. Next port ahead is 25x essential expenses.

bligh

Re: Thank you bull market!

Post by bligh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Congratulations ryman554.

Mr Kim Jong Un may help you move in and out of that club a few times, but that doesn't make it any less an accomplishment.

Maybe you can surprise the wife with the $5300 celebration.. I mean.. how mad could she get? 8-)

BolderBoy

Post by BolderBoy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

ryman554 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm
I am, at least, temporarily, a member of the two comma club. Is this like Fidelity Premium Services or Vanguard Admiral Shares where you get to keep your title even if the market takes it away tomorrow?

Thanks to my wife's frugality, many examples and pointers from my five years on this board, the seriously accelerated market for the past year, and my ability to get overpaid for what I do, I've hit two commas (points to those of you in Europe) as of this week. Not a shout-out to my lodestone of a mortgage in a HCOL area -- I was worried I would hit more than $2M net worth before I made this exalted club. I clearly still have things to learn.

For some reason, my wife does not want to spend just under $5300 on a celebration...

The course is still kept. Next port ahead is 25x essential expenses.
Congratulations! I think there are something close to 16 million two comma folks in the USA now and you are one of them. Don't you feel special? :happy
“Where you stand, depends on where you sit” - Rufus Miles | "Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities"

2b2

Post by 2b2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Congratulations!
Well done!

FIREchief

Post by FIREchief » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 am

Why spend 53 basis points on a celebration? You wouldn't pay that as an ER, would you?
I am not a lawyer, accountant or financial advisor. Any advice or suggestions that I may provide shall be considered for entertainment purposes only.

WVbaron

Post by WVbaron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:55 am

Congratulations! It is great to be able to celebrate those milestones on this forum. It is an inspiration...I am half way there and will join some day. Well done!

dwickenh

Post by dwickenh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am

Congrats and well done. It is just a number, but it is "your number".

Best of luck to you,

Dan
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett