Congratulations to EmergDoc [Scholarship fund started]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Bruce

Congratulations to EmergDoc [Scholarship fund started]

Post by Bruce » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 am

Just wanted to highlight our own fellow Boglehead "Emergency Doc" , creator and author of the White Coat Investor book and web site has started up a scholarship fund for med students.

Since the ER Doc has made well over 10,000 posts on this website helping individuals out, thought there might be a reader or two who was interested in learning more or helping out as well.

Or a med student who wants to apply.

ER Doc writes,

http://whitecoatinvestor.com/the-white- ... holarship/
The big news this month is The White Coat Investor Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to spread the word about the importance of financial literacy among doctors and other high-income professionals as well as to dramatically help reduce the student loan burden of one lucky winner. This weekend I'll be announcing the scholarship on the website and in a number of online forums. If you would like to apply, you can read all about how to do so here. We're not going to look at more than the first 100 applications, so get yours in quickly even though the deadline is months away.

The scholarship is being funded from three sources. The first is profits from this website. I'm basically chipping in $2,000 of my own money. The second is from sponsors of this blog, all of whom are among the "good guys" in the financial services world.
regards,
Bruce | | Winner of the 2017 Bogleheads Contest | | "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

ccieemeritus

Re: Congratulations to Emergency Doc

Post by ccieemeritus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:07 am

As far as I can tell, emergency doc has been too ethical to plug his "white coat investor" book here. So I'll plug it for him. It's an excellent personal finance book for medical professionals. A perfect gift for a doctor or medical student. I've bought two copies so far in that vein.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... t+investor

DFWinvestor

Post by DFWinvestor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:03 am

This is really awesome. I am a fellow EM physician and really admire what you have done. Congratulations on your great book and giving something back to future physicians.

Toons

Post by Toons » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:06 am

Bruce wrote:Just wanted to highlight our own fellow Boglehead "Emergency Doc" , creator and author of the White Coat Investor book and web site has started up a scholarship fund for med students.

Since the ER Doc has made well over 10,000 posts on this website helping individuals out, thought there might be a reader or two who was interested in learning more or helping out as well.

Or a med student who wants to apply.

ER Doc writes,

http://whitecoatinvestor.com/the-white- ... holarship/
The big news this month is The White Coat Investor Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to spread the word about the importance of financial literacy among doctors and other high-income professionals as well as to dramatically help reduce the student loan burden of one lucky winner. This weekend I'll be announcing the scholarship on the website and in a number of online forums. If you would like to apply, you can read all about how to do so here. We're not going to look at more than the first 100 applications, so get yours in quickly even though the deadline is months away.

The scholarship is being funded from three sources. The first is profits from this website. I'm basically chipping in $2,000 of my own money. The second is from sponsors of this blog, all of whom are among the "good guys" in the financial services world.
regards,
:thumbsup
Kudos
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Congratulations to Emergency Doc [Scholarship fund start

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 am

FYI - I retitled the thread. For those unfamiliar with EmergDoc, see the wiki: Jim Dahle
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

RunningRad

Re: Congratulations to EmergDoc [Scholarship fund started]

Post by RunningRad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Contribution sent.

Well done!
Few decisions in life motivated by greed ever have happy outcomes--Peter Bernstein, The 60/40 Solution

obgyn65

Post by obgyn65 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Well done.
"The two most important days in someone's life are the day that they are born and the day they discover why." -John Maxwell

MWCA

Post by MWCA » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Good for him! Always enjoyed his opinion over the years..
We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm.