Cost of Dental Implant

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
izmeeh

Cost of Dental Implant

Post by izmeeh »

Hi,

Without dental insurance, how much should I expect to pay from start to finish for All-on-4/6/8 dental implant? All teeth have been removed. I saw some reviews on Yelp mentioning $50K. Is that on the high side? Average? The dentists I have called are not willing to give me a price range unless I go in for a consultation. I'm in San Jose, California, but I wonder if it would be worth it to go to another state for the procedure. I understand it would be cheaper to do this in another country, but I'm worry about potential complications. Thank you.
theta

Re: Cost of Dental Implant

Post by theta »

Suggest you try to find an Affordable Dentures office near you. Many do implants and I believe cost to be less than $5k.
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

theta wrote:Suggest you try to find an Affordable Dentures office near you. Many do implants and I believe cost to be less than $5k.
Per tooth, here the OP is looking to implant multiple teeth.
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
mouses

Post by mouses »

izmeeh wrote:Hi,

Without dental insurance, how much should I expect to pay from start to finish for All-on-4/6/8 dental implant? All teeth have been removed. I saw some reviews on Yelp mentioning $50K. Is that on the high side? Average? The dentists I have called are not willing to give me a price range unless I go in for a consultation. I'm in San Jose, California, but I wonder if it would be worth it to go to another state for the procedure. I understand it would be cheaper to do this in another country, but I'm worry about potential complications. Thank you.
I don't know what an all on 4 6 8 implant is. I recently got an estimate of about $6000 for the entire procedure start to finish for one implant from a prosthodontist. Work like that seems to be extremely expensive in my area of the country, New England, and way more than I am used to paying not very long ago for caps, etc.

I was already nervous about an implant since I had never had one and a relative had a very bad experience with implants, so I punted. It is a back tooth. It is a slight cosmetic problem, but not enough so that I want to risk complications plus, $6000.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

An 'All on 4' procedure replaces all the teeth in an arch (all top or bottom teeth) with implants and a fixed prosthetic. For many patients, they get to walk out of surgery with the temp attached to the newly placed implants so some have called the procedure 'teeth in a day'. Sometimes more than 4 implants are placed based on the patients mouth but the procedure typically has a flat fee regardless of number of implants. Specific fees can depend on where in the country you live but in my area $26000 per arch is not uncommon and can increase with complexity of the case.
blueberry

Post by blueberry »

I know people who have been very happy with dental care in Mexico, and it's much much cheaper.
taguscove

Post by taguscove »

I had an accident in 2016 that fractured a single front tooth below the gum line. I had no dental insurance and paid cash for a complete extraction and implant. The procedure you're looking at is different but I thought my information could be helpful.

Work done in Palo Alto, CA:
Tooth root removed: ~$400
Temporary tooth denture: $350
Surgical removal and bone graft: $1000

Work done in Cambridge, MA:
Implant: $2500
Abutment and crown: $2500

Advice:
1. Most dentists are willing to provide a discount or match with insurance rates if you say you're uninsured and ask. I probably paid ~$1000 less because I asked.
2. Implants are expensive in the US. If you have time on your hands, I second the suggestion to look internationally in Mexico. It will require 2 visits, 1 to place the implant, 1 to add the abutment and crown. BE VERY WARY of anyone claiming to do it in one visit or for an unusually cheap price.

Hope this helps
NJDMD

Post by NJDMD »

Hello -- I'm a general dentist in NJ -- PLEASE don't go to another country to have this done. I have seen too many cases of failing, poorly done dentistry done in other countries. The patients come back to the US and now have to pay to have things redone. It's awful.

That being said, the "All-on-4" type of case does range in price...have you thought about having an overdenture made? Basically it is still a removeable prosthesis but "snaps" onto two-to-four implants -- it is not permanently fixed like an all-on-four case. Prices for this type of treatment are significantly less. Also if you have an existing denture, many times it can be retro-fitted to the implants, so you don't have to pay for a new denture.

Hopefully this helps & good luck!
BogleMelon

Post by BogleMelon »

taguscove wrote:I had an accident in 2016 that fractured a single front tooth below the gum line. I had no dental insurance and paid cash for a complete extraction and implant.
Shouldn't that be covered by health insurance?
"One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

I just got 1 tooth done last week. Total of everything was around $2300. I paid 100% of it.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

BogleMelon wrote:
taguscove wrote:I had an accident in 2016 that fractured a single front tooth below the gum line. I had no dental insurance and paid cash for a complete extraction and implant.
I think insurance might pay for the extraction but not the restoration -- the restoration being labeled as not medically necessary (in most cases). I had an implant done (molar) in 2011, the total cost excluding the extraction (covered by ins) was about $3,500.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
taguscove

Post by taguscove »

BogleMelon wrote:
I went 2 years without health insurance while transitioning careers in the Bay Area. It was an odd experience sitting on over 300k of assets, but without health insurance. When previously employed, I smugly told others to always carry health insurance no matter what; turns out that's super easy to say when the employer provides it.

I bought a high deductible health insurance at first, but dropped it when the Healthcare.gov / ACA first came out. You'd think it would be easy for an unemployed and educated person to enroll in health insurance. No, it was a raging nightmare and I gave up after the 4th attempt.

I learned a good lesson about walking in other people's shoes before criticizing.
midareff

Post by midareff »

Between the wife and myself we did three extractions with bone grafts, three implants and three crowns. Roughly $20K. Miami Beach.
Nick341981

Post by Nick341981 »

Reading this thread just inspired me to go brush and floss :D
bsteiner

Post by bsteiner »

NJDMD wrote:Hello -- I'm a general dentist in NJ -- PLEASE don't go to another country to have this done. I have seen too many cases of failing, poorly done dentistry done in other countries. The patients come back to the US and now have to pay to have things redone. It's awful. ...
I sometimes hear that you shouldn't look for the lowest price when it comes to parachutes and toilet paper. I think the same is true for professional services. Find someone who practices that type of dentistry and who's well-regarded.
theta

Post by theta »

Re: Affordable Dentures

No the $5k cost is not per tooth but for entire set of dentures.
There are 8 mini-dental implants (4 top, 4 bottom) that anchor the dentures.
I know folks who have had them for 10+ years and are very happy with them.
dbr

Post by dbr »

theta wrote:Re: Affordable Dentures

No the $5k cost is not per tooth but for entire set of dentures.
There are 8 mini-dental implants (4 top, 4 bottom) that anchor the dentures.
I know folks who have had them for 10+ years and are very happy with them.
I have seen a quote for a friend of complete extraction (oral surgery) of all teeth and similar anchor implants with full dentures for $12k. I have also seen that the dentures per se, but not the dental work, might be paid for by low income medical assistance programs if one qualifies.
likegarden

Post by likegarden »

My dentist told me that I would need a dental implant in the future. I said : is too expensive.
I wonder why people do not do Jacket crowns. When 15 years old I once broke off a front tooth at the gum line. The dentist left the remaining tooth and roots in place and put a gold 'pin' in it, then placed a crown over it. I had no problems with that for 62 years, except initially crowns need to be replaced because they discolored.
Topic Author
izmeeh

Post by izmeeh »

Thank you for the discussion, suggestions, and questions.

I'll contact Affordable Dentures & Implants. The closest office is 45 miles away.

Without any teeth, I don't think crown is an option.
Wakefield1

Post by Wakefield1 »

NJDMD wrote:Hello -- I'm a general dentist in NJ -- PLEASE don't go to another country to have this done. I have seen too many cases of failing, poorly done dentistry done in other countries. The patients come back to the US and now have to pay to have things redone. It's awful.

That being said, the "All-on-4" type of case does range in price...have you thought about having an overdenture made? Basically it is still a removeable prosthesis but "snaps" onto two-to-four implants -- it is not permanently fixed like an all-on-four case. Prices for this type of treatment are significantly less. Also if you have an existing denture, many times it can be retro-fitted to the implants, so you don't have to pay for a new denture.

What about a country like Germany?
queso

Post by queso »

Subscribed. Recently had #3 molar extracted due to pain/issues with an old root canal/crown. Extraction was $240 out of pocket. It's healing pretty well and my oral surgeon has me booked to go back in 7 weeks for the follow up scans, etc. Will post up what the total out of pocket ends up being. Will try to resist doing the TVM calculation on what my implant total would be in 20 years since I would probably end up skipping it if I looked at the numbers. :D
jim234

Post by jim234 »

Some guy I know had 6 impants and the whole upper teeth done for 15k in Thailand.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

jim234 wrote:Some guy I know had 6 impants and the whole upper teeth done for 15k in Thailand.
How does that work? My implant took months to get done. Extraction --> Bone Graft ---> Implant ---> Artificial tooth. Each step was separated by months/weeks. For example, the implant didn't get screwed in until 6 months after the bone graft.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
jim234

Post by jim234 »

jebmke wrote:
jim234 wrote:Some guy I know had 6 impants and the whole upper teeth done for 15k in Thailand.
How does that work? My implant took months to get done. Extraction --> Bone Graft ---> Implant ---> Artificial tooth. Each step was separated by months/weeks. For example, the implant didn't get screwed in until 6 months after the bone graft.
I don't have the details. He lives there on a retirement visa so it may have taken months.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Well, that would make sense. I can't see how it would work for a US resident to be flying back and forth to Thailand. And I doubt that would hold up on Schedule A as a deduction (the travel cost). :D
maroon

Post by maroon »

delete
Last edited by maroon on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
james3547

Post by james3547 »

I'll post more later when not on my phone. The problem with all on 4 and having it done out of the country is more follow up. These are not simple cases and might require adjustments, new screws ect. Good luck finding somebody to adjust or remove and inspect something done in mexico.

Also, mini implants are not really what you'll want for full dentures
james3547

Post by james3547 »

james3547 wrote:I'll post more later when not on my phone. The problem with all on 4 and having it done out of the country is more follow up. These are not simple cases and might require adjustments, new screws ect. Good luck finding somebody to adjust or remove and inspect something done in mexico.

Also, mini implants are not really what you'll want for full dentures
Edit: your looking at 25k plus or minus per arch
lilvixen

Post by lilvixen »

I'm not sure about the cost of the specific procedure you're having, but to chime in on my recent experience, I just had two implants installed in place of two molar baby teeth. 6 months after the dentist performed the extractions, a periodontist put in the implants for ~$1900 each - sedative and local anesthesia. I go back at the 1 month mark to evaluate the healing, and if it's going well, then I can get the abutments and crowns in another 2 or 3 months. The dentist gave me a quote of $1900 for each abutment/crown set. (I'm on the West Coast.)

For what it's worth, I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain and medical procedures, and the implant surgery and recovery was way easier than the extractions.
an_asker

Post by an_asker »

bsteiner wrote:
NJDMD wrote:Hello -- I'm a general dentist in NJ -- PLEASE don't go to another country to have this done. I have seen too many cases of failing, poorly done dentistry done in other countries. The patients come back to the US and now have to pay to have things redone. It's awful. ...
I sometimes hear that you shouldn't look for the lowest price when it comes to parachutes and toilet paper. I think the same is true for professional services. Find someone who practices that type of dentistry and who's well-regarded.
You didn't add "in the (other) country" but I feel I should (whther or not you meant to).

Too often* I see folks dissing not just immigrants but also citizens of other countries. Maybe the median of <pick a country> is not as efficient as median of USA, but surely there are some over there who can compete with the very best?

* I am not specifically referring to bogleheads, but in general. And also, it's not just Americans who do this - folks in many countries are similarly jingoistic.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

likegarden wrote:My dentist told me that I would need a dental implant in the future. I said : is too expensive.
I wonder why people do not do Jacket crowns. When 15 years old I once broke off a front tooth at the gum line. The dentist left the remaining tooth and roots in place and put a gold 'pin' in it, then placed a crown over it. I had no problems with that for 62 years, except initially crowns need to be replaced because they discolored.
There are many options when you have teeth, healthy bone, gums, etc. I have 7 implants. I promise you that it wasn't that my dentists or I wouldn't have preferred a more convenient and less expensive way. Over the years, I've learned that sometimes you get what you pay for.

Re traveling for implants: I don't think that makes sense. I'd be happy to have implants done out of the US, if I lived out of the US. There is a ton of followup and waiting. In addition to bone grafts, mentioned here, I've had to have a sinus lift on one pair of implants, making the whole thing take even longer. Not that I'd mind flying to Grand Cayman every few months, but it wouldn't be a cost-saving option :D
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
mouses

Post by mouses »

likegarden wrote:My dentist told me that I would need a dental implant in the future. I said : is too expensive.
If there is not enough of the original tooth left, a crown is not possible. Then you are looking at an implant, a bridge, or a gap. I would have been very happy to get a crown had the original tooth not fractured all the way down into the root.
Elena

Post by Elena »

Wakefield1 wrote:
NJDMD wrote:Hello -- I'm a general dentist in NJ -- PLEASE don't go to another country to have this done. I have seen too many cases of failing, poorly done dentistry done in other countries. The patients come back to the US and now have to pay to have things redone. It's awful.

What about a country like Germany?
I have all my dental work done in Spain. Same quality as here, much more affordable. Labs as good as any others, materials are the same (zirconium, etc.). Just go to a reputable dentist. Here in the USA they work you on fear (I have that attempted on me). I have also been at a dentist in Germany and it was all fine protocol procedures, only their English was not too good (smaller city).
Topic Author
izmeeh

Post by izmeeh »

I've checked out Affordable Dentures & Implants. None of them seems to offer implant with screwed-in dentures (permanent kind). They only offer implant with snap in dentures. Their prices varies from office to office. ~ $1,000 to $1,400 per implant + add-ons. You're looking at $10K-$12K.

http://www.allenparkfamilydental.com/de ... -implants/

It looks like this website has good estimates.

About $12K for traditional implant with snap on/snap off dentures.
About $8K for mini implant with snap on/snap off dentures.
About $45K for traditional implant with screwed-in dentures.
DonM17

Post by DonM17 »

I know of 2 people who have flown to Phoenix, AZ - been picked up by driver and driven across the border into Los Algodones, Mexico to have implants done and are very happy with work that was done on them. Total cost for 7 implants for one person (titanium posts and zirconium crowns) was $7,000. When picked up at the airport, you are driven directly to a motel for an overnight stay before seeing the dentist the next morning. The dental facility was spotless and was equipped with all of the latest equipment......if you were to Goggle Castle Dental in Mexico you would find out where they went to.

One more thing - you do have to return to the dental office 3 or 4 months later to have the crowns put on.
MikeWillRetire

Post by MikeWillRetire »

izmeeh wrote:I've checked out Affordable Dentures & Implants. None of them seems to offer implant with screwed-in dentures (permanent kind). They only offer implant with snap in dentures. Their prices varies from office to office. ~ $1,000 to $1,400 per implant + add-ons. You're looking at $10K-$12K.

http://www.allenparkfamilydental.com/de ... -implants/

It looks like this website has good estimates.

About $12K for traditional implant with snap on/snap off dentures.
About $8K for mini implant with snap on/snap off dentures.
About $45K for traditional implant with screwed-in dentures.
I just can't understand the $45k cost. Is it the labor cost to create the implant? Is it the material cost? Most cars cost less.
toofache32

Post by toofache32 »

jebmke wrote:
BogleMelon wrote:
I think insurance might pay for the extraction but not the restoration -- the restoration being labeled as not medically necessary (in most cases). I had an implant done (molar) in 2011, the total cost excluding the extraction (covered by ins) was about $3,500.
Medical insurance very rarely pays anything for teeth. The biggest problem is finding a dentist to work on "contingency" to do the work and hope insurance pays....most (rightfully so) will require you to pay up front and it's the patient's fight to get reimbursed from THEIR insurance.
toofache32

Post by toofache32 »

Not all implant-related procedures are the same. This is like asking "how much should I pay for a car" when we don't know if it's a pickup truck or sedan.

Everyone who says they got 1-2 implants for this much money is irrelevant. The procedure the OP is referring to is when a full arch of teeth are replaced on 4-6 implants. This is not a denture...this is a FIXED bridge which is the closest thing that exists to real teeth. Both the surgical aspect and the prosthetic aspect is very different from a single tooth implant and is not comparable from a cost nor a complexity standpoint. I do this every week and the total cost for implants and teeth ranges in the 23-25G range per arch.

The problem with going overseas is that this treatment (like most treatments) require ongoing maintenance and specialized cleaning. It's hard to get a dentist to touch something as complex as this because once they touch it, they own it. The patient will blame them for any problems in the future. I'm amazed at how patients will go to Mexico on a whim for huge complex treatment, then balk at the idea of going back to Mexico 1-2x per year for maintenance. This is one aspect that overseas doctors love and allows them to charge less....patients don't make them own their work.
toofache32

Post by toofache32 »

MikeWillRetire wrote: I just can't understand the $45k cost. Is it the labor cost to create the implant? Is it the material cost? Most cars cost less.
Multiple reasons. The overhead is high. The implants and abutments/components themselves can cost up to $1000 each for the dentist to purchase. Then the lab bill is often as much as $4000 per arch. Bone graft materials are expensive as well when needed. Then these cases require many hours of time in the office to do the surgery, post-op visits, impressions, bar try-in, and create the final teeth.....at hundreds of dollars per hour to keep an office open (my office costs me $3000 per day just to keep open). Lastly, expectations are high, risks of failure are very real, and few can provide this service at high quality. This is one of the most difficult procedures in dentistry to do well, and there is a price for that. Not to mention, the market forces are in effect. This is elective treatment. Everyone WANTS teeth but nobody NEEDS teeth. We have 400 pound people walking around with no teeth.
mkatz

Post by mkatz »

It seems to me that an appropriate response to this query requires the offering of medical advice. That's prohibited in this forum.

Every situation is unique. Fees should vary as a function of anatomic, medical and psychological conditions and as a function of aesthetic and functional desires. To offer generic advice for such an ill-defined situation as this is ill advised.

This s from the perspective of someone who has placed many thousand of implants.
Jackson12

Post by Jackson12 »

I had implants done and the cost was $12,000 for 3 teeth. I had an excellent dental surgeon.

Here's a warning about payment plans: please look very carefully at the terms for " zero interest offers" for a limited time period. If you pay the balance before interest kicks in, no problem...as I'm sure most here already know.

But there is a very popular company which offers payment plans ( can I list company names here?) where there is a "gotcha" and it almost got me. This company is often used by customers paying for dental services.

If you use the zero interest promotion and your account is not paid in full within the promotional period, you not only get hit with high interest- but that interest is calculated from the original purchase date, Making it a significantly larger amount than if it was interest accrued on the balance only after the promotional period ended. -

Thus means that even if you owe only one dollar after the promotional period ends, you'll pay interest accrued from the original purchase date.
toofache32

Post by toofache32 »

Jackson12 wrote:I had implants done and the cost was $12,000 for 3 teeth. I had an excellent dental surgeon.

Here's a warning about payment plans: please look very carefully at the terms for " zero interest offers" for a limited time period. If you pay the balance before interest kicks in, no problem...as I'm sure most here already know.

But there is a very popular company which offers payment plans ( can I list company names here?) where there is a "gotcha" and it almost got me. This company is often used by customers paying for dental services.

If you use the zero interest promotion and your account is not paid in full within the promotional period, you not only get hit with high interest- but that interest is calculated from the original purchase date, Making it a significantly larger amount than if it was interest accrued on the balance only after the promotional period ended. -

Thus means that even if you owe only one dollar after the promotional period ends, you'll pay interest accrued from the original purchase date.
There are several companies out there that offer credit for healthcare services. Care Credit is probably the biggest. Like all zero-interest products, they are only a good deal if paid off within the 12-18 month period. This is spelled out at the beginning, although I'm sure many people don't read their contracts.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

mkatz wrote:It seems to me that an appropriate response to this query requires the offering of medical advice. That's prohibited in this forum.
Medical advice is indeed off-topic in this forum. Here's why: Re: Dental implant or retreatment of root canal?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
mouses

Post by mouses »

toofache32 wrote:
Medical insurance very rarely pays anything for teeth. The biggest problem is finding a dentist to work on "contingency" to do the work and hope insurance pays....most (rightfully so) will require you to pay up front and it's the patient's fight to get reimbursed from THEIR insurance.
I think I'm correct in saying that everything that has ever been done to my teeth by an oral surgeon was covered by my medical insurance.
toofache32

Post by toofache32 »

mouses wrote:
toofache32 wrote:
I think I'm correct in saying that everything that has ever been done to my teeth by an oral surgeon was covered by my medical insurance.
My experience as an oral surgeon has been exactly the opposite. I lost big on some cases before I finally saw the light and dropped all medical insurance so I would no longer be contractually forced to purchase my patients' healthcare for them. In my office I have a framed pre-authorization for an implant case. They decided not to pay and I had to eat over $10,000 which I had to go home and take from my family including my wife in her wheelchair. Now that I am no longer in-network with medical, it's the patient's fight, not mine. There were many other more subtle gotchas were (on multiple occasions) they paid me $54 for a bone graft that cost me almost $200 just to purchase the graft. As an in-network provider there was nothing I could do. I was BUYING healthcare for my patients.

Contract of Adhesion: https://www.irmi.com/online/insurance-g ... tract.aspx
Last edited by toofache32 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YoungDentist

Post by YoungDentist »

I place all the implants at our private practice in the Midwest and do many full mouth cases a year. There are few things I would advise you or anyone to do that is considering full mouth rehabilition with dental implants:

1) Make sure the dentist/surgeon you choose spends a considerable amount of time treatment planning and presenting you with a "blueprint". Many times we see cases that fail long term that we end up fixing for another dentist. If you were building a 500k-1M house, would you just start digging without a plan? Your mouth is no different. Make sure multiple pictures, impressions, and a 3D X-ray (cone beam) are taken to plan your case. I can't emphasize this enough: THERE HAS TO BE A PLAN IN PLACE WITH MULITPLE OPTIONS, AND THESE OPTIOKS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS. For example, you can either have a prosthesis/teeth that are totally fixed and do not remove ever, or one that snaps in and out. You can have an all ceramic restoration that has amazing esthetics or you may choose to have acrylic. Make sure you know your options and what you are paying for.

2) Our office will offer all-inclusive plans for full mouth rehab. They range from 15k-50k per arch. Again, we give you all these options during a treatment planning session and allow you to decide what you want long term.

3) Make sure you understand that full mouth reconstruction with implants is not an exact science. You may be told you can have "teeth in a day", but may end up with something totally different. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. It really all comes back to your dentist explaining the process in depth so that you understand your options and "what if" scenarios.

4) know that not all dentists and surgeons are equal. Some specialize and spend a considerable amount of time doing implant extended learning courses and seminars (like myself). Don't make the decision solely based on a price and make sure your dentist has experience doing full mouth rehab.

I can't advocate implant dentistry enough - it's truly amazing what can be done. Do your research and enjoy the process!
Topic Author
izmeeh

Post by izmeeh »

Again, many thanks to those who have replied. From your replies, I'm collecting questions to ask the dentist during consultation and what to look for when researching.

"They range from 15k-50k per arch."
:( 50K for the entire thing is already out of my range. I can't even imagine 50K per arch.
parastoo

Post by parastoo »

Hi,
I broke off a front tooth a few days before Xmas and had the root extracted. I just went this week to my local university dental school for a consult on a bridge vs an implant. Cost for the implant , abutment , and crown will be about $2700.00. I have dental insurance that will cover about 35%-45%.
Mark
sawhorse

Post by sawhorse »

Have you looked into dental schools? The most honest evaluations and cost effective work I've had have been at a dental school. Mind you, all I had were cleanings and fillings.
Topic Author
izmeeh

Post by izmeeh »

sawhorse wrote:Have you looked into dental schools? The most honest evaluations and cost effective work I've had have been at a dental school. Mind you, all I had were cleanings and fillings.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.
UCSF - "one or two implants in the back of the mouth"
University of the Pacific (Union City) - "implant placement: crowns, bridges, dentures and partial dentures"
University of the Pacific (SF) - doesn't specify, will have to call